Home

FIFA 19 OS Community Sliders

This is a discussion on FIFA 19 OS Community Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-20-2018, 07:58 AM   #25
MVP

OVR: 3
Re: FIFA 19 OS Community Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepox
Hey, just wanted to ask if these sliders work with assisted settings too or are they only optimized for manual controls? I never really liked playing on manual since I play online a lot too and I simply don't have the time or focus to play on manual? And what about FIFA 18 Sliders? I would use yours for the remaining few days if they work on assisted too. Cheers!
I think testers use a variety of settings. I've almost always used assisted controls in my CM and use this community's settings as a base and I'm always able to get the game to play to my liking (when EA doesn't mess it up with overpowering tweaks).

Matt, I would suggest that you include such disclaimers (i.e.: we think these work for both manual and assisted controls or if you use assisted controls you're on your own, whatever is appropriate), since this question gets asked alot within the thread once it starts hitting many pages with many patches. Another one to consider is the general feeling of the number of minutes per half. I think many play on 10 or 15 minute halves when testing, but there will be those wanting to play 6 or 8 minutes. If we think the sliders are not appropriate for shorter games it could help those straight away looking for sliders more appropriate for their play. Just a suggestion.

Last edited by coach422001; 09-20-2018 at 08:51 AM. Reason: spelling error
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2018, 08:46 AM   #26
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by coach422001
I think testers use a variety of settings. I've almost always used assisted controls in my CM and use this communities settings as a base and I'm always able to get the game to play to my liking (when EA doesn't mess it up with overpowering tweaks).

Matt, I would suggest that you include such disclaimers (i.e.: we think these work for both manual and assisted controls or if you use assisted controls you're on your own, whatever is appropriate), since this question gets asked alot within the thread once it starts hitting many pages with many patches. Another one to consider is the general feeling of the number of minutes per half. I think many play on 10 or 15 minute halves when testing, but there will be those wanting to play 6 or 8 minutes. If we think the sliders are not appropriate for shorter games it could help those straight away looking for sliders more appropriate for their play. Just a suggestion.
Good call, I'll add that.

I use semi passing, crossing and shooting (just for testing, but will switch to manual eventually), everything else is manual except for GK assisted.

Looking at getting stuck in later today around 4 pm cst, maybe earlier. As always the main issue is the off the ball runs and the CPU being in a real hurry to get up the pitch. Will need to look at that.
Old 09-20-2018, 09:38 AM   #27
Pro

adoptedscouse's Arena

OVR: 0

Matt I forgot to ask, is the issue from demo with not being able to change team mentality with D-pad left & right fixed if you have timed shots turned on???

(If that what I wrote makes sense)

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-20-2018, 10:12 AM   #28
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by adoptedscouse
Matt I forgot to ask, is the issue from demo with not being able to change team mentality with D-pad left & right fixed if you have timed shots turned on???

(If that what I wrote makes sense)

Nope, that works just fine. Haven't actually tested timed shots though, it's been tricky in attack to get some of these shots off. It's a good thing.
Old 09-20-2018, 11:11 AM   #29
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalMindz
I don't really understand why anyone would choose to turn it off. It's entirely optional. Either you attempt a timed finish or you do not. If you just shoot like in the past - meaning you don't tap the shoot button twice - then it's the same as before.

Regardless it's only going to be a big difference for those hardcore people who can master it. And it really only helps in long shot situations.

People are acting like this is an overhaul of shooting or something but it's a very minor addition that only comes into play if you choose to try it, and it only makes sense to bother with on long shots, and maybe headers.

Exactly

I’ve only attempted it on first time shots like volleys. Occasional I’ll see it activate when I’m button mashing in the box trying to get a toe on the ball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-20-2018, 11:28 AM   #30
Pro

adoptedscouse's Arena

I scored one on demo earlier with a header that only hit yellow, it just curled in so you don’t even need it green to score as long as accuracy is there.

Old 09-20-2018, 12:27 PM   #31
Rookie

ImmortalMindz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by adoptedscouse
I scored one on demo earlier with a header that only hit yellow, it just curled in so you don’t even need it green to score as long as accuracy is there.

Yep, in the beta I scored plenty without timing it perfectly. And even when I've timed it right, it's still not a guarantee goal. I found especially when using lower rated players, timing it perfectly would equal a shot on target but often would be straight at the keeper or easily saved.

Overall I'm not nearly worried about the new timed finishing mechanic as other bits of gameplay. In fact, I love using it just because the scuffed shots you get when you time it wrong are fantastic and often hilarious.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2018, 12:40 PM   #32
MVP

OVR: 6

Ahhh that time of year again!

Greetings to all and welcome back.

I’ll be picking up early with the Champions Edition, and going right into the streams. I hope you all can join!

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »