Home

FIFA 20 OS Community Sliders

This is a discussion on FIFA 20 OS Community Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-01-2020, 06:23 AM   #2697
Pro

rody2k6's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: FIFA 20 OS Community Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb12780
After beating Liverpool 4-0 at Anfield, I think I'm moving up to Legendary, LOL.
Yeah with these sliders it's best to go to legendary. It's helping me have more realistic games since I'm hamburg and got promoted from Bundesliga 2. I was beating freaking bayern and Dortmund with ease before going to legendary.

Sent from my Redmi 5 Plus using Tapatalk

No Cheese Zone
Old 07-01-2020, 04:44 PM   #2698
Rookie

OVR: 0

Hi guys,

Wondering if anyone has any tips they can provide. Came back to career mode after taken a bit of a break. Still looks to be the same ole issues. Thought I found a slider set for ultimate that gave me that challenging gameplay and realistic stats game in, game out. But soon as I passed pre-season and into the start of the season the same issues as before came up. With ultimate doesn't matter what the acceleration/sprint speed are set to, the CPU is ruthlessly fast and there's no chance you'll ever complete a ball over the top and I was just fed up with sweating through an entire match losing 3-0 or 3-1 off 3 SOG by them and never being able to play off the counter essentially even when they're outnumbered.

Decided to give the harder legendary set a chance and it played well....for 2 games. Following a 1-0 where the CPU played defense well enough I found legendary difficulty for the CPU to be so predictable. Go down the wings, turn around again and again and hit a cross into my fullback. They'd never attack down the center of the pitch and won't ever take a man on 1v1. The next 5 games after that 1-0 win were 4-0, 5-0, 4-0, 5-0. Each game the CPU had either 1 shot with 1 shot on goal or 1 shot with no SOG.

I like the gameplay as far as movement with legendary and it doesn't feel cheesy like ultimate, but anyone have any tips to further make harder legendary even more difficult. Crazy that the differences between ultimate and legendary still continues to be some 5-10 goal differences.

Cheers
Old 07-01-2020, 05:29 PM   #2699
MVP

JHedges2's Arena

OVR: 12

I know this isn’t place for this question, but can you edit players boots/gear and it not screw things up?

I know that used to be a thing..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-02-2020, 08:10 PM   #2700
Pro

jrnlgrn's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHedges2
I know this isn’t place for this question, but can you edit players boots/gear and it not screw things up?

I know that used to be a thing..

I want to say that got sorted a few months back. Not positive though.
Old 07-04-2020, 12:55 AM   #2701
Rookie

DoctorActionRio's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorActionRio
Matt, isn't 70 in Shot Error excessively punishing for manual controls (mainly when using Broadcast Camera)?

Maybe we could have a "special permission" to reduce it to 60 or even to the default 50 in this scenario, assuming that we are already "naturally" punished by the broken manual controls this year?

If the answer is positive, any other sliders should be edited to balance this change?

You guys know I defend manual controls at all costs by what I posted recently, including tips. But I must confess sometimes I rage quit the game because AI scores normally while so many times even my best players unbelievably miss some goals just in front of the goalkeeper.

When testing using 50, I'm noticing that the errors become more realistic and it's still difficult to manually score. And unmissable goals are not bizarrely missed anymore, except for realistic scenarios!

Example? Aubameyang is an outstanding scorer and his mood is extremely happy in my team, so his attributes are increased a lot. Even using 50, he missed an easy goal during a counterattack, when shooting using left foot, because I tried so much to aim the ball to the left post, since the goalkeeper blocked all the angle successfully. Using replay, I realized that it was MY MISTAKE because of manual controls.

By the way, depending of the scenario and physics in general, even aiming correctly isn't sufficient to successfully shooting in goal direction. I'm stopping almost every time to check replay to be sure.

What are your thoughts about this?

Edit: Forgot to say that only after using 50 I became able to successfully score from outside the area. In 70 it's actually almost impossible in FIFA 20 (rarely, I scored), even when using right power and aim. I remember that in 19 I was able to score regularly from distance not needing to mess with recommended sliders.

Edit 2: So important. Also need to say that even using Neymar as the practice arena player, it's extremely difficult to score from some distance, since that mode also reproduce the manual controls. It's like the game deliberately makes the ball go in a totally random direction.

Well, three days testing 50 as Shot Error for the user in manual control.

Absolutely loving it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2020, 02:24 AM   #2702
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mswierkosz
Hi guys,

Wondering if anyone has any tips they can provide. Came back to career mode after taken a bit of a break. Still looks to be the same ole issues. Thought I found a slider set for ultimate that gave me that challenging gameplay and realistic stats game in, game out. But soon as I passed pre-season and into the start of the season the same issues as before came up. With ultimate doesn't matter what the acceleration/sprint speed are set to, the CPU is ruthlessly fast and there's no chance you'll ever complete a ball over the top and I was just fed up with sweating through an entire match losing 3-0 or 3-1 off 3 SOG by them and never being able to play off the counter essentially even when they're outnumbered.

Decided to give the harder legendary set a chance and it played well....for 2 games. Following a 1-0 where the CPU played defense well enough I found legendary difficulty for the CPU to be so predictable. Go down the wings, turn around again and again and hit a cross into my fullback. They'd never attack down the center of the pitch and won't ever take a man on 1v1. The next 5 games after that 1-0 win were 4-0, 5-0, 4-0, 5-0. Each game the CPU had either 1 shot with 1 shot on goal or 1 shot with no SOG.

I like the gameplay as far as movement with legendary and it doesn't feel cheesy like ultimate, but anyone have any tips to further make harder legendary even more difficult. Crazy that the differences between ultimate and legendary still continues to be some 5-10 goal differences.

Cheers

Right there with you in regards to being right in the middle of leg and ultimate. I’ve even tried pushing CPU shot error up to 99, but they still bend it in from distance. Perhaps raising CPU run frequency and lowering pass error could do the trick on legendary, but it’s just so frustrating to be so in the middle of both difficulties - one of the main reasons I’ve just now started playing again after a 3 month hiatus of FIFA 20

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 07-07-2020, 04:56 PM   #2703
Pro

jrnlgrn's Arena

Definitely off topic but the last 3 version of the thread hit a similar post count on these days:

Nov. 02, 2016 - FIFA 17
Dec. 02, 2017 - FIFA 18
Dec. 19, 2018 - FIFA 19

FIFA 20 Slider thread has about 50% fewer posts and it's almost time for FIFA 21. Is it a good thing as it means there fewer things that needed adjusting or an indictment of how turned off people were by FIFA 20 in general. Don't know what made me look it up but just thought it was an interesting bit. I'd wager it's more to do with people being turned off by the terrible launch as the entire forum has been pretty dead this year.
Old 07-07-2020, 10:38 PM   #2704
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrnlgrn
Definitely off topic but the last 3 version of the thread hit a similar post count on these days:

Nov. 02, 2016 - FIFA 17
Dec. 02, 2017 - FIFA 18
Dec. 19, 2018 - FIFA 19

FIFA 20 Slider thread has about 50% fewer posts and it's almost time for FIFA 21. Is it a good thing as it means there fewer things that needed adjusting or an indictment of how turned off people were by FIFA 20 in general. Don't know what made me look it up but just thought it was an interesting bit. I'd wager it's more to do with people being turned off by the terrible launch as the entire forum has been pretty dead this year.
I always look at it as a good thing because it compliments the base of the game for one, but also our aggression in getting the set(s) finalized. I think we had a lot of sample size, and a lot of the same findings, which is how we got to where we needed to. Since then, there's been the odd post here and there that is usually resolved with personal preference changes.

Still loving the game, and it's a shame to hear some aren't liking it, but I'm just reminded of how previous FIFA's struggled to get some of the gameplay elements that FIFA 20 has.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »