Home

NHL 13 GM Connected Details Arrive Next Week, What Are You Hoping For?

This is a discussion on NHL 13 GM Connected Details Arrive Next Week, What Are You Hoping For? within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2012, 03:54 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 31
Re: NHL 13 GM Connected Details Arrive Next Week, What Are You Hoping For?

Quote:
Originally Posted by statum71
Man!!!!! I was coming in here to say the exact same thing. And you're the first comment.

I hope for the LIFE of me they don't make this a single team player mode. I'm still ticked that Madden made such an inconsiderate move.

Give me the NHL..........not just my Dallas Stars.
GM Mode in NHL was already like this, you control one team, GM Connected doesn't change that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2012, 06:43 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 2

I don't care about being connected, I just want to run a franchise mode with a few local friends where we each control one team. You know, like what 2k8 had 5 years ago and that EA has refused to implement.
Old 07-19-2012, 06:52 PM   #27
MVP

statum71's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealmK
GM Mode in NHL was already like this, you control one team, GM Connected doesn't change that.

Yes.......BUT!!!!

Will they eliminate all other modes like Madden did? That's the problem. The Madden team didn't consider gamers who don't wanna play a GM style mode with one team. And they took out the basic franchise mode in the process.

Which killed the game for those of us who like to play offline multi-player seasons.

Last edited by statum71; 07-19-2012 at 06:56 PM.
Old 07-19-2012, 11:20 PM   #28
On the 15 day DL-blister

voodoo_magic's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNGold
One thing I wonder is how similar this is going to be to Madden's Connected Careers mode. For the most part I like what I've seen out of that. I just hope NHL isn't removing features like they are.

If NHL can accomplish getting the sense of being in an actual living and breathing league, that will be a huge step forward from where we've been with Be A GM.

It would also be nice if the CPU teams start identifying what they are through the course of a season. For example teams like the Blue Jackets being a rebuilding team, the Pens being a championship contender, etc. If they were to add that and have the CPU AI construct their teams and make moves according to that, it would add so much more depth and replayability to GM mode.
This was in one of the blogs posted around, about 30 details of gm connected. I hope this works like they say.

21. When deciding what moves his team should make for the upcoming season, first the GM Brain determines if his team is a championship-level team, a contender, a hopeful, or in rebuilding mode. This evaluation helps set the types of trades a team is willing to engage. If a team is on the cusp of a championship, it may trade off some prospects to get a veteran who fills a weakness. If a team is in full rebuilding mode, it will be much more likely to trade off players at the tail end of their prime in exchange for prospects or draft picks.

25. GM Brains also have the ability to project their rosters up to five years out. This helps them determine what talent is coming up so it knows when it's smart to either trade a veteran during the deadline to make room for a prospect or let him leave via free agency.
Old 07-20-2012, 12:01 AM   #29
Rookie

onac22's Arena

OVR: 5

I just hope there is separation in skill levels and overall development potential between the types of players. Tgh guys should never really develop above 85 and that's pushing it. If George Parros appears as a 90 and on the first line of one more franchise they haven't fixed a thing.

Grinders Grind because they lack the skill set of a superstar. So how do they end up 90+?

If EA can make more realistic player development this year and more separation between the franchise players and everyone else than maybe they actually fixed the rest as well.
Old 07-20-2012, 12:08 AM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 3
I'm excited, but only if they implemented a way to have custom rosters. I'm not going to wait an entire month for the NHL season to start to play the game. I'm a nerd, i need that accuracy early like in the days before that ps3 update ruined custom rosters for all of us ps3 players.
Old 07-20-2012, 12:38 AM   #31
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by statum71
Yes.......BUT!!!!

Will they eliminate all other modes like Madden did? That's the problem. The Madden team didn't consider gamers who don't wanna play a GM style mode with one team. And they took out the basic franchise mode in the process.

Which killed the game for those of us who like to play offline multi-player seasons.
I would hazard a guess that Play now, BAP, HUT, and single season mode (where you if I remember correctly can control all teams) are still in the game.

I do realize that some people like the whole "Control the whole league" thing. Personally I never understood it but to each their own and all that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2012, 12:41 AM   #32
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoo_magic
This was in one of the blogs posted around, about 30 details of gm connected. I hope this works like they say.

21. When deciding what moves his team should make for the upcoming season, first the GM Brain determines if his team is a championship-level team, a contender, a hopeful, or in rebuilding mode. This evaluation helps set the types of trades a team is willing to engage. If a team is on the cusp of a championship, it may trade off some prospects to get a veteran who fills a weakness. If a team is in full rebuilding mode, it will be much more likely to trade off players at the tail end of their prime in exchange for prospects or draft picks.

25. GM Brains also have the ability to project their rosters up to five years out. This helps them determine what talent is coming up so it knows when it's smart to either trade a veteran during the deadline to make room for a prospect or let him leave via free agency.
21 was supposed to be in the game last year too, and the year before that. Honestly as much as I do kinda champion the NHL sku they have totally dropped the ball on GM mode the last few years in terms of proposed features actually working as advertised.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »