Home

NHL 13 GM Connected Mode Revealed with Video and Blog

This is a discussion on NHL 13 GM Connected Mode Revealed with Video and Blog within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2012, 06:16 PM   #33
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38
Re: NHL 13 GM Connected Mode Revealed with Video and Blog

There is no fantasy draft, but there is the option to have the CPU randomly reassign all the players to new teams to create a balanced league.
Old 07-27-2012, 06:51 AM   #34
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

OVR: 26

Any word on resets. That was one of the more frustrating omissions from NBA 2k12.
Old 07-27-2012, 12:20 PM   #35
EA Game Changer

LuGer33's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by desi08
dude, thanks for the info on connected BAGM. Do they have a timetable for EASHL news? I have a boatload of suggestions but want to see if any are addressed prior to making a whole thread about it.

Maybe I should write a book...or some volumes...tomes?
EASHL will be either next week or early August I believe, as per the "Features Whiteboard" on the NHL 13 website.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JezFranco
This! +1

I have 2-3 friends whom I play offline co-op with regularly.
We usually start a season with a random team, and work us way through the series.
We'd always said that it would be so amazing if we could just pickup our season online, and have a co-op game like mid-week.
All in the mid-30's with wifes and kids and whatnot, it's not all as easy to setup long offline gaming sessions, and all we want is to finish a season.
Well you are in luck because that is the exact point of GM Connected. One of you would be the "official GM," and the others would be OTP / co-op teammates, but I mean, you could all share in the GM decision making. You cannot invite them over and continue your GM Connected co-op offline though, it's strictly online w/ GMC or offline w/ Be a GM (1 human GM in that mode, but you play local co-op in your games I believe).

Quote:
Originally Posted by shogunofharlem3
I agree, that will be fun. But, my buddies and I, also in our 30s, married, kids, etc, really enjoy playing offline franchise but we just can't get together as much as we used to. We like arguing about trades and stuff like that.

I was really hoping that the gang could do 5 vs. cpu in Franchise online. Am I reading we won't be able to?
Yes!!! This is exactly what you can do w/ GMC. One of you creates the league, picks an NHL team, then you invite all your friends to your team and the 5 of you can play as part of one organization vs. 29 AI controlled teams in a full 82 game NHL season. Only one of you can be the GM and "make the moves," so to speak, but everyone could have input / discussion informally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch46647
I actually played around in NHL 12 last night and it does appear you can play OTP from normal view and invite friends. (Unranked only) It looks like you can make the lobby 4-12 people and then invite your friend and make the rest public. My question is, if the other two guys who join in start playing and one backs out during the game... Does this disconnect the entire game?

There also seems to be an option to invite an XBOX Live party. For those who have experience how does this work? Can I just grab my party and go into an online ranked OTP quick search? Do I have to play unranked? And if I am using a party do I have to create my own custom match? (I would prefer to just take me and my friend and do a quick search for a game just like online VS matches)

EDIT: I am not referring to the EAHSL (first person camera). I am just referring to online team play where me and a friend can play co-op using the standard camera view)
I'm sorry I'm not familiar w/ OTP outside of EASHL / Be a Pro. Last time I played it was probably NHL 09. I do know that the game will not disconnect if someone drops, it will continue as long as there are at least two humans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
Can we use custom settings/sliders in GM Connected? If so, is it the same or similar options as offline BAGM, or is it stripped down? Eg, casual/normal/hardcore preset options, but no individual sliders...
Just got word from Andy that there will not be custom sliders, but you can choose the game style and difficulty. So you will be able to play Superstar / Hardcore if you want, Rookie / Casual, and any other combination. This covers a pretty broad spectrum of skills and playstyles IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHLandPESFan
Can anyone answer if you can do offline Be a GM with multiple user controlled teams? And in the online Connected GM mode, can the commish alter game results? For instance, say everyone plays 20 games and you want to get to the playoffs already. But you sim the rest of the season and nobody makes the playoffs. Can the commish ensure all humans make the playoffs? This also is important say if someone drops out of your league and you want to penalize them and have them lose all the rest of their games to make it easier for other people to make the playoffs.
I don't think there is any way for the commissioner to alter or erase the results of games, change the standings, etc. but I could be wrong. They can boot abusive players out, however.

And I am 90% sure Be A GM is still one human only. You would have to play season mode for offline "franchise" w/ multiple human GMs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyDeicide
Am i missing something here guys? cant you just set up a gm connected league and have your team controlled with as many mates as you want and the other 29 teams cpu controlled voila same as offline gm mode no?
Yes, yes you can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiacMatt1782
Any word on resets. That was one of the more frustrating omissions from NBA 2k12.
They didn't really talk about how disconnects and resets / DNFs would work in the mode so I'm not sure.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2012, 12:54 PM   #36
MVP

shogunofharlem3's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuGer33
EASHL will be either next week or early August I believe, as per the "Features Whiteboard" on the NHL 13 website.

Well you are in luck because that is the exact point of GM Connected. One of you would be the "official GM," and the others would be OTP / co-op teammates, but I mean, you could all share in the GM decision making. You cannot invite them over and continue your GM Connected co-op offline though, it's strictly online w/ GMC or offline w/ Be a GM (1 human GM in that mode, but you play local co-op in your games I believe).

Yes!!! This is exactly what you can do w/ GMC. One of you creates the league, picks an NHL team, then you invite all your friends to your team and the 5 of you can play as part of one organization vs. 29 AI controlled teams in a full 82 game NHL season. Only one of you can be the GM and "make the moves," so to speak, but everyone could have input / discussion informally.

I'm sorry I'm not familiar w/ OTP outside of EASHL / Be a Pro. Last time I played it was probably NHL 09. I do know that the game will not disconnect if someone drops, it will continue as long as there are at least two humans.

Just got word from Andy that there will not be custom sliders, but you can choose the game style and difficulty. So you will be able to play Superstar / Hardcore if you want, Rookie / Casual, and any other combination. This covers a pretty broad spectrum of skills and playstyles IMO.

I don't think there is any way for the commissioner to alter or erase the results of games, change the standings, etc. but I could be wrong. They can boot abusive players out, however.

And I am 90% sure Be A GM is still one human only. You would have to play season mode for offline "franchise" w/ multiple human GMs.

Yes, yes you can.

They didn't really talk about how disconnects and resets / DNFs would work in the mode so I'm not sure.
Luger, thanks for you excellent responses. Very informative. Great to hear we'll be able to play 5 vs cpu in a season. That is great. 1 question to add if I may.

I appreciate your time and info. Thanks

1. Does the GM (person who created the season) have to be present to play the games? If I am GM, have 4 other teammates, but am travelling for work, can they play while I am gone?
Old 07-27-2012, 12:56 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Very disappointing, I guess EA is just never going to implement this feature. Back to 2k10 for another year...
Old 07-27-2012, 02:30 PM   #38
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Bummer, but at least we can do that. Maybe I'll try to reach out to Redshirt about the hardcore settings. Thanks for the answer.
Old 07-27-2012, 11:59 PM   #39
Rookie

millernflfan's Arena

OVR: 2

Does anyone know if we can just join a league or do we need friends that play NHL series because none of my friends play the NHL series
Old 07-28-2012, 12:13 AM   #40
MVP

Simple Mathematics's Arena

OVR: 11

No custom sliders, no custom rosters.

I will not be playing this mode.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »