Home

NHL 14 Roster Tools

This is a discussion on NHL 14 Roster Tools within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2013, 06:15 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 14 Roster Tools

DPyro- I had completed and packed a NHL13 roster back together. It failed when the game attempted to load. I have a pretty good understanding of everything at this point. I just need verification on one thing. You stated that the CRC32 goes in 0x10-0x13, by that do you mean offset A-D since there is no true 10-13 listed in Hexadecimal? In the final stage I am guessing that the file I just rebuilt would be placed back in the BruteForce folder where I decrypted it. After that do I just re-encrypt the file and copy back to usb for transfer?

I only ask these questions b/c I did something wrong in one of the last parts when my last attempt failed to be readable by NHL13.

Edit - Attempted a second time in same pattern listed above and went into game (NHL13) and could all the way through loading the roster and then it would say file damaged w/option to retry or cancel

Last edited by Mysteryman5150; 10-01-2013 at 06:30 PM.
Old 10-01-2013, 07:01 PM   #34
Rookie

10-13 for CRC32, 28-2B for BZIP2 CRC.

By the way, I just found out my tool doesn't work with X360. At least not yet. You need to use Horizon to extract the roster file. Go to tools -> package manager -> open roster -> contents. Right click file and extract. Then you can use offzip, packzip and do the hex edits. I'll see if I can add functionality for X360 later.

Those hex edits are in the same place for both.
Old 10-01-2013, 07:37 PM   #35
Rookie

Thank you again DPyro- I think my case is a lost cause, unless you can find my error in here? . My steps are as follows and it still fails:

1)Copy NHL13 file from PS3 to CPU- Then decrypt SYS-DATA with BruteForce
2) HxD and remove offset Ox0-Ox2b (heading)
3) edit file in the EA DB editor then save.
4) Create new SYS-DATA roster file in HxD and copy PS3 Header in for offset 0-2B.

5) Retrieve BZIP2 CRC using Fileviewer++ for roster save from EA DB Editor (No PS3 Heading in this file) and copy Bzip2 CRC into Ox28-Ox2b of the new file just created in HxD
6) Open and copy all data in file from EA DB editor and Paste to New SYS_DATA file starting at Ox2C, just after the heading.
7) Retrieve CRC 32 by selecting ox1c to end of file and run calculation in HxD, then input that set of numbers in Ox10-Ox13
8) Save file as SYS-DATA and replace the extracted one that I used BruteForce on.
9) Thuis file still shows as decrypted so I encrypt the file and copy all data back to USB for transfer to PS3

It seems to work until I load the file and when finished loading it says Data appears to be changed "Retry/Cancel"

Please look this over and tell me if I am missing something. I have been tinkering with it for several days now and think that it may not be possible with what tools I have. Thank you!

Last edited by Mysteryman5150; 10-01-2013 at 08:10 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2013, 08:23 PM   #36
Rookie

Selected section is the header. Red is the CRC32, green is BZIP2 CRC. DB is start of roster database. NHL13 might not even have the BZIP2 CRC.

EDIT: Confirmed. NHL13 doesn't require the BZIP2 CRC. Just make sure it is the same as outlined in the image.

Last edited by DPyro; 10-01-2013 at 08:33 PM.
Old 10-01-2013, 08:25 PM   #37
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceJulien14
I wish I understood anything I just read..... Sounds amazing though!
My hope is that once the guys who really understand everything get it down pat, someone will take pity on the mooks like us that can't make heads or tails of a word of it so far and give us an "idiot's guide" to work with. Though I might need something stronger than "idiot" to understand this.
Old 10-01-2013, 08:56 PM   #38
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPyro

Selected section is the header. Red is the CRC32, green is BZIP2 CRC. DB is start of roster database. NHL13 might not even have the BZIP2 CRC.

EDIT: Confirmed. NHL13 doesn't require the BZIP2 CRC. Just make sure it is the same as outlined in the image.
DPyro- THANK YOU!!! You are a God among us The entire time I was placing the CRC32 in the wrong offset and your picture saved me. It worked and I thank you many times over
Old 10-01-2013, 09:21 PM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 2

7.) Open the updated Roster File in hex editor (HxD), delete bytes 0x00 through 0x2B, and save this file as BZIPData or whatever you desire.
8.) Using a tool called FileVerifier++, run the BZIP2-CRC calculation on the BZIPData file from step 7. The hash calculated should be an eight-digit hexidecimal number.
9.) Open the Roster File in hex editor and enter the BZIP2-CRC into bytes 0x28 through 0x2B. Do not update any other bytes in the file.
10.) Using a similar process to steps 7 through 9, run a CRC32 calculation on bytes 0x1C through to the end of the Roster File. The hash calculated should again be a (different!) eight-digit hexidecimal number.
11.) Enter the CRC32 into bytes 0x10 through 0x13 of the Roster File and save.

Where is this calculated hash? I highlighted and deleted 0x00 to 0x2b, but where am I finding the bytes to replace the ones i am deleting. Eight digit hexidecimal number, where does this number shown after I run the BZIP2 crc? Everything highlighted in red is a little vague, maybe it's just the way it's written.
Old 10-01-2013, 10:48 PM   #40
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP 17
7.) Open the updated Roster File in hex editor (HxD), delete bytes 0x00 through 0x2B, and save this file as BZIPData or whatever you desire.
8.) Using a tool called FileVerifier++, run the BZIP2-CRC calculation on the BZIPData file from step 7. The hash calculated should be an eight-digit hexidecimal number.
9.) Open the Roster File in hex editor and enter the BZIP2-CRC into bytes 0x28 through 0x2B. Do not update any other bytes in the file.
10.) Using a similar process to steps 7 through 9, run a CRC32 calculation on bytes 0x1C through to the end of the Roster File. The hash calculated should again be a (different!) eight-digit hexidecimal number.
11.) Enter the CRC32 into bytes 0x10 through 0x13 of the Roster File and save.

Where is this calculated hash? I highlighted and deleted 0x00 to 0x2b, but where am I finding the bytes to replace the ones i am deleting. Eight digit hexidecimal number, where does this number shown after I run the BZIP2 crc? Everything highlighted in red is a little vague, maybe it's just the way it's written.
1.) In HxD, select and delete 0x00 to 0x2B as you said and then save the edited file as something different from your original "Roster File". In my original instructions, I named the file "BZIPData". This new file is what you will run through FileVerifier++, rather than the "Roster File" itself.

2.) Open FileVerifier++ and do the following:
2a.) Go to the Algorithms menu and select BZIP2-CRC.
2b.) Go to the Operations menu and click on Process Files... Select this new "BZIPData" file just saved in HxD and click Open.
2c.) FileVerifier++ will create an entry on its main window and calculate the BZIP2-CRC, which is generally known as a "hash" or a "checksum" (these words don't mean the same exact thing, but in this context they're one and the same). Under the Path column in the table will be the path and filename of the "BZIPData" file you just opened. Under the Hash column in the table will be the BZIP2-CRC hash that corresponds to this file (for example, BB5C9CB9).

3.) Go back to HxD and open your original "Roster File" (not the "BZIPData" file, which you'll no longer need) and type the BZIP2-CRC hash into bytes 0x28 through 0x2B.

4.) Now that you've typed in the BZIP2-CRC hash, do the following inside HxD:
4a.) Highlight every byte in the open "Roster File" from byte 0x1C all the way to the end of the file.
4b.) Go to the Analysis menu and click on the Checksums... option. Select CRC-32 from the list and click OK. HxD will open a Checksums tab at the bottom of its main window that shows the eight-digit CRC-32 hash under the Checksum column (for example, C08B0774).
4c.) Type this CRC-32 hash into bytes 0x10 through 0x13 of the open "Roster File"

5.) Save the "Roster File". You should now be all set as far as the BZIP2-CRC and CRC-32 hashes go.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »