Home

Twitch stream?

This is a discussion on Twitch stream? within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2014, 11:34 AM   #33
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Twitch stream?

Exactly. If it's 30 bucks on black friday, I will probably grab it. Not paying 60 for half a game.
Old 08-21-2014, 12:15 PM   #34
Rookie

Gotmilkman24's Arena

OVR: 0

Honestly.. it isn't going to be as bad as you guys think it's going to be. Otp is coming so at least that's there..
Old 08-21-2014, 12:43 PM   #35
MVP

actionhank's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmilkman24
Honestly.. it isn't going to be as bad as you guys think it's going to be. Otp is coming so at least that's there..
But you can't say that for sure. I've always been one of the biggest defenders of EA, but it's getting harder and harder each year. I understand that they are a business and need to make money, but they've been focusing so much recently on a lowest-common-denominator game that it's going to end up driving away everyone.
Hardcore gamers like myself end up being frustrated year after year because while the focus is on things like big hits, new fighting modes, and online play where people can buy some packs of players to enhance their teams, those of us who stick to offline and shoot for accurate rosters and gameplay seem to get less and less attention each year. Roster sharing and player creation are so dated. Games on the PS2 had the availability of being able to actually craft your player model with even basic 3D editors, but the best you get in NHL14 is the ability to scale height, and pick from some generic faces that almost all look awful. It's not a game-killer, but some joy and immersion is lost when you're stuck representing yourself in game with a stretched out 3D model of a player who may or may not share your body type, and a head that if you're lucky looks vaguely similar.
Games like The Show have long given players the ability to not only use an in-depth player creator that gives you details all the way down to how close together the players eyes are, and how deeply set they are in his head, compared to NHL's generic player heads, but then to take your players, add them to rosters and specify the position (and secondary positions) they play, as well as edit ratings (Which you can even do during your franchise mode, which is great when you want to accurately upgrade or downgrade your players without starting over), take these newly created rosters, and share them. There's no need for players to work around the current system and try and trick the system into getting improved rosters (Having previously been an XBox players, i do not miss trying to get new rosters on the Xbox at all.)
I understand that EA is hard pressed to keep things fresh, and that they will never please everyone at once, but offline players i feel have long taken the brunt of being passed over while other game modes get new features and stuff added. Just getting to Be A GM mode became tedious when it dropped from the front page and got stuck in a handful of sub-menus.
I don't even expect EA to be on top of the rosters, or ratings, or getting a hardcore simulation gameplay style, all i expect from EA is the abilityfor those of us that want that to be able to make it happen, and without so much hassle. I don't expect them to stay on top of every AHL-affiliate's ratings, or his hair color, or even the handedness of his stick. That's a ton of info when you look at it all. But i don't think it's crazy to expect EA to be able to give us a better player creation system, more room to improve and modify their rosters, and the ability to then share those improved rosters with an easy-to-use system like in The Show where someone says "Hey guys, i made these realistic sliders, and to go with them, I've got some revamped rosters that i will update as the season goes on. Find them under X name on the Roster Share Server". That would be a great start of a change. (So long as those sliders actually work. The sliders are pretty brutal sometimes in terms of seeing a real affect.)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2014, 01:24 PM   #36
Pro

PensDynasty87's Arena

A'men brother!!!! I totally agree with every point you made esp the roster share. It would be so much easier n better if roster sharing was implemented into the nhl series, not to mention so much better for the revamped team n their rosters.
Old 08-21-2014, 01:53 PM   #37
MVP

canucksss's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by HARTSTOPPER
The lack of answers, gameplay, game modes should cause everyone to keep their money in their pockets. If we want to make a statement, we need to hit them where it hurts.
Yes...and I hope whoever is at fault on this crappy effort will be replaced. If EA will not produce NHL 16 because of a poor sales of 15, then I am very sure another company will do it.
Old 08-21-2014, 01:56 PM   #38
MVP

canucksss's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by PensDynasty87
A'men brother!!!! I totally agree with every point you made esp the roster share. It would be so much easier n better if roster sharing was implemented into the nhl series, not to mention so much better for the revamped team n their rosters.
DOn't forget that he also mentioned sliders that works Instead of ranging it from 1-10, make it 1-100 that works ok....so we can really see the difference
Old 08-21-2014, 02:34 PM   #39
Pro

PensDynasty87's Arena

True, good point. I forget about that. Sliders that actually work would be great too n I agree they should have a system from 1-100. Like the penalty slider now it's 1-4 n even with it maxed n other penalty sliders maxed you barely get any calls. U do when u truly work for them like pocessing the puck in your zone for a good amount of time by working it around but even then they still are not called enough
Old 08-21-2014, 07:44 PM   #40
Rookie

I love this place but I'm not arrogant enough to think that this game won't sell as well as it always does because a few modes are left out. We are the 1% super hardcore's and this game will get a s ton of hype because it looks pretty and it's the only hockey game out there. Again I agree with most of what's said but we don't make a difference in what matters most to EA $$$$$$$$$

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »