Home

AlTito's NHL 18 Sliders

This is a discussion on AlTito's NHL 18 Sliders within the EA Sports NHL Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-16-2017, 08:47 AM   #9
MVP

Al_Tito13's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: AlTito's NHL 18 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by knich
Have you been able to get realistic stats on 20 min periods?
I don't play 20 minutes periods because it's way too long for me. My sliders are made mostly for 8 minutes periods, if you want to get better stats. However, the reason I say they can be played on 5 to 8 minutes is because we don't always have time to play longer periods. The most important thing for me is the gameplay on the ice and it's where I put my effort. Sometimes I don't have much time to play, so I play a game with 5 or 6 minutes periods and it's still pretty fun. The stats aren't perfect but at least I'm able to play 1 or 2 games instead of not playing at all. When I have 1 or 2 hours in front of me, then I will play 8 minutes periods and have a blast. Longer than that is simply not for me though.
Old 09-16-2017, 08:58 AM   #10
MVP

Al_Tito13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
Al, I'm curious if you've tried these sliders with the "gameplay update" available for download on the main menu?

I've done some experimenting, and I feel the update absolutely screws up the new ai, and ai in general. With the default gameplay turner (v 1.00) these sliders are absolutely money.
I'm not sure if I played games before getting the tuner update few days ago on EA Access, maybe 1 or 2, not more than that. AI decisions and positioning is unfortunately something sliders can't improve much. I think that AI is better sometimes compared to past years, but at other times, they seem a bit clueless about what to do out there.

One of the worst things for me about this series has always been the tuners. The first 1, 2 or even 3 tuners overwrite the 1.00. It's the same thing year after year, even if people have complained about it. They have the ability to create new tuner versions, so we could choose the one we want, but they simply don't use it, I don't know why. A lot of people like the feel of the game out of the box better offline, but because they keep overwriting on tuner 1.00, we can't go back to it, if we want to be able to play online too.

Last edited by Al_Tito13; 09-16-2017 at 09:26 AM.
Old 09-16-2017, 12:09 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_Tito13
I'm not sure if I played games before getting the tuner update few days ago on EA Access, maybe 1 or 2, not more than that. AI decisions and positioning is unfortunately something sliders can't improve much. I think that AI is better sometimes compared to past years, but at other times, they seem a bit clueless about what to do out there.

One of the worst things for me about this series has always been the tuners. The first 1, 2 or even 3 tuners overwrite the 1.00. It's the same thing year after year, even if people have complained about it. They have the ability to create new tuner versions, so we could choose the one we want, but they simply don't use it, I don't know why. A lot of people like the feel of the game out of the box better offline, but because they keep overwriting on tuner 1.00, we can't go back to it, if we want to be able to play online too.
They did give us the ability to keep the original tuner this year and still download the latest tuner to use online only. That is what I did. But it still baffles me why they just overwrite the previous and not use an incremental v1, v1.01, v1.02 etc until the large patch comes out. Really odd to say the least.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2017, 12:50 PM   #12
MVP

Al_Tito13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by drog1602
They did give us the ability to keep the original tuner this year and still download the latest tuner to use online only. That is what I did. But it still baffles me why they just overwrite the previous and not use an incremental v1, v1.01, v1.02 etc until the large patch comes out. Really odd to say the least.
Tuner 1.00 and latest are the same tuner offline. The update just overwrote on tuner 1.00, even if a pop-up gave us a choice when installing it, like it did every time last year too. If it was not the case, we would also have tuner 1.01 in the versions list. I understand what you are refering to, but I don't believe it does what you think or then it's me that is off on that one lol.

To me, that choice was only to change the option in the general sliders menu, I think it just does the same thing as if you go change it manually by yourself directly in the menu where you select the version to use. It asked if you want to keep the one you are using or the latest. But if you are using tuner 1.00 and it's overwrote, then both choice will be the same tuner. I hope that was clear, but it's a little bit hard to explain lol.

Last edited by Al_Tito13; 09-16-2017 at 01:33 PM.
Old 09-16-2017, 02:51 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 0

Could you explain why agility and acceleration are set on 40s? Wouldn't that make the skating feel even more like you're stuck in mud?
Old 09-16-2017, 04:02 PM   #14
MVP

Al_Tito13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeravaineSaros
Could you explain why agility and acceleration are set on 40s? Wouldn't that make the skating feel even more like you're stuck in mud?
Players with the puck have less speed and agility compared to players without the puck. Personally, I don't have the stuck in mud feeling you're talking about. That being said, you may play with these values higher if you wish.
Old 09-16-2017, 08:05 PM   #15
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_Tito13
Players with the puck have less speed and agility compared to players without the puck. Personally, I don't have the stuck in mud feeling you're talking about. That being said, you may play with these values higher if you wish.
I think they're good, and they also prevent the cpu on susperstar from spinning and dodging out of being totally boxed in.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2017, 02:15 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 3

not able to try yet

are these full sim style play? I have it at full sim but if these make it more realistic, im all for it with the loose pucks and stats.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders »