Home

Jai's PRO PLUS SLIDERS (A Bridge Between Pro & All-Star)

This is a discussion on Jai's PRO PLUS SLIDERS (A Bridge Between Pro & All-Star) within the EA Sports NHL Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-27-2017, 12:18 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Jai's PRO PLUS SLIDERS (A Bridge Between Pro & All-Star)

Its not good at all. All players are making jerky movements at times, and also freezing after faceoffs. Im done with this game for tonight.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2017, 03:09 PM   #26
Rookie

jaibubwan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by nascarman99
Its not good at all. All players are making jerky movements at times, and also freezing after faceoffs. Im done with this game for tonight.
I just want to make this clear, since a newcomer will think you're rendering judgement on my sliders...you said before that you've tried multiple sliders and faced these problems.

If you ever find the time, I would highly recommend uploading a recording of what you're seeing. What you're describing is not normal or typical.

For most people, the most common "slider" problem is the intelligence of the AI (too smart, too dumb). You're the first who's complained about erratic motion & freezing.

If you share a video of your experience, we can determine if this is a slider-related issue...or perhaps a bug EA needs to fix.
Old 11-28-2017, 10:58 AM   #27
Rookie

Re: Jai's PRO PLUS Sliders - Version 3.0

Like the update. My games keep getting better and better. You da man.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 12-01-2017, 04:26 AM   #28
Pro

SeattleBattleCat's Arena

Been watching this for about a week and implemented some of your sliders into my own. Must say I like what it's done for the game.

Using my own Pro sliders, I started with 6/6 CPU difficulty until that October roster update which seemed to send everything kooky and insane. I toned it down to 3/6 initially but it was too easy, now I have it on 4/6 and it seems to balance a lot better.

Love the penalty sliders, copied all of them over and the games are much better with the Ai finally taking the similar/same amount as me.

Also lowering the pass assist down to 20/100 really does work! The puck just seems to go to the right guy a lot more often.

Lastly, I like to have injury occurrence a bit higher about 62/100 coz I like having to juggle my rosters with injury issues etc, however with aggression turned right up I seem to get a LOT of injuries (so I turned aggression down to 60/100). Do you experience a decent amount of injuries throughout a season with Injury occurrence @ 50/100 and Agression @ 100/100?
(Which is what I like)

Anyway thanks Jai, great work!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 12-01-2017, 04:05 PM   #29
Rookie

jaibubwan's Arena

First of all, thanks for commenting! Big developments coming soon, which will blow these current sliders out of the water...so stay tuned! But right now, let me respond to your observations...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleBattleCat
Using my own Pro sliders, I started with 6/6 CPU difficulty until that October roster update which seemed to send everything kooky and insane. I toned it down to 3/6 initially but it was too easy, now I have it on 4/6 and it seems to balance a lot better.
In general, it's best to make changes after playing a sample size of 3 games (mix of home & away).

One point I don't stress enough in my original post...each game has a unique 'story'. Especially in 'Franchise Mode'. There are many "under the hood" factors that affect the characteristics of a game, like:
- Home vs. Road
- Winning & Losing streaks
- Goalie having off-nights or incredible brick-wall nights.
- In-game, temporary, difficulty adjustments the AI makes (ie. tough early periods, easier 3rd period, etc.)

The danger of making changes after one game, especially to make it "easier", is that most games with "average difficulty" will become blowouts in your favor.

Quote:
Love the penalty sliders, copied all of them over and the games are much better with the Ai finally taking the similar/same amount as me.
In the next slider release (4.0), we won't have to lopside the penalty sliders by 20 points. It will either be even...or at most, a 10 point spread. Depends on what the current round of tests show.

This achieved by modifying other sliders, which apparently have a great effect on penalties in the game. Very excited, and I hope we can achieve "even" parity...because I personally do not like "ice tilt" of any kind in the human's favor.

Quote:
Also lowering the pass assist down to 20/100 really does work! The puck just seems to go to the right guy a lot more often.
Glad to hear this. I notice the same thing as well, in my own play. Though you're right that it's "more often"...because, IMO, it'll never be perfect. It's the nature of joystick play & computer interpretation of our thumb's pressures/directions.

Quote:
Lastly, I like to have injury occurrence a bit higher about 62/100 coz I like having to juggle my rosters with injury issues etc, however with aggression turned right up I seem to get a LOT of injuries (so I turned aggression down to 60/100). Do you experience a decent amount of injuries throughout a season with Injury occurrence @ 50/100 and Agression @ 100/100?
(Which is what I like)
In the newer unreleased set I'm testing...there seems to be 1 injury for every 2 or 3 games played. Remember, we're talking in-game injuries (not simulated). And they vary from playable to unplayable. And this is with Aggression set to 100/100 & Injuries set to 50/100.

So in the next release, you hopefully will not have to adjust the aggression slider...because doing so also affects other aspects of the game (ie. AI opposition competence).

Last edited by jaibubwan; 12-01-2017 at 04:28 PM.
Old 12-01-2017, 06:59 PM   #30
Rookie

BigBadAss33's Arena

Great sry of sliders Jai. Thanks for your hard work.

I have a couple of questions

1. Do you notice any gameplay changed with different camera angles? Meaning I noticed that the game is much faster on broadcast than using Action. Those are the two cameras I use most.

2. Does position lock make these play different? I am a position lock player either LW or D.

Thanks
Old 12-01-2017, 07:43 PM   #31
Pro

SeattleBattleCat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaibubwan
In general, it's best to make changes after playing a sample size of 3 games (mix of home & away).
Couldn't agree more
Quote:
One point I don't stress enough in my original post...each game has a unique 'story'. Especially in 'Franchise Mode'. There are many "under the hood" factors that affect the characteristics of a game, like:
- Home vs. Road
- Winning & Losing streaks
- Goalie having off-nights or incredible brick-wall nights.
- In-game, temporary, difficulty adjustments the AI makes (ie. tough early periods, easier 3rd period, etc.)

The danger of making changes after one game, especially to make it "easier", is that most games with "average difficulty" will become blowouts in your favor.
Yep Agreed

Quote:
Very excited, and I hope we can achieve "even" parity...because I personally do not like "ice tilt" of any kind in the human's favour.
Exactly my feeling on this. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

Quote:
Glad to hear this. I notice the same thing as well, in my own play. Though you're right that it's "more often"...because, IMO, it'll never be perfect. It's the nature of joystick play & computer interpretation of our thumb's pressures/directions.
The best part is mostly it feels like it is up to me whether the pass is successful or not. This had been annoying me for a while til now.

Quote:
In the newer unreleased set I'm testing...there seems to be 1 injury for every 2 or 3 games played. Remember, we're talking in-game injuries (not simulated). And they vary from playable to unplayable. And this is with Aggression set to 100/100 & Injuries set to 50/100.
Great! that sounds about where I like to be. Hockey is a very hard sport on the body and I hate seeing most of a roster playing all 82 games, just takes away from the realism for me.

Quote:
So in the next release, you hopefully will not have to adjust the aggression slider...because doing so also affects other aspects of the game (ie. AI opposition competence).

Looking forward to you releasing it, I will definitely be trying it out and will give you feedback bud.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2017, 02:53 AM   #32
Rookie

jaibubwan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBadAss33
1. Do you notice any gameplay changed with different camera angles? Meaning I noticed that the game is much faster on broadcast than using Action. Those are the two cameras I use most.
This is a great observation, and something that coincidentally crossed my mind these last couple of weeks.

I actually changed the view myself, from "Dynamic Medium"...to...I don't have it off the top of my head. I'd like to think "Classic" or something. It's basically the least zoomed out of the overhead cameras, that show you both the slot & point.

And I had the same sort of feeling you described. Everything seemed much faster. Almost like Pinball.

But that can't be, because why would they program specific speeds to different views? It's not logical. So in my case, I realize what it actually was. It was about my eyes.

I got used to a zoomed in camera. This got me used to a more narrow focus. I was only concerned with my players immediate zone of concern. Maybe I'm focused on one guy & what's around his periphery.

When I zoomed out to a more full view of the action, my perspective expanded. Unfortunately, this means you immediately feel concern for ALL areas of the ice. Your eyes dart rapidly trying to understand your opponents formations & following the puck's every movement. And that's why you may think it's "faster" is because your eyes are getting more of an exercise than if you were zoomed in.

Quote:
2. Does position lock make these play different? I am a position lock player either LW or D.
This actually ties into your previous observation. One major complaint from many gamers is that the AI team-mates are somewhat incompetent...defensively. They don't challenge or cover properly.

What that means is, if you used a more zoomed in camera, or position-lock, you're not able to correct your AI team-mates incompetence. Which could lead to more goals against than usual.

I've had this nagging feeling for many years now, that if I don't select a player near where the puck is in play...the opposition AI will almost be guaranteed to score. I feel like it's happened countless times where I'm playing perfect positionally...but because my assignment isn't near the puck, the opposition AI overwhelms my dimwit team-mates & scores easy.

This is a major reason I would never consider position lock myself.

Quote:
Great sry of sliders Jai. Thanks for your hard work.
Thanks Scott Steiner!

Last edited by jaibubwan; 12-02-2017 at 05:46 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders »