Home

Jai's PRO PLUS SLIDERS (A Bridge Between Pro & All-Star)

This is a discussion on Jai's PRO PLUS SLIDERS (A Bridge Between Pro & All-Star) within the EA Sports NHL Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-24-2017, 01:15 PM   #41
Pro

Tsuki's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Jai's PRO PLUS SLIDERS (A Bridge Between Pro & All-Star)

Happy holidays as well jai!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-28-2017, 08:19 PM   #42
Rookie

Reckless559's Arena

OVR: 0

Just wond Jai how are the Sliders looking cant wait to try these
Old 12-28-2017, 09:02 PM   #43
Rookie

jaibubwan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckless559
Just wond Jai how are the Sliders looking cant wait to try these
I was previously testing in my Franchise Mode regular season. This environment gives you wild swings in context (some easy, some hard, etc.).

Today was the first time I could test in the playoffs, which is a consistently more difficult & challenging environment. The key word is "consistent". You can see how your sliders play out, without being confused by the regular season "swings" in game context.

The new sliders look stable & consistent. No weird bugs. Achieved the goal of "realistic" hockey speed & spacing.

I'm interested to see how you guys interpret this new configuration. It's not the "swarming" style of AI the previous sliders offered. So there'll be an open question whether you feel the "challenge" is same, weaker, stronger, etc.

Tomorrow evening I'll be releasing the first offering. This time, I'll definitely need feedback. That's why I'm actually glad you guys have been a teeny bit impatient. Means you'll be trying them right away, and giving your reactions quickly.
Old 12-28-2017, 09:44 PM   #44
Rookie

Reckless559's Arena

Of course man cant wait to try these
Old 12-29-2017, 10:42 AM   #45
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: Jai's PRO PLUS Sliders - Version 3.0

I’ve been playing for the last few years on all star (home games) and Superstar (away games) to get a challenge etc and a nice variety in my franchise games.

The one thing that no matter what changes we make to Sliders is the “feel” of the game changing when going up and down skill levels.

I love the feel to the all star side of things, but after playing some offline Threes Circuit and using Pro level to beat some challenges etc the skating feels perfect.

The problem I always have though is no matter what winning all the games on Pro and not getting much of a challenge from the CPU.

I played a few offline games on Pro with my Sliders and only thing adjusted was the CPU strat Adjustment From 3 to 6 and AI learning from 3 to 6. Below is the result of my latest home game.

Pretty fun game here honestly. I LOVE that the game don’t feel so rushed and you can read and react in situations and not have the CPU suction to you every time. I don’t see it a ton on all star, the suction, but feeling rushed is and more so on Superstar.

If I could figure out a way to get the CPU to score on Pro on me I could then settle in with Pro for home games and All Star for road games. Then love the feel of both levels. Maybe just raise the CPU shot acc from 45 to 55? Hmm.

With that said I’m at the current date of the Pens actual schedule and the above was just my 2nd shutout of the season and 1st by Murray. Jarry had the other, on the road, and on Superstar. Lol. Go figure!

Anyway keep up the good fight on Pro here and reading this thread along with playing Three’s last few days got me curious to try it out a few games again and finally playing one in my franchise.

Good stuff.

(edit: I played balls to the wall in the game above as well, I didn't hold back, and it was solid.)

Happy New Year Guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC

Last edited by Fiddy; 12-29-2017 at 10:47 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2017, 08:19 PM   #46
Rookie

jaibubwan's Arena

To all,

I have updated the 1st post of this topic with the latest PRO PLUS slider values.

I am a little strapped for time tonight. So some minor formatting oversights:
- I was not able to write a specific summary to describe these sliders. But my last two posts (above this one) discuss the theory & characteristics of these sliders.
- I was not able to specify the differences between these and past slider values. So I would recommend entering the new values one at a time.
- I was not able to include specific slider value notes. You may notice a third column in the new slider images. At a later time, I will enter individualized & detailed slider notes in this third column.

I consider these sliders a new "base" for the post 1.05 update environment. You should have a consistent & stable playing environment. But of course, I am continuing my experiments & refinements. So expect further updates in a few weeks.

I would ask that you early-birds play these sliders for 3 games (preferably including both home & away games). Then post here if you have any observations about the difficulty of gameplay & your level of satisfaction with the new PRO PLUS environment.

Last edited by jaibubwan; 12-29-2017 at 08:26 PM.
Old 12-29-2017, 11:54 PM   #47
Rookie

Icon6 Re: Jai's PRO PLUS SLIDERS (A Bridge Between Pro & All-Star)

After messing with several other sliders (all seemed flawed in some way) these are the only ones that make the game seem playable. Still using them after the updates, honestly haven't had huge issues.
My big concerns are with
1. the other team losing the puck on breakaways
2. The ridiculous bumping into the boards and briefly losing the puck whenever retrieving dumped pucks as a d man
3. The toe drag move never working (tried coasting, still cough it up like a beer league chump)
Any ideas on these? Waiting for the new sliders JAI dog!
Old 12-30-2017, 01:04 AM   #48
Rookie

jaibubwan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilgenb4
My big concerns are with...
Just to be clear, a new set of PRO PLUS slider values were released tonight. I strongly recommend you review your slider settings one-by-one. The problems you describe were symptoms of the recent 1.05 update screwing with *older* PRO PLUS slider values.

The new PRO PLUS sliders could not possibly be the reason for the glitches you describe. I know this, because:
1) The problems you describe are rooted in "Full Sim" default values. Meaning, if you don't see these problems using the "Full Sim" default sliders...you shouldn't see them with the new PRO PLUS.

2) I thoroughly tested these sliders before releasing them tonight. I saw none of what you described.

Let's be more specific...

Quote:
1. the other team losing the puck on breakaways
This phenomenon would be most affected by the "Skating Impact" & "Puck Control" sliders. In the new PRO PLUS, both these sliders use the "Full Sim" default values of: 50 for "Skating Impact" & 20 for "Puck Control".

Again, if you don't see this problem on "Full Sim"...you should not see it on PRO PLUS.

Quote:
2. The ridiculous bumping into the boards and briefly losing the puck whenever retrieving dumped pucks as a d man
This phenomenon would be most affected by the "Board Effect Puck Carrier" slider. In the new PRO PLUS, we use the "Full Sim" default value of: 50.

Again, if you don't see this problem on "Full Sim"...you should not see it on PRO PLUS.

Quote:
3. The toe drag move never working (tried coasting, still cough it up like a beer league chump)
This phenomenon would be most affected by the "Deking Impact", "Skating Impact", & "Puck Control" sliders. In the new PRO PLUS, we use the "Full Sim" default values for each of these sliders.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders »