Home

AlTito's NHL 19 Sliders

This is a discussion on AlTito's NHL 19 Sliders within the EA Sports NHL Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2018, 04:47 PM   #25
MVP

Al_Tito13's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: AlTito's NHL 19 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inter1
I can't shoot going ''down'' for the life of me, so If I always play up, does that matter much because you had a star beside that setting? Again, great job on the sliders set. You have a new follower
Thanks! There is no problem at all if you play always up. Personally, I like the alternate view, because it gives a little advantage to be home compared to away, since you shoot down two times when you're on the road. And almost everybody likes scoring up better lol. The star only means that I changed the setting from default, but it isn't a must at all, it's user preference here.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2018, 04:57 PM   #26
MVP

Al_Tito13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoo_magic
Are there a couple reversed sliders by EA?
Checking size effect and speed effect. You have them below 50.
In game the description is something like the higher the number the more the size/speed has an impact on the result so wouldn't we want it high so that the small guys don't run over the big guys unrealistically?
One important thing you have to take into consideration when altering sliders are default values. The default value for Size Effect is 25 and Speed Effect is 33. I actually increased both sliders. For example, I increased Size Effect to 40, meaning an increase by 15 clicks which is quite a lot. If you put both sliders at 100 for example, it will alter gameplay way too much and hits would become over the top. It would take less speed to give big hits and bigger players would be like trains out there. You would have to re-do completely the checking section, trying to find a balance. And to be honest, I kind of like the balance I have right now. Size and speed matter in term of hits, without it being over the top either.
Old 09-15-2018, 05:11 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 0

Hey Al, I love your sliders, they're a blast. I was wondering if you think they would work well using coach mode (CPU VS CPU)? They make the game so realistic, and I love what you're doing!
Old 09-15-2018, 05:27 PM   #28
MVP

Al_Tito13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by seb2314
Hey Al, I love your sliders, they're a blast. I was wondering if you think they would work well using coach mode (CPU VS CPU)? They make the game so realistic, and I love what you're doing!
Hard to say without a doubt since I didn't try it, but I don't see why they wouldn't work in coach mode too.
Old 09-15-2018, 08:28 PM   #29
Pro

WeAreAllKings's Arena

Image1537057429.494358.jpgThis is the first game in my Kings franchise. A preseason tilt against Vegas. Went up 2-0 in the 1st period and made it 3-0 on a PPG early in the 2nd. Vegas would score on the PP to cut into the lead 3-1, but that would be as close as they got. Playing in franchise mode seems to be better than in play now mode too. I think the new skating engine will take some time to get use to because of the way the players move. During this game, I think I may like how much faster the game is this year. It really makes you think quick just as in a real NHL game. Take too much time and someone’s on top of you. I noticed that on the PP especially. Overall a fun game.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-15-2018, 08:30 PM   #30
Pro

WeAreAllKings's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeAreAllKings
Attachment 155427This is the first game in my Kings franchise. A preseason tilt against Vegas. Went up 2-0 in the 1st period and made it 3-0 on a PPG early in the 2nd. Vegas would score on the PP to cut into the lead 3-1, but that would be as close as they got. Playing in franchise mode seems to be better than in play now mode too. I think the new skating engine will take some time to get use to because of the way the players move. During this game, I think I may like how much faster the game is this year. It really makes you think quick just as in a real NHL game. Take too much time and someone’s on top of you. I noticed that on the PP especially. Overall a fun game.

As you can see I was also outhit by Vegas,21-14 which was a good stat that I was looking for. Looking forward to seeing what the next game brings. I’ll post that game later tonight. Really enjoying the game this year and the sliders are great too.

Old 09-17-2018, 09:14 AM   #31
MVP

Al_Tito13's Arena

I've pretty much settled the majority of my sliders set right now. With the lower fatigue recovery, I like where the pace is and the overall feeling of the game. There will still be minor updates here and there, but nothing major should be coming.

Oh, and I wanted to ask you guys something... Since my game is in French and sometimes, the translation isn't perfect, does somebody with the English version of the game could please give my the exact description of the following two sliders:
- Stumble Threshold
- Fall And Stumble Fall Ease

I still have a hard time to find the exact difference in gameplay between both these sliders, especially since the fall and stumble fall ease is a new one, I still have testing to do. Having the full description may help, so thank you in advance!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2018, 01:44 PM   #32
D*lph*ns m*k* m* cry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_Tito13
I've pretty much settled the majority of my sliders set right now. With the lower fatigue recovery, I like where the pace is and the overall feeling of the game. There will still be minor updates here and there, but nothing major should be coming.

Oh, and I wanted to ask you guys something... Since my game is in French and sometimes, the translation isn't perfect, does somebody with the English version of the game could please give my the exact description of the following two sliders:
- Stumble Threshold
- Fall And Stumble Fall Ease

I still have a hard time to find the exact difference in gameplay between both these sliders, especially since the fall and stumble fall ease is a new one, I still have testing to do. Having the full description may help, so thank you in advance!
Stumble threshold- the amount a player will stumble. Fall and stumble-adjusts the amount a player will fall and stumble. Increasing the slider result in more falls and stumble falls

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders »