Home

NHL Devs Hyping Something For Today?

This is a discussion on NHL Devs Hyping Something For Today? within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-21-2014, 08:07 AM   #41
Rookie

m_maclean24's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NHL Devs Hyping Something For Today?

Should we be expecting some other announcement today or is this it? I follow @TheClapperton on twitter, and he seemed to be hinting at an announcement of some sort today at 1PM PT/4PM ET.

"1pm PST/4pm EST #YourTimeHasCome"

https://twitter.com/TheClapperton/st...75880093560833
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2014, 08:45 AM   #42
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

OVR: 26

I miss hockey. Absolutely shocked at the absolute disconnect that the NHL team has with it's core consumer base. I am not a big OTP fan, but this half assed attempt to get it back in the game does nothing for the fans of that mode. they want to team up with their friends, and play other teams. Just like my group wanted GM connected to be enhanced on next gen just to find out it was removed completely, and hinted that it won't return next year. Maybe the #firerammer hashtags on twitter are a tad overboard because in this economy you don't want to see anyone lose their jobs, but he needs to do a better job at this point, but it's not just him. His superiors need to actually give him the resources to work with. They released half the game they did the prior year at the same price, and seem shocked at the negative backlash. If they released this at 30 or 40 dollars due to not being able to finish the game, I think there might still have been some backlash, but not nearly as much.
Old 10-21-2014, 09:05 AM   #43
Rookie

Itīs hard to know if Rammer is the one to blame because we donīt know anything about how it actually works. Maybe he has got **** programmers just saying "it cant be done" all the time and so on.

NHL is ****, itīs as simple as that, we can all agree on THAT. EA is ****, same thing there but whoes fault it actually is within the NHL-team we are clueless about.
Old 10-21-2014, 12:54 PM   #44
MVP

actionhank's Arena

OVR: 4

I'm trying to be less harsh on the game, and more constructive...but this type of stuff is what has driven me nuts more and more about the NHL team for the past few seasons.

It's like EA is in some protective bubble keeping them shielded from the truth about how people feel about their game.
I've been frustrated for a long time, but NHL15 was the breaking point. I've purchased the game since 08, first day every time. Then, last season i waited, because the demo didn't feel that new to me...but the craving for hockey got the best of me. But this season, i couldn't even pretend to consider it at full price, for what on Last-Gen was a glorified Roster Update, and on Next-Gen was an absolute mess with what made the cross and what got cut.
EA has shifted it's focus more and more each year from the overall game to raking in cash from HUT. Even their Facebook posts seem to be about 1/2 HUT vs everything else. It was frustrating to see Be a GM stagnate, and for there to be post-after-post about new HUT packs, and highlights, and i get that it's their job to promote the game and make money, but it feels like short-term gain at the cost of long-term success.

The worst part is, i thought it was bad before, during NHL14, but after seeing the lead-up to the 15 release, and what's happened since...I'm losing faith in EA entirely. They seemed to be righting the ship when they made an announcement about the missing features, and released a timeline to get things in...but even that was incomplete at best, and there are things that in my opinion are crucial to enjoying the game that are potentially still months out assuming they're on time.

I really hoped that EA could take the opportunity to see the NHL15 release, and maybe refocus their priorities. Grow the team and put a new focus on revamping Be a GM, innovating the way players can control and manage the game, and work on the things that people have been beating to death for years now, but it seems like instead they're so laser focused on HUT and promoting it, that they can't seem to see what's actually happening with the game.
Old 10-21-2014, 05:43 PM   #45
MVP

BL8001's Arena

wtf? his tweet was about NBA2k?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2014, 08:35 PM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 3

So was there ever an announcement? I didn't ever see anything???
Old 10-21-2014, 11:01 PM   #47
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfiore
So was there ever an announcement? I didn't ever see anything???

I believe it was reference the patch released earlier.

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies
Old 10-22-2014, 12:29 AM   #48
Rookie

After reading through all of the angry post's and the fiasco surrounding NHL 15 this by far is the most infuriating thing I have ever read. This really just proves they either completely and blatantly ignoring at how angry and frustrated the community is with the product they put out or they just pretend that it's all handy dandy and that everything is all sunshine and rainbows. 2 years waiting for something on next generation technology that purportedly is almost 5 times more powerful than its predecessor and we can't even get a game that allows us to edit existing players to change a stick or gloves and/or (according to EA) a much more complex and groundbreaking idea.... the ability to play with friends online on the same flipping team.... Mindblowing.... It's almost as pathetic as 2k Sports putting out baseball games every year beyond 2007 before finally putting it to rest a year ago which is what EA needs to do with NHL or at least put a viable effort into the game like a multimillionaire company with the amount of resources they have should do so that it doesn't barely equate to basically a glorified version of NHL Hitz. My favorite part of it all is how they lied square to our faces and withheld that little minor detail of the game being gutted of more than half of its game modes... just some outstanding stuff on their part. I have always been one to defend their work and to never be as critical of the games they have put out as none of us are in their shoes or studios of course and don't know exactly what is going on or the challenges and processes they faces but this is flat out ridiculous and insulting and even more so while they continue to throw this mumbo jumbo "greatest day ever" bologna right in our faces.

*Edit* The new draft system looks like a straight crop shot right out of Madden 15 but nonetheless kinda cool

Last edited by finn712; 10-22-2014 at 12:34 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »