Home

How's Your GM Mode Going?

This is a discussion on How's Your GM Mode Going? within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-17-2015, 03:51 PM   #97
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: How's Your GM Mode Going?

Hey noobs who can't beat me in gm mode you guys are all corny for real

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-18-2015, 07:33 AM   #98
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpritePuck
My GM mode is going well.

Am 12-4-4 with the Flyers.

My issue is Locker Room Chemistry. It got up to 81% then just keeps dropping. I have no clue why as individual morals are good and my lines have not changed. It is currently at 78% and I have made no trades nor anything. Same players as I started with and same shifts. I kinda like the moral thing but it needs more explaining. For it to drop 4% in four games that we went 3-0-1 in without any roster changes just seems odd... My guys do not get on well together when winning I guess.

Outside that loving the season and hoping to make the playoffs. We have gotten lucky on some of our wins, so the record is kinda better than we are playing.
This is an issue for me too in my Panthers franchise. I play with manual line changes so of course the first line gets the most minutes yet a couple of them keep being unhappy with their playing time.

Even when I was on an 8 game win streak (bumped up the difficulty after that) players were still unhappy with their individual performances. The morale system just doesn't work that well and I've never liked it in any sports game. I wish they would just get rid of it instead of making us try to guess what is wrong with some players. I have the feeling that I could go 82-0 and still have a bunch of whiners on the team.
Old 10-18-2015, 05:34 PM   #99
MVP

actionhank's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by schlitz73
This is an issue for me too in my Panthers franchise. I play with manual line changes so of course the first line gets the most minutes yet a couple of them keep being unhappy with their playing time.

Even when I was on an 8 game win streak (bumped up the difficulty after that) players were still unhappy with their individual performances. The morale system just doesn't work that well and I've never liked it in any sports game. I wish they would just get rid of it instead of making us try to guess what is wrong with some players. I have the feeling that I could go 82-0 and still have a bunch of whiners on the team.
I bumped J-bo up to the 1st pair from the default roster's 2nd, and Lehtera from the 3rd to the 2nd, and they both had their morale drop. The system seems goofy at best...
Old 10-18-2015, 07:29 PM   #100
#AyJay

AdamJones113's Arena

OVR: 2

Enjoying my just-play GM with the Leafs. 11-6-1, I believe. Getting a great start to the year from Bernier, who I've leaned heavily on (15 games started).

Morale wise, it's a little wonky. I'm thankful there aren't any serious bugs that make the entire mode unplayable.
Old 10-18-2015, 10:07 PM   #101
Pro

poulka's Arena

OVR: 8

I need to rewrite this question, because my iPad messed up my wording. How many AHL do you all play?
F1 2021 Aston Martin Racing
Madden 23 Random play now matchups
Zelda Tears of the Kingdom
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2015, 02:31 AM   #102
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by poulka
I need to rewrite this question, because my iPad messed up my wording. How many AHL do you all play?
I don't play any until the 42nd game. Then during the second half I will play some key games. It can get old really fast

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
Old 10-19-2015, 06:05 AM   #103
Pro

poulka's Arena

OVR: 8

Thanks src84310. That's the same thing I was thinking. I have enjoyed the two I have played.
F1 2021 Aston Martin Racing
Madden 23 Random play now matchups
Zelda Tears of the Kingdom
Old 10-19-2015, 01:05 PM   #104
MVP

actionhank's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamJones113
Enjoying my just-play GM with the Leafs. 11-6-1, I believe. Getting a great start to the year from Bernier, who I've leaned heavily on (15 games started).

Morale wise, it's a little wonky. I'm thankful there aren't any serious bugs that make the entire mode unplayable.
Yeah, definitely glad it's not a big deal with the morale. Still not sure why guys were mad about being moved up...maybe J-Bo wants less playing time?

I'm glad it's not a show stopper. Now I'm just working on getting the sliders right. Anytime I get my shots and goals where I feel they should be, I struggle to get the rest of the game to feel like my guys are skating in mud.

As for my Be a GM mode, it's gone pretty well. I had to exit my last game, because my slider settings apparently went a bit overboard in the injury settings. I thought I ticked it up by one, but in 1 or 2 periods against Winnipeg, there were injuries to Stastny, Fabbri, Tarasenko, and Schwarz, along with Little and Trouba on Winnipeg (though after last night's game...those might not be so crazy). The straw that broke the camel's back was when Berglund got crushed with 5 minutes left in the 2nd. I just turned it off at that point. I'll revisit it later this week. But, aside from that, the Blues are off to a good start. We're facing Winnipeg once I get the sliders figured out, and we've only had one loss, against Edmonton to open the season at home. I've been working on the sliders, so that game was a big flukey. Edmonton scored 7 goals to our 5.

I want to find a way to get sliders where every single puck doesn't get picked off, and guys have some decent maneuverability. Right now, if I get any decent speed going along the boards, I'm pretty much going to get crushed when I enter the D-zone (doesn't help that my forwards have no idea where they should be skating on the rush...). It used to seem a bit easier to skate into the zone, and then slow down or pass it back to the defense. Now it seems that once you get going, your turning pretty much goes away, which isn't completely unrealistic, but watching someone like Tarasenko shows that it shouldn't be entirely impossible for skilled guys to make quick direction changes, or to at least hit the brakes. Every entry into the zone (minus the dumps) seems to end one of two ways. I either try to slow down and make a pass, only to get layed out. Or, I skate along the boards and get flattened/pinned against them. AI will be a huge upgrade.

Last edited by actionhank; 10-19-2015 at 01:11 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »