Home

How's Your GM Mode Going?

This is a discussion on How's Your GM Mode Going? within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-21-2015, 08:19 PM   #121
MVP

SuperGoalies's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: How's Your GM Mode Going?

am working on couch mode sliders, I've got the sliders down, I had to lower the goalie reaction speed: CPU: 2 / Human: 3, but.. found something neat,
if you keep the both auto line changes : auto for both human and CPU, and before each game you go in game setting and change your Lines changes to Manual, but keep the CPU at Auto, and it works =p, I was testing it with Detroit red wings and we we're down 4-2 and I found away to to tie it and win it in OT, I've found the offense likes Crash the net & Overload & Press & puck attack side boards & 3 forwards attacks ((not blue on blue or strong slide slant))
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-26-2015, 11:17 AM   #122
MVP

actionhank's Arena

OVR: 4

I'm slowly tweaking my sliders to get the game working well. I have to tell myself that it won't ever be perfect. That said, I'm getting a realistic number of goals most games. And, I'm losing some too, which is nice. Before the difficulty seemed to either be win it all, or lose everything.

Now I've gotten it dialed in where my mistakes are sometimes costly, and I usually get rewarded for good play. That said, I still have nights where Allen/Elliott can't make a save, my defense do nothing but take tripping calls (with the occasional elbow throw in for fun) and my forwards punish the glass instead of the net.

But, it's certainly better than what NHL15 looked like, and at least on par with NHL14, but with better graphics.

I really want to sim the season and get to the off-season to see if I can land Kopitar or Stamkos. I'm really hoping they both just won't automatically re-sign with their respective teams.
Old 11-28-2015, 10:43 AM   #123
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

Can anyone give me the details on the editing player causes age the increase bug?
Old 11-30-2015, 04:48 AM   #124
Rookie

OVR: 0

Don't know if anyone else is having this problem but when in GM mode and checking out players, if I press the RS down to bring up their player info page the screen will go grey and bring nothing up.
Old 12-04-2015, 11:03 AM   #125
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazykanook
I can't understand the injury thing. I have 4 people injured out - the shortest is 10 days. I'm up against the cap and can't bring anyone up. Is there a long term injury thing or what. It seems silly. Should I only dress 15 skaters because there is not LTI?
Any help is appreciated!
Could use help with this is well. Im not up against the cap, but i have 4 injured players, 3 of them unplayable injuries. I can't call anyone up because my roster is full, and find a way to put players on injured reserve or anything. This seems like the most basic thing in the world but I would not be surprised if EA royally screwed this up somehow. Any help is most definitely appreciated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2015, 12:35 AM   #126
MVP

Nickflyers's Arena

OVR: 16

Year Three in Philadelphia

MIssed playoffs the last two seasons and a few speed bumps along the way, but I'm feeling good about this season.

We signed Victor Hedman to a $7.5M/5Yr deal and a few other trades. Got 5th overall pick so we drafted Kailer Yamamoto(High Elite ) and swung a deal with the Rangers to get the older Yamamoto brother.

Prospects are slowly coming up. All five of the Five Horseman are in Philly
Sanheim dropped to Low Top 4 but is an 83 ovr, Hagg(83) shot up to a Med Elite, Provorov(81) is Med Top 4. Gostisbehere is 84 with High Top 4.

Other prospects in my pool
Kailer Yamamoto(H.Elite) - 66
T.Konecny(High Elite) - 79
K.Middleton(6'6" dman High Elite, 2nd round) - 67
A.Rytz(Youngest son, High Top 6F) - 78
G.Bombay(Yes Gordon)(Med Top 6) - 72
D.Youngblood(Med Top 6) - 77
Keanu Yamamoto(High Top 9) - 72
O.Lindblom(Low Top 6F) - 78
L.Leveille(2nd Rounder, High Top 6D) - 79
A.Rytz(Oldest son, Low Starter) - 74
F.Sandstrom(Med Elite) - 80

Going into the 2017-18 season here is our lineup

NHL
Ehlers(85)(L.Top 6) - Giroux(91) - Simmonds(87)
Raffl(83) - Petan(84, Med Elite) - Zykov(83, L.Top 9)
Killorn(83) - Couturier(86, H.Top 6) - J.Lipon(80, H.Top 9)
M.Latta(81), S.Laughton(84, H.Top 6) - R.White(81)
Scratched: Deslauriers, Jarnkrok

Hedman(91) - Sanheim(83)
Gostisbehere(84) - Scandella(83)
Hagg(83) - Provorov(81)
Scratched: Morin(81)

Mason(87)-Sandstrom(80)

AHL
Youngblood - Konecny - Rytz
Aube Kubel(72, H.Bottom 6) - Merkley(77, M.Top 6) - O.Lindblom(78)
Y.Trenin(75, Med Top 9) - T.Lamsa(79, H.Top 9) - C.Bell(75, L.Bottom 6, 4th Rounder)
C.Bardreau(79) - S.Hodges(77, H.Bottom 6) - T.Leier(78)

C.Marti(80) - L.Leveille(79)
C.Neill(72, H.Top 6) - M.Alt(77)
A.Comrie(73) - J.Pettersson(72)

N.McBride(74, M.Backup, 5th Round) - A.Lotz(74, L.AHL Starter)

Twitch

YouTube Channel
Old 12-09-2015, 06:05 AM   #127
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

I also recently started with Philly. I gave all the young d a good long look in the pre-season. I was hoping one could show me they belonged, but it was a bit of a disastrous experiment all told.

We played extremely poorly through the preseason going 2-3-2, but played much worse than that record. We looked utterly lost for huge stretches in games, and the disconnect between the forwards and defense was painful.

I'd say Morin played the best of the bunch, but he wasn't anything special, and Provorov got hurt early.

Other than that, Ztolarz was quite good in a couple of games, Oskar Lindblom scored some goals, and Scott Laughton was the best young forward by a mile.

The opener was a laughably bad 4-0 defeat in Tampa. Basically a "burn the tape and forget about it" outing.

Things turned around in the home and home with Florida. Luongo was solid in game one, but the top line of Voracek-Giroux-and Simmonds created two goals (both scored by Giroux) in a 3-1 win. Giroux should have had the hatty but rung one off the crossbar point blank.

Game two the top line really ratcheted things up in a 5-2 win. Voracek had 4 goals, Simmonds 4 assists, and Giroux had 3 assists (but missed a good chunk of time in the game with an injury).

So far Mason has been pretty good in goal—if not a little lucky at times.

The defense as a group has been ok. Luke Schenn struggles to get the puck out at times, Streit isn't as good at moving the puck as he used to be, del Zotto does some good things with the puck at times, and everyone else must keep things really simple in order to keep our team game on the rails.

Pretty much all of the attack must be generated by the forwards, and it's a bit of a tall order in the modern NHL for lines not consisting of Voracek, Giroux, and Simmonds to do that much heavy lifting.

I love what Sean Couturier is as a player on this team. Does a little bit of everything, and dragged a rotating crew of prospects through a solid preseason. He's continued to be an effective swiss army knife for us through three games.

Nick Schultz was injured in the second Florida game, and Gostisbehere is up and will get some time on the PP.

Last edited by bad_philanthropy; 12-09-2015 at 06:08 AM.
Old 12-09-2015, 02:08 PM   #128
MVP

OVR: 11

Also started one with Philly, second favorite team behind Detroit. Simmed year one. Won the lottery. Took Matthews. Bought vinny out. Going to trade neuvirth and go with mason and stolerz. Had a great draft after Matthews, including a medium starting potential goalie. Will sit Matthews and all my stud dmen in ahl this season. Signed Mitch Callahan, Trevor Lewis, Kris Russell. Looking to trade read and will move sanheim in a deal for a second line stud or upgrade at goalie. Will look to trade one or both schenns after this second season.

Simmonds-Giroux-Voracek
Read-Couts-Schenn
Laughton-Gagner-Lewis
Callahan-Cousins-Palushaj

MDZ-Myself
Russell-Schenn
Manning-Gudas

Mason-Neuvirth

Brent-Matthews-Weal
Kase-VandeVelde-Leier
Fazleev-Cornel-G.Walker
Lindblom-David Miller-Padakin

Hagg-Sanheim
Gost-Morin
Valiev-Pettersson

Kahkonen-Emmerton

Last edited by kenp86; 12-09-2015 at 03:32 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »