Home

NHL 17 Franchise Mode Trailer and Plenty of Details

This is a discussion on NHL 17 Franchise Mode Trailer and Plenty of Details within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2016, 12:16 PM   #65
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: NHL 17 Franchise Mode Trailer and Plenty of Details

There's a lot to be said for, less is more. Especially if its done well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2016, 01:26 PM   #66
MVP

CubFan23's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlybygrace
An overlay that shows a player has 3 goals in 7 games since being traded and potentially cool in game stat stuff does nothing for you as an offline franchise guy? It's possible that there is a lot more of that stuff which would really bring the mode to life. Dynamic attendance would be cool if it was visually reflected in the stands in game.
This sort of thing should have been in years ago. Without decent game play the rest is garbage to me.

“I knew when my career was over. In 1965 my baseball card came out with no picture".
- Bob Uecker
Old 08-14-2016, 09:54 PM   #67
Rookie

shanev's Arena

OVR: 3

It's all about the 100 point sliders. If they work, I'll be pretty happy.
I agree with others that I'd prefer to see hockey improvement like drafting, scouting, training camp, and development. But I like the extra stuff too.

Baby steps I guess
Old 08-15-2016, 10:24 AM   #68
MVP

OVR: 15

Im hoping we can finally view all boxscores for all games on the calendar in franchise mode. Not sure how this is not in the game yet.
Old 08-16-2016, 05:33 AM   #69
#AyJay

AdamJones113's Arena

OVR: 2

It's good to see some of the owner-GM combination worked on; how well it works and whether it will enhance the game remains to be seen. I have solid hope on both accounts.

Notwithstanding gameplay:
I hope, for next year, that the GM-coach combination gets some love. By that I mean more coach feedback on who he thinks is playing well, who he thinks you should draft (draft process should get a major overhaul, I believe I posited a system a while back for scouting but if not I'll do so again), and even maybe some possible trade targets. Agents negotiating in-season, which doesn't even have to mean actual contract negotiations; agents could send in how much their prospective free agent is interested in coming back, for how much, etc... All based on fluctuation player and team performance of course. Suggestions from the AHL coach on who to bring up. Maybe a prospect report once a month à la FIFA.

And all this customizable to a player's depth desires.
Old 08-16-2016, 11:47 AM   #70
MVP

actionhank's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamJones113
It's good to see some of the owner-GM combination worked on; how well it works and whether it will enhance the game remains to be seen. I have solid hope on both accounts.

Notwithstanding gameplay:
I hope, for next year, that the GM-coach combination gets some love. By that I mean more coach feedback on who he thinks is playing well, who he thinks you should draft (draft process should get a major overhaul, I believe I posited a system a while back for scouting but if not I'll do so again), and even maybe some possible trade targets. Agents negotiating in-season, which doesn't even have to mean actual contract negotiations; agents could send in how much their prospective free agent is interested in coming back, for how much, etc... All based on fluctuation player and team performance of course. Suggestions from the AHL coach on who to bring up. Maybe a prospect report once a month à la FIFA.

And all this customizable to a player's depth desires.
It would be great to be able to hire and fire coaches and scouts (but also delegate it if you don't care about them).

Just thinking in more recent years, the Blues goaltending saw a pretty nice bump in performance when they brought Jim Corsi in with the Miller trade. He stuck around, and I think he was a big part in helping to shape Allen's play.

Similarly, it would be great to hire and fire coaches (if you're a GM) and have them leave for other teams. Maybe you have to find a new powerplay coach after your assistant leaves, and this could hurt your powerplay numbers (poor coaches drag attributes down while on the powerplay, and good coaches provide a boost). I think it would be a lot of fun to manage your staff and almost have an RPG type level of interaction where you try to find the perfect parts for your organization.

Better Scouting Directors means fewer scouts get you better results. Better coaches provide better on ice play and positioning. Goalie coaches help your rookies to develop, and provide slight boosts to your goalies. Finding good training and fitness coaches will help get better results in your injured players, and help prevent future injury.
Old 08-16-2016, 03:02 PM   #71
Pro

spoofrice11's Arena

OVR: 3

Didn't read all of the posts, but can you import a logo on to a jersey like NBA 2K?
There weren't very many custom logos to choose from and with the talk of moving teams and stuff I thought there'd be a lot more.

Also, does anyone know if you can create and replace a team, or only move yours in the future if approved (that's how it sounds). There are some logos/colors of teams I think are ugly. So if I want to get rid of the Devils and/or another team or 2, I don't want to have to play a year or 2 with them 1st.

I want it to be like MyLeague in NBA 2K, where I can replace teams, customize what I want, and do what I want in my Offline League.

Thanx for any help!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2016, 06:51 PM   #72
MVP

actionhank's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoofrice11
Didn't read all of the posts, but can you import a logo on to a jersey like NBA 2K?
There weren't very many custom logos to choose from and with the talk of moving teams and stuff I thought there'd be a lot more.

Also, does anyone know if you can create and replace a team, or only move yours in the future if approved (that's how it sounds). There are some logos/colors of teams I think are ugly. So if I want to get rid of the Devils and/or another team or 2, I don't want to have to play a year or 2 with them 1st.

I want it to be like MyLeague in NBA 2K, where I can replace teams, customize what I want, and do what I want in my Offline League.

Thanx for any help!
In terms of customization, it doesn't look like you'll be able to import anything. As far as replacing teams, that's a question mark too.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »