Home

Top Features Missing From the EA NHL Series

This is a discussion on Top Features Missing From the EA NHL Series within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-10-2019, 04:43 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: Top Features Missing From the EA NHL Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by statum71
I think gameplay is solid as well. Not a story mode guy myself either. But I'd like to see:

* Frostbite Engine use
* Real Coaches
* Custom music return
* All Star weekend (this should not be missing from ANY sports title)
* Winter Classic
* Intermission Report (ala NHL 2K but better)
* TSN presentation for Canadian games
Definitely the All Star weekend and Winter Classic. For the All Star weekend, I would like to see the 3v3 tournament ability. We have it now, but it's very arcade and limited on players and line changes. Even include it in exhibition or give us a season mode option.

They could have the CPU option to select players based on performance in the season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2019, 04:18 AM   #26
Rookie

Northernwolf's Arena

OVR: 0

First off:
NHL 19 is a good game, despite some of the glaring errors it has (im looking at you, Be a Pro).

What I think is the missing features:

* a full customization suite
- Create a goalie mask, create a team, create logo (the new logo options are either not good enough or just plain silly at this point), create an arena, create player, create draft classes(with pictures EA, no more black silouettes, its 2019!), create offensive and defensive tactics, create uniforms for all NHL teams (to add more variation to all NHL teams and add winter classic patches and similar patches to specific events): All of these need to either be added or given an overhaul. This is for us who like the design and creaton parts - but also make easy generated solutions for those who just want to make a basic create a team to add to their franchises.

* roster sharing
- no need for elaboration

* Winter classic/stadium series fully intertwined in the game (that means franchise and be a pro too EA)

-Winter classic patches for ALL teams. When your team is picked for stadium series and/or Winter classic give the players option to pick which jersey to use (or make a new one for this event). mke it a cool and different milestone in BAP and Franchise as well as play now. Add some of the stadiums from the past and make it happen!

* A Better Be a Pro.
-Start in the WHL/QMHL/OHL/ECHL/AHL with a prospect (boy or girl) and play your way up. Decide if this is a superstar or someone who has to move up through the ranks of other leagues before being drafted in the big leagues. Build a storyline as you go along. Let the players have choices and options. Let us play the games, but give the BAP some extra vested interest. is he/she a goalie or a defenseman? how does he/she play? Have som faux local news and/ social media to create interest. Is he/she an enforcer in the minors? does he/she get interest from bigger teams? Let the player get contracts to play in Allsvenskan or in SHL, DEL during their career. Dont force players to play all the games of a year if they dont want to. But motivate us to play rivalries, playoffs and similar games.

Give us more control over stats and where we want to put them. Remove the terrible training system make a better one. And please: Make BAP goalie a real thing. right now it is terrible.

*Better and more commentary that responds to franchise and BAP choices. Minor league commentaries should be more rowdy a different set of commentaries all together.

*Half time show and reports from around the league you are playing in.

* Be a coach: Let us play a coach (make one like in MAdden?) and play his careeer through different leagues. Do you start your career with Newfoundland Growlers or Red Deer Rebels - trying to make them a powerhouse in their league? After a season you get options to coach elsewhere. Maybe Laval Rocket and the Tuscon Roadrunners want a new coach in AHL - in Finland Jukurit seem to need one for a few years.. Take the teams to playoffs. Take them to the Champions hockey league. Maybe you make a few heads turn and you might find yourself heading a team in the NHL, maybe even a completely new one in Seattle? This should be an option to ye olde franchise mode, not something that should remove franchise.

* All star weekend
-As others have pointed at: It would be a nice addition!

PLEASE DO NOT ADD:

* A Longshot mode
-I hate everything about this idea. A story that you must buy a new game every year to follow is a terrible and nasty way of making this. At best, do what 2k does with their storylines. But please: just stay the heck away from this. Make career and player modes immersive, but look for inspiration elsewhere than longshot or that terrible fifa mode. Be a pro deserves better!

* Frostbite
-I dislike this idea of adding a new graphical engine to EA's NHL games: Mainly because this engine is made for shooties and not for sports games. Take a look at what frostbite did with Mass Effect Andromeda. I would rather see an Ignite 2.0 engine tbh.

NHL 19 is a fine game - a little repetetive at times, but the best EA has done for this console generation.
I think the game could be a lot more with a bigger team invested into it.
I am worried we will never see any of the improvements above, nor any of those in the original post here on OS. I hope we do see a game that evolves for the better. In what way, I guess we will have to see :-)
Old 01-12-2019, 01:15 PM   #27
MVP

1. Much more player likenesses
2. Statistics by Team name
3. A player card with all stats incl. Youth stats, Trades and for whom be traded, current hot or cold streaks, honors and cup rings during career.
4. To open in calender past games to review game and player stats.
5. Face scan import from EA website to players with missing real faces.
6. Real Goalie masks or app creator.
7. Missing many Jerseys like the beautiful Buffalo from around 2005
8. Fantasy generator for ratings of existing player in Franchise mode. ( To use this option or not at the beginning of a Franchise )
9. Negotiation button for Trades. You ask a GM from another Team for a player and he said what he wants from your Team or if this player is for trading or not. This can go moretimes way to and back before trade is finished or declined.
10. Mire information about Streaks from players during the game. Hot and cold
11. All drafted players in the game with pics and possible to get in there Team Rosters. I mean also the US and drafted KHL players ( buy the rights from IIHF ) Funny to see what happens when Jack Hughes will selected as number one pick. Usely they post a face scan of number 1 and 2 pick short after they where drafted in Twitter and Facebook.
12. Add KHL, NCAA to the game. Buy the copyrights.
13. To play Franchise in all Leagues not only NHL or AHL.
Old 01-12-2019, 01:30 PM   #28
Rookie

I’m sorry, but I want almost none of these. Story mode is a waste of resources, nobody played GM connected (and it wasn’t good anyway), roster sharing is hit or miss, and the ASG is cute but unnecessary.*

The only one of note, in my opinion, would be the introduction of the Frostbite Engine. Even then, we all know that because of the dev team size it would take more than one cycle to implement properly.*

I’d much prefer they lock down the gameplay and enhance the depth and quality of Franchise. The dev team should outline how they want the game to play and stick to their guns as they work toward that. I feel like each iteration comes out with interesting wrinkles but returns to the same old style every year thanks to tuners.

As for franchise, that is personally all I play and it somehow always seems to be behind in some area. To me, that’s the story mode - it’s what you do and how you build a team and the player movement. If they could elevate the quality of the mode and then begin introducing some story-like elements, that could be a big draw and kill two birds with one stone.*
Old 01-12-2019, 01:54 PM   #29
Pro

WeAreAllKings's Arena

Obviously roster sharing is a must, the inclusion of the Frostbite engine and a deeper immersion factor for Franchise Mode. I would like to to see the 3 Stars of the Week and a news feed similar to Madden that focuses on your team and the rest of the league. It would also be nice to see a roundup of other games around the league during the intermissions too. Madden included a halftime show so to speak. I mean if other EA titles can have this, why can’t NHL start including some of these features? Hopefully the NHL development team takes the community’s advice and starts to take this series seriously. We’ve basically been given the same game for the last few years on the next gen consoles. Unsatisfactory at this stage in my opinion....

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 01-12-2019, 03:41 PM   #30
Rookie

Honestly I don't even know where to start. To not have roster sharing in 2019 is a joke. why'd they take out tournament mode? some of us like playing with countries. Get real jerseys for all countries. Why does usa, russia, sweden still have those awful fake ea jerseys? Get an iihf license and add the khl.. Major improvements are needed if I'm ever going to buy the game again. The game does not feel like hockey. The AI is mentally challenged and the game plays like a pinball machine. Defense never know when to pinch and make the same awful plays over and over. Doc can't say some of the most common last names and he has the same one liners from the last 5 years.
Old 01-14-2019, 05:26 AM   #31
Pro

Story mode.
Either in single player or/and franchise mode.

A few more sliders
Like CPU pass speed (will probably make the game less frenzy)

All star weekend/winter classic.

Franchise mode being able to controll all team (myleague 2k type)

Frostbite
FIFA hasn't had fouls in their game since FIFA 16 (frostbite came on 17) and FIFA 19 has no fouls,so if it's down to frostbite,then no thanks.

I think NHL 19 can be a dull experience,but gameplay after one season of slider fixing,quite solid

Xbox :ettnollbajen
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2019, 10:04 PM   #32
MVP

Simple Mathematics's Arena

OVR: 11

Roster sharing. I didn’t buy the game this year and I stopped doing the Revamped Rosters. I’ll be back when/if roster sharing gets added.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »