Home

NHL 20 Beta Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NHL 20 Beta Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2019, 06:05 PM   #65
MVP

mikeq672's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 20 Beta Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here

Some of ya'll are stuck on this offline vs online thing, when in reality its HUT vs everyone else. UT has brought upon us the total decline of sports games. They all suck now. Until the bubbles bursts on these game modes, or these types of micro transactions those modes are built on are not allowed, this is what were stuck with.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2019, 02:05 AM   #66
MVP

Well it's all about making money and they will produce what they think will make them the most of it. For us buyers the game quality matters, but companies want to make money at the least possible cost.

Problem is when buyers stop buying (or companies just get greedy - OR BOTH), they need to get more from the actual paying customers which is what micro transactions enable. A way to get more from those that actually do pay. You need to maximize what you can get out of them.

This might be why things like file sharing and a lot of other things was removed aswell as it did not make them money, instead fans could improve their games for free.

Nah. I stick to the PC and 2KHS which is moddable for free.

Download the NHL2K20 roster at:
http://PlayNHL.TK

Discussion: https://forums.operationsports.com/f...s-nhl2k11.html
Old 07-30-2019, 03:25 AM   #67
Rookie

I haven't bought an NHL game in about five years so I thought I'd jump back in, but my god what have they done to the goalies? If you slightly stick handle the puck one direction and come back the other way you score almost every time. On top of that, their lateral movement on close pucks is atrocious so any puck carrier crossing the goal mouth scores almost automatically. The AI on goalies just gets abused by the skill stick.
Old 07-30-2019, 04:13 AM   #68
Rookie

OVR: 1
Three words:*
Stale. Stale. Stale
Old 07-30-2019, 07:49 AM   #69
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikethebike
Well it's all about making money and they will produce what they think will make them the most of it. For us buyers the game quality matters, but companies want to make money at the least possible cost.

Problem is when buyers stop buying (or companies just get greedy - OR BOTH), they need to get more from the actual paying customers which is what micro transactions enable. A way to get more from those that actually do pay. You need to maximize what you can get out of them.

This might be why things like file sharing and a lot of other things was removed aswell as it did not make them money, instead fans could improve their games for free.

Nah. I stick to the PC and 2KHS which is moddable for free.
I'm not arguing with you. But this is where a lot of sports game developers are short-sighted.
You don't have to look anywhere else but NBA2K to see that you can have your cake and eat it too.
I know lots of people who aren't even basketball fans who buy that game annually based on a tonne of offline content.
I owned the game for a time as well. The game is so polished and the franchise modes as well as My Player are incredible.
What the NHL fails to realize is that if your sport has a great video game representation, you will add to your fanbase.
They should become involved to an extent and ask themselves why sales for this game are stagnant.
I mean, we don't even see current goal/point totals in the overlay when a goal is scored.
It's 2019 man!!!
Old 07-30-2019, 02:58 PM   #70
Rookie

peter21's Arena

OVR: 1

Allow me to offer a positive to this justifiably oft-derided game.

I haven't had one dressing room error yet!
Old 07-30-2019, 06:40 PM   #71
Banned

I thought last year's commentary was bad,but wow this year it's terrible.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2019, 07:13 PM   #72
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
I'm not arguing with you. But this is where a lot of sports game developers are short-sighted.
You don't have to look anywhere else but NBA2K to see that you can have your cake and eat it too.
I know lots of people who aren't even basketball fans who buy that game annually based on a tonne of offline content.
I owned the game for a time as well. The game is so polished and the franchise modes as well as My Player are incredible.
What the NHL fails to realize is that if your sport has a great video game representation, you will add to your fanbase.
They should become involved to an extent and ask themselves why sales for this game are stagnant.
I mean, we don't even see current goal/point totals in the overlay when a goal is scored.
It's 2019 man!!!
I agree with you. They do show the total goals on a 2nd graphic.. at least I did see that in a video.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »