Home

Tuner Version - FIX THIS PLEASE

This is a discussion on Tuner Version - FIX THIS PLEASE within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-13-2022, 09:36 PM   #9
All Star

TNKNGM's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Tuner Version - FIX THIS PLEASE

A tuner update to my NHL game shouldn't cause me anxiety....but every time they release one, I am terrified to download and apply it (especially if the game is playing well for me)....but I'm always hopeful that the newest tuner will improve the things
Old 03-14-2022, 01:16 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNKNGM
A tuner update to my NHL game shouldn't cause me anxiety....but every time they release one, I am terrified to download and apply it (especially if the game is playing well for me)....but I'm always hopeful that the newest tuner will improve the things
Same here. Since I built sliders on the first tuner, I've simply left it there all season.
But again, and I know I've already said this, in the past week I've only played 09 on PC with updated mods and 2K5 on my PS2 with a roster update which can be found here, and I've got a season going in both. In both cases, the gameplay is just extraordinary when you consider both are 13 and 17 years old respectively.

There was just far more care taken to the experience of playing through a season because emulating TV broadcasts was a bigger thing, and far FAR more care taken to fundamental physics. Graphics were already at the pinnacle of what could be done at the time and demands were different for what games had to look like. That games looked animated wasn't a problem for anyone. Somewhere in the PS3-360 era we started getting obsessed more with things looking realistic in sports games because other games were looking better. And because graphics were less of an issue and extorting money from people in online play wasn't a thing, the devs actually cared about mechanics.
I don't know, for me, these two games have given me far more pleasure of late. The only thing I'm looking forward to with 22 is playing a Women's tournament.
Old 03-15-2022, 07:26 PM   #11
MVP

THESHAMISASHAME's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNKNGM
Absolutely unacceptable that we are still left with only 1.00 and LATEST

You like to give them the benefit of the doubt when they release a new tuner that it will actually improve things or only be very subtle adjustments. Then you download the new tuner and the game feels completely different and you are stuck

There NEEDS to be the option to go back to your previous tuner

There NEEDS to be the option to select any of the tuners that have been released

There is no reason we shouldn't be able to select from:

These are the things that hold this game back at times and it's something to simple that would go such a long way towards improving the game. The fact that this still has not been fixed is absolutely ridiculous
I was checking everyone's sliders here and I was shocked nobody said anything about the last update. They need separate updates and changes for online and offline . Online always wrecks the game for offline after months of perfecting your sliders . The game is pretty messed up right now as everything has been screwed and unbalanced especially skating , puck control and robo goalies .I even tried on allstar default to test it and it's not smooth skating and puck control like it was previously.

Last edited by THESHAMISASHAME; 03-16-2022 at 10:52 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2022, 01:35 PM   #12
Pro

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by THESHAMISASHAME
I was checking everyone's sliders here and I was shocked nobody said anything about the last update. They need separate updates and changes for online and offline . Online always wrecks the game for offline after months of perfecting your sliders . The game is pretty messed up right now as everything has been screwed and unbalanced especially skating , puck control and robo goalies .I even tried on allstar default to test it and it's not smooth skating and puck control like it was previously.
I am just shaking my head.....
Took me ages to get this Game playing "realistically"---and there i was 60 Games into my Off Line Season (yes, somehow I got to Game 60!) , depsite the synching bug/ not being able to Edit attributes once in season/ bizzarre AI/ and in general the products many flaws, NHL 22 was actually playing " not totally ridiculous"!!

Then of course a "new patch " arrives (which i actually didnt D/L at first (disconnected my PS4 from the internet in fear lol) because of this, BUT was informed that the Kaprizov audio was within the new patch--it wasnt--it was contained in a useless Roster Update)---and before you can say "OvechkinpassesWayne"--the game is possesed by "new Monkey Business"
Now Pucks warp up and around the Ice, the CPU can deke through just about my entire team, (where as I cant make even the simplest pass in the Offensive Zone), my Players can be simply shoved off the puck, yet the CPU (even with P/C down to 12) plays as if its stuck to the tape....

Now, I fully understand that some tinkering with the Sliders may "fix" this, BUT having spent 3 months in just getting the game playable (because im stupidly stubbourn) I feel like even I have ran out of patience, and find myself, just waiting for MLB THE SHOW 22

Last edited by johnnydrum; 03-17-2022 at 02:23 PM.
Old 03-17-2022, 08:43 PM   #13
MVP

THESHAMISASHAME's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnydrum
I am just shaking my head.....
Took me ages to get this Game playing "realistically"---and there i was 60 Games into my Off Line Season (yes, somehow I got to Game 60!) , depsite the synching bug/ not being able to Edit attributes once in season/ bizzarre AI/ and in general the products many flaws, NHL 22 was actually playing " not totally ridiculous"!!

Then of course a "new patch " arrives (which i actually didnt D/L at first (disconnected my PS4 from the internet in fear lol) because of this, BUT was informed that the Kaprizov audio was within the new patch--it wasnt--it was contained in a useless Roster Update)---and before you can say "OvechkinpassesWayne"--the game is possesed by "new Monkey Business"
Now Pucks warp up and around the Ice, the CPU can deke through just about my entire team, (where as I cant make even the simplest pass in the Offensive Zone), my Players can be simply shoved off the puck, yet the CPU (even with P/C down to 12) plays as if its stuck to the tape....

Now, I fully understand that some tinkering with the Sliders may "fix" this, BUT having spent 3 months in just getting the game playable (because im stupidly stubbourn) I feel like even I have ran out of patience, and find myself, just waiting for MLB THE SHOW 22
I know what you mean and I have it playing ok accept for normally outshooting the opponent now . This patch was horrible and I also took a break from the game as it was really playing well this year imo. Good luck man .
Old 03-18-2022, 09:07 AM   #14
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by THESHAMISASHAME
I know what you mean and I have it playing ok accept for normally outshooting the opponent now . This patch was horrible and I also took a break from the game as it was really playing well this year imo. Good luck man .
Is there any way to remove the Patch (and go as it was "out of the box" but able to keep my season???

Since the last Patch I now outshoot the CPU every game... Generally it musters about 17 to 25 shots now (yet still scores 3 goals---consistantly seeing pretty much ANY of the CPU forwards simpy able to just walk right through and double deke my G or being able to walk out of the corner's and head for the net....even if I keep a well positioned D , that is now slow and in responsive (almost like the FWD is in a bubble)

Also noticed players no longer tipping or deflecting pucks....Any , (and I mean EVERY) point shot I make, is instantly muffled by the D--as it collapses in front of the net. Dont get me wrong, I want this to happen, JUST NOT EVERY TIME.

So annoying.... Spent bloody months getting the game playable.

I am wondering if I create a new user, and deactivate the internet, will I be able to reload my Season from the PS4...??

Last edited by johnnydrum; 03-18-2022 at 01:25 PM.
Old 03-18-2022, 06:13 PM   #15
Pro

And of course......theres this........
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Vlaaaaaa.jpg (173.0 KB, 109 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2022, 06:52 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 10

Just read all the opinions here which I wholeheartedly agree with. In particular the getting the game perfect and then having to readjust everything all over again. FIFA on PC has been known to play differently when disconnected and connected. Even in single player offline modes. Offline has a tendency to play far better. I wonder if anything like that is programmed into NHL?
In any event, I did something last night I haven't done in years in a sports game. I literally quit the game and left NHL to go play something else. I don't have tons and tons of time to play even in the 30 minutes it takes me to get through a game. I don't want to have to deal with tweaking too much or I'll never actually play. But for the fourth game in a row..against completely different opponents
  • I have the same relatively balanced play between myself and the CPU at first, then finally manage to take a small lead and start controlling the ice more
  • then like clockwork, midway through the 3rd, every...single...drive...into my zone gives them goals with zero effort that would never have gone in in the first period
  • no matter what I do I can no longer maintain control of the puck and lose it if I so much as brush past someone
  • I try to just hang onto the puck and I can't hold it because the CPU swarms me and even if I have one of the top 5 players in the league I have no defense.
  • This is on Pro, this is with CPU AI adjustment all the way down, with all other things that stop the CPU from being too clever turned off. And even if it weren't, the first period should never be as extraordinarily different from the third as this. It's as if you start the 1st on rookie and then someone puts legendary or whatever for the end of the game.
So, I had to quit. Because it was the 4th game in a row. And I've had enough. Four different teams play EXACTLY the same. Almost a hat trick every game for the CPU. And same complete incapacitating of my team and goalie in the third. It just gets old.
I went to 2K5 and NHL09 on PC and had amazing games where my strategy actually mattered. And I didn't even win both games. But infinitely more satisfying. I hate to say this was a waste of money, but what else can I say? I hope they get that NHL Legacy PS3 mod going soon. THAT was a good game.
Shame this. A real shame.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »