Home

Tuner Version - FIX THIS PLEASE

This is a discussion on Tuner Version - FIX THIS PLEASE within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-11-2022, 09:57 PM   #1
All Star

TNKNGM's Arena

OVR: 14
Tuner Version - FIX THIS PLEASE

Absolutely unacceptable that we are still left with only 1.00 and LATEST

You like to give them the benefit of the doubt when they release a new tuner that it will actually improve things or only be very subtle adjustments. Then you download the new tuner and the game feels completely different and you are stuck

There NEEDS to be the option to go back to your previous tuner

There NEEDS to be the option to select any of the tuners that have been released

There is no reason we shouldn't be able to select from:

These are the things that hold this game back at times and it's something to simple that would go such a long way towards improving the game. The fact that this still has not been fixed is absolutely ridiculous
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-11-2022, 10:59 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Tuner Version - FIX THIS PLEASE

1000% agree!
Old 03-12-2022, 10:55 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 10

This is why, despite the fact that I do have fun on the ice in the actual gameplay, I find myself constantly preferring older PC NHL games and 2K games with updated rosters. Because once the game has actually ended, 22 offers nothing of any substance in a season. Even in game stats are mostly just passive and not really useful to making the game immersive and enjoyable. So there's nothing to call you back. But that makes sense because they're just trying to make the in-match card and coin collecting part interesting for online players. Nothing else.
NHL22 is fun in the 30 minutes I play a game. But other games make the act of playing just a regular season fun. Stupid things like not being able to choose your own tuner, STILL having no way to play an allstar game in season mode even YEARS later (2K5 even has it for crying out loud) just make NHL a constant disappointment. Bittersweet but heavier on the bitter side.
Old 03-12-2022, 12:11 PM   #4
Banned

babaracus88's Arena

OVR: 0

This is a perfect example of just how much the EA NHL Team doesn't give a sh*t about what we want they just want us to give them our money and get nothing in return. It is crazy that there is such a level of disconnect and disrespect toward us consumers. How easy should it be to offer the option of choosing what tuner update you want? We have been asking for this change for years so its not like they can even argue that they didn't know that we wanted it. they know they just don't give a sh*t. This is why as a community of offline players we should go one year and not buy the game and see if we can get Rammer fired. I know the argument is that they don't care about us but the shared holders do and even if the sales for hockey only dropped 25%, for a game that doesn't make alot of money apparently that should be enough of a hit to make someone upstairs look into what is going on. I'm sure rammer doesn't want to see that much of a drop either and maybe might listen to us a bit more. i don't know just a thought, eventually we need to stop complaining and do something as a community.

However i am happy that they finally gave us roster sharing and they are not happy about it, as you can tell by the fact that rather than make it possible across all platforms they made it severely nerfed by only making it sharing between only the exact game platform you have with others that have the same platform, how weak is that. That's giving us a gem but covering it with as much sh*t as they can cause they are not happy that they have to give it to us.

Last edited by babaracus88; 03-12-2022 at 12:18 PM.
Old 03-12-2022, 11:33 PM   #5
All Star

TNKNGM's Arena

The one adjustment I found that got the game playing back close enough to where I had it was to increase SKATING SPEED a couple clicks and I also increased AGILITY a couple points as well
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-12-2022, 11:38 PM   #6
All Star

TNKNGM's Arena

The thing I don't get is that some of these things should be so easy for them to get right and they spend more time focusing on "Card Collections" or goofy stuff for 3vs3

It's a NHL Hockey game - the #1 focus should always be on making the best hockey game ever made and striving for perfection in that regard......then add all the little asthetics you want for all I care. That's why games like MLB The Show are the gold standard, they absolutely nailed the game of baseball and built an incredible true to life baseball experience with so much attention to detail, then they started focusing on all the other add-ons and gimmicks. They should strive to make this game the "MLB The Show" of hockey games, then work on the bells and whistles

If people want to buy a NHL game so they can collect cards....go play Pokemon or something.....and if the developers want to focus on cards and collector badges or whatever, go work on a different type of game
Old 03-13-2022, 12:35 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 1

Hello everyone.
Older, Off Line Player here (since the days of NHLPA 93 on the Mega Drive)

The problem is, the sheer lengths the user has to go through (the endless Editing/ Slider adjustments/ Roster updates/ navigating the bizarre user restrictions within the game) that by the time you have a "working game", the user has almost given up the Ghost....
After over coming the glitches, the bugs, the tuner that then added more bugs, the Roster updates without the Portraits, then without the play by play---its almost January before you can even "get going"

BUT even after all that, the game has bizarre traits, obscure AI, and almost feels unstable (players facing the wrong way, sticks going through boards, bad animations after goals)---and feels like it could just crash at any point....Then of course the creators comfound the problem with "the latest" Tuner or Patch , which then creates "new" game play anomilies, thus setting the User back to the drawing board---AGAIN
Its simply not enjoyable, and incredibley frustrating . It shouldnt be this difficult!

60 Games into my Off Line Season, and the settings which "PREVIOUSLY" worked, now seem to be more random then ever, have forced me (before the risk of divorce lol) to take a NHL22 break, and powered up my vintage copy of MLB THE SHOW 19.....and can not belive just how fluid, solid and superior the game is (even the outdated 19 version)--compared to the NHL 22....
The contrast , not just visually, but "under the hood" is startling.

Last edited by johnnydrum; 03-13-2022 at 02:12 PM.
Old 03-13-2022, 09:34 PM   #8
All Star

TNKNGM's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnydrum
Hello everyone.
Older, Off Line Player here (since the days of NHLPA 93 on the Mega Drive)

The problem is, the sheer lengths the user has to go through (the endless Editing/ Slider adjustments/ Roster updates/ navigating the bizarre user restrictions within the game) that by the time you have a "working game", the user has almost given up the Ghost....
After over coming the glitches, the bugs, the tuner that then added more bugs, the Roster updates without the Portraits, then without the play by play---its almost January before you can even "get going"

BUT even after all that, the game has bizarre traits, obscure AI, and almost feels unstable (players facing the wrong way, sticks going through boards, bad animations after goals)---and feels like it could just crash at any point....Then of course the creators comfound the problem with "the latest" Tuner or Patch , which then creates "new" game play anomilies, thus setting the User back to the drawing board---AGAIN
Its simply not enjoyable, and incredibley frustrating . It shouldnt be this difficult!

60 Games into my Off Line Season, and the settings which "PREVIOUSLY" worked, now seem to be more random then ever, have forced me (before the risk of divorce lol) to take a NHL22 break, and powered up my vintage copy of MLB THE SHOW 19.....and can not belive just how fluid, solid and superior the game is (even the outdated 19 version)--compared to the NHL 22....
The contrast , not just visually, but "under the hood" is startling.
Exactly!!!

That's why it's so important that they make the Tuner option work like it did a few years ago (it used to be this way) where you could select any of the previous tuners

So if you are using tuner 1.3 and tuner 1.4 is released....maybe you try to get tuner 1.4 working and it's just not quite right, you can then go back to tuner 1.3. Let's say it's two months and couple more tuners later and you're on tuner 1.6 which makes the game play like complete garbage for you....then you have the option of going back to 1.5, 1.4 or even back to 1.3 which you knew worked great two months ago

It's something that used to be in the game and should not be difficult for them put in....that solves the problem and your customer/consumer is much happier

It's absolutely ridiculous that we can only choose 1.00 (out of the box default) or LATEST. God forbid both 1.00 and whatever version LATEST is suck and you can't get the game to play even remotely close to what you like....you're essentially stuck with no good option until the next tuner release which you have to pray to god works well

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »