Home

Old 09-22-2023, 10:41 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: UFC 5 closed beta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealthhh
You don't wanna get hit because if you get cut or have your eyes swell up, it's downhill from there... that is unless you change your gameplan and fight smart. I really wanna talk about the beta because I'm loving it, but I'm obviously not cuz I don't wanna get in trouble. I'm just gonna say wait till you play the game, it's just a different experience. Much more realistic.
I understand that, isnt it time based only tho? after 30 seconds the health events no longer punish you?

Regardless, saying that "you dont want to get hit" and then allowing to throw an insane super unrealistic amount of strikes because every1 is a cardio machine out there makes no sense.

If you want me to protect my injured area, or to fight smarter, or to make sure i dont expose myself to crazy damage, that probably starts with making sure people cant throw billion strikes in a round, otherwise you are just encouraging "do as i say not as i do" crap...

At the very least, sim mode should be applied to online fighting, how is this not common sense? You are show casing new damage and health events, what goes better with a sim style fight where those can be applied properly? Like people said before, plenty of ways to go into other modes if you want to just box and throw bombs, that should not be the primary setting tho across the game types.

Last edited by HypeRNT; 09-22-2023 at 10:43 PM.
Old 09-22-2023, 11:11 PM   #50
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by HypeRNT
I understand that, isnt it time based only tho? after 30 seconds the health events no longer punish you?

Regardless, saying that "you dont want to get hit" and then allowing to throw an insane super unrealistic amount of strikes because every1 is a cardio machine out there makes no sense.

If you want me to protect my injured area, or to fight smarter, or to make sure i dont expose myself to crazy damage, that probably starts with making sure people cant throw billion strikes in a round, otherwise you are just encouraging "do as i say not as i do" crap...

At the very least, sim mode should be applied to online fighting, how is this not common sense? You are show casing new damage and health events, what goes better with a sim style fight where those can be applied properly? Like people said before, plenty of ways to go into other modes if you want to just box and throw bombs, that should not be the primary setting tho across the game types.
Yeah 30 seconds, but just dm me man cuz idk what I can and can't say
Old 09-22-2023, 11:16 PM   #51
Pro

Also I think EA doesn't wanna show much because they wanna surprise people until they actually play it, and simulation mode was confirmed in an article.

Last edited by Stealthhh; 09-22-2023 at 11:20 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2023, 01:12 AM   #52
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealthhh
Also I think EA doesn't wanna show much because they wanna surprise people until they actually play it, and simulation mode was confirmed in an article.
im chilling i dont need to dm its all good, im just saying there should not be a thing like others confirmed from playing a beta were a fighter is throwing 200+ strikes in 1 round and his stamina is perfectly fine while thru the other side of EAs mouth u are telling me to "be careful because our damage system is so realistic" like how am i supposed to be careful if u allow someone to spam that much, if sim mode prevents some of that spamming it should be default for all modes aside from arcady ones like stand up only or something.

Nothing to leak or reveal here, just common sense stuff
Old 09-23-2023, 02:05 AM   #53
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by HypeRNT
im chilling i dont need to dm its all good, im just saying there should not be a thing like others confirmed from playing a beta were a fighter is throwing 200+ strikes in 1 round and his stamina is perfectly fine while thru the other side of EAs mouth u are telling me to "be careful because our damage system is so realistic" like how am i supposed to be careful if u allow someone to spam that much, if sim mode prevents some of that spamming it should be default for all modes aside from arcady ones like stand up only or something.

Nothing to leak or reveal here, just common sense stuff
Yeah I'm on the fence about the stamina, fighters can throw a lot BUT counters are much more effective now. There are some things that are gonna be gamechanging once players find out about them. Pressure won't be as OP.
Old 09-23-2023, 03:07 AM   #54
MVP

Yaari's Arena

You can talk about the beta just fine tbh, just don't make a video about it. Entire Reddit is full of impressions.

And the key distribution has been nonsense too. Most just went to resellers or scammers made a buck. Somehow all the streamers found themself with a key (the usual). And there were additional giveaways so it definitely wasnt limited to just the beta sign-up on the website at all.

Absolute nonsense.

Last edited by Yaari; 09-23-2023 at 03:14 AM.
Old 09-23-2023, 03:26 AM   #55
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaari
Somehow all the streamers found themself with a key (the usual). And there were additional giveaways so it definitely wasnt limited to just the beta sign-up on the website at all.

Absolute nonsense.

That doesn't make sense to you? It's the best possible way to disseminate. You can argue why lots of us haven't received keys as that shouldn't damage sales in any way, but why not give it to influencers? They want them to have a bigger reach, so people without a key will watch them where otherwise they wouldn't. It's known that games that get coverage from influencers do sell a bit better.

It's just a beta. Tomorrow it's already over.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2023, 03:47 AM   #56
MVP

Yaari's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackman316
That doesn't make sense to you? It's the best possible way to disseminate. You can argue why lots of us haven't received keys as that shouldn't damage sales in any way, but why not give it to influencers? They want them to have a bigger reach, so people without a key will watch them where otherwise they wouldn't. It's known that games that get coverage from influencers do sell a bit better.

It's just a beta. Tomorrow it's already over.
Makes every bit of sense. Just annoyed and ranting. I wish my efforts weren't forgotten, I put a lot of time into it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »