Home

Still NO real STOPPING POWER in EA UFC 2

This is a discussion on Still NO real STOPPING POWER in EA UFC 2 within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-29-2016, 08:27 PM   #177
Handling it

fishingtime's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Still NO real STOPPING POWER in EA UFC 2

I don't know how much input the GC's had on striking, but that was my initial reason for not wanting two from the forums to go that referenced fighting games so much. One would have been fine. They are great guys, but I feel they actually wanted this type of system from their comments on how things work in arcade fighting games. They may have absolutely nothing to do with it, but that was my concern.

Last edited by fishingtime; 05-29-2016 at 08:30 PM. Reason: clarification
Old 05-29-2016, 09:01 PM   #178
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingtime
I don't know how much input the GC's had on striking, but that was my initial reason for not wanting two from the forums to go that referenced fighting games so much. One would have been fine. They are great guys, but I feel they actually wanted this type of system from their comments on how things work in arcade fighting games. They may have absolutely nothing to do with it, but that was my concern.
Yh they may or they may not...who know's. But the fact is it's becoming obvious that EA is trying to plz the casual fan base a bit too much as far as the striking goes. Right now it is more arcade than sim imo, which isn't cool for an mma game. Idk who handles the striking, but i'd really like to know what EA's aim is as far as the striking system goes. I know they have always been about the brawly striking, but where did the over rewarding combos thing come from? I don't want to feel like i'm playing an arcade fighter when I'm striking in an mma game...I want it to feel like mma striking.
Old 05-30-2016, 05:39 AM   #179
Rookie

I think the stun capacity and stopping power of a strike should be based on:

Force of the strike – I think the force of a strike should always be based on stamina, instead what happens in this game is stamina only effects striking force when it reaches 0 or very close to it. I don’t think it should be like this at all, your stamina level should always effect the force of your strikes no matter what level your stamina is, for example 100% stamina = 100 strike force, 88% stamina = 88 striking force, 43% stamina = 43 strike force, 10% stamina = 10 strike force e.t.c.

Distance from the opponent – being to close or far from the opponent depending on the strike should lessen its effectiveness, for example a straight thats thrown at such a distance that it barely touches the opponent nose should not do as much damage as a straight thrown at optimum distance

Where the strike lands – if a single strike lands flush on the jaw, chin or temple at full force (full stamina) at optimum distance it should produce a 99% knock out/stagger chance, no matter the situation, if it lands at half that stamina at optimum distance it should produce a 49% knock out/stagger chance, if it lands at quarter stamina at optimum distance it should produce a 24% knock out/stagger chance .e.t.c.

There's a lot more I could suggest and a lot more that I think should be included/changed about the game but I think the above should definitely be included, I think it would promote picking your shots and properly put stopping power in the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »