Home

Still NO real STOPPING POWER in EA UFC 2

This is a discussion on Still NO real STOPPING POWER in EA UFC 2 within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-03-2016, 05:23 PM   #97
Rookie

Mrbluray's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Still NO real STOPPING POWER in EA UFC 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarMMA
EA MMA's one hit ko's had the perfect logic behind them. It was just like how it is irl. You could pull off those Conor/Aldo type of moments. They already had used stuff from EA MMA. All they had to do was put the same kind of logic to their one hit ko's that EA MMA had. But no instead of doing that, they choose to remove it from the game lol.
EA MMA also sold horribly and got bad review scores...
Old 05-03-2016, 05:24 PM   #98
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

Beta Stream -- Brian Hayes -- "I don't want 1-shot KOs in this game; if you get knocked out, I want you to know why you got knocked out, not some random occurrence"

^^^ Fail

I agree we don't want 'pure randomness' but not having 1-shot KOs in this game hurts my soul.

Unfortunately I don't remember EA MMA that much it's been way too long and I've ingested way too many chemicals LOL I need to boot that game up for the first time since 2011 and test out those 1-shot KOs again
FNR4 Gamestop Vegas Tournament Qualifier
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

UFC 3 LEC: 2x Diamond; 6x Plat.
@Boiler569 on Twitter & Twitch
Old 05-03-2016, 05:25 PM   #99
Handling it

fishingtime's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarMMA
Not sure. Think it was vulnerability windows, but yh it was replicated damn near every time. When you got one hit ko'd and saw the replay, you couldn't really complain cuz it was legit. Most times you either ran into a strike or got caught by one while you where in mid strike, just like how most one hit ko's happen irl.
How was that even remotely sim then lol. One hit KOs are pretty rare in real life too. They do happen, but never would the result be the same every time.
Old 05-03-2016, 05:27 PM   #100
Banned

drinklime's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingtime
How was that even remotely sim then lol. One hit KOs are pretty rare in real life too. They do happen, but never would the result be the same every time.
Physics don't change.
Old 05-03-2016, 05:27 PM   #101
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boiler569
Beta Stream -- Brian Hayes -- "I don't want 1-shot KOs in this game; if you get knocked out, I want you to know why you got knocked out, not some random occurrence"

^^^ Fail

I agree we don't want 'pure randomness' but not having 1-shot KOs in this game hurts my soul.

Unfortunately I don't remember EA MMA that much it's been way too long and I've ingested way too many chemicals LOL I need to boot that game up for the first time since 2011 and test out those 1-shot KOs again
The problem is most people believe its randomness. I remember a ton of people saying that about EA MMA even though it was all caused by vulnerability windows.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2016, 05:37 PM   #102
Banned

Quote:
It was not a for sure one hit ko... very rare actually. Once you hit them in that window it was a roll of the dice. Most of the time it was a rock or they just got dropped. Rarely did it ever just one hit ko. It was perfect.
Old 05-03-2016, 05:38 PM   #103
Banned

The bleed through on block was also perfect on EA Mma
Old 05-03-2016, 05:44 PM   #104
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Quote:
I'm not saying it was sim lol. I'm just saying it was more realistic and similar to how one hit ko's play out irl. Plus it didn't happen every single time you hit them in the window, but that increased the chances of it happening. You watch mma enough so i'm sure you know most times it's getting caught flush by a hard shot, getting caught mid strike or running into a strike that results in flash ko's most times. That's the point i'm getting at really...the way the flash ko's happened. It wasn't just some random strike that caused it.

Last edited by WarMMA; 05-03-2016 at 05:48 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »