Home

Still NO real STOPPING POWER in EA UFC 2

This is a discussion on Still NO real STOPPING POWER in EA UFC 2 within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-03-2016, 05:59 PM   #105
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Still NO real STOPPING POWER in EA UFC 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrbluray
EA MMA also sold horribly and got bad review scores...
That still doesn't change the fact that the game had probably the most realistic flash ko's out off any mma game ever made.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2016, 06:13 PM   #106
Handling it

fishingtime's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by neyney00
It was not a for sure one hit ko... very rare actually. Once you hit them in that window it was a roll of the dice. Most of the time it was a rock or they just got dropped. Rarely did it ever just one hit ko. It was perfect.
See, that is why I wish they had a different control scheme for that game. I tried the beta and could not stand the button grappling. Just didn't feel right. The roll of the dice is the same as the randomness though in EA UFC 1 though. With different and better circumstances though it sounds like from what you are saying. At least they made sense.
Old 05-03-2016, 10:25 PM   #107
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
The problem is most people believe its randomness. I remember a ton of people saying that about EA MMA even though it was all caused by vulnerability windows.
No randomness. You always knew why you got knocked out. There were a few situations where it was too much of a sure thing like parry a high kick and throw a high kick or fake td to overhand. But overall it was a great system that took skill to create the right situation.

I think a lot of the poor reviews were in the complexity of the game. It took a lot of time to get good and most never did.
Old 05-03-2016, 10:26 PM   #108
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingtime
See, that is why I wish they had a different control scheme for that game. I tried the beta and could not stand the button grappling. Just didn't feel right. The roll of the dice is the same as the randomness though in EA UFC 1 though. With different and better circumstances though it sounds like from what you are saying. At least they made sense.

They had two control schemes. You could switch and punch with the buttons and grapple with the sticks. That is how nice played
Old 05-03-2016, 10:43 PM   #109
Handling it

fishingtime's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abstrakt fists
They had two control schemes. You could switch and punch with the buttons and grapple with the sticks. That is how nice played
Yeah, but the transitions were like this one, and the game just felt weird to me. The sub system I could never grasp either. I had no clue what I was supposed to do. Just a bad outing for someone who took time to learn Undisputed and didn't want to learn another game. That demo really killed it for me though.
Old 05-03-2016, 11:32 PM   #110
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingtime
Yeah, but the transitions were like this one, and the game just felt weird to me. The sub system I could never grasp either. I had no clue what I was supposed to do. Just a bad outing for someone who took time to learn Undisputed and didn't want to learn another game. That demo really killed it for me though.

Yeah they did a patch that changed everything. Prior to the patch the game was a bit off. If I remember correctly choke and joint subs were different mini games I liked the chokes.
Old 05-03-2016, 11:47 PM   #111
Handling it

fishingtime's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abstrakt fists
Yeah they did a patch that changed everything. Prior to the patch the game was a bit off. If I remember correctly choke and joint subs were different mini games I liked the chokes.
The sub mini game itself was horrible. Then the x-ray vision of the bone sealed its fate for me. I was just like, "seriously?!". Wish I would have given it more of a try though. The whole EA didn't believe MMA was a sport also turned me off to it initially. I'm not the type of person who likes a company that didn't want to do something, then did after seeing it have success elsewhere. They should have picked the game up from the start. Could you imagine the games they would have now if they would have taken the UFC up on the games back then? I know a lot of people complain about this game, but in my opinion it is the best MMA game to date. Is it perfect? Definitely not. Is it better than previous games? Definitely. There are more things they can do though, and who knows, it might have been best that they didn't take it up when they did because we probably wouldn't have had the Fight Night team on it, and GPD.

I don't think people realize how important GPD is to the series. The ground game is some next level ****. Definitely beats any other grappling system easily. I don't care what anyone says, when I watch the ground battles it feels like I'm watching two high level grapplers going at it. Definitely needs some work in areas that only have two escapes, and slow transitions to where you can't fake properly.

The momentum suggested by ZHunter, and implemented by GPD and his team is just another thing they added that really make the ground game phenomenal.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2016, 12:38 AM   #112
Rookie

I think it is the best game to date as well. I have my complaints but always will when I play a game this much. The devs made huge improvements from the last game and hopefully will continue to make this level of improvement over the next few games.

It's a complex sport to try and capture especially while still appealing to the masses. It can only get so complex before it is only for people like us.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »