Home

Still NO real STOPPING POWER in EA UFC 2

This is a discussion on Still NO real STOPPING POWER in EA UFC 2 within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-03-2016, 12:32 PM   #81
Rookie

info0's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Still NO real STOPPING POWER in EA UFC 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by GUCCI
Devs take note of this video. This guy clearly knows what he is talking about. I'm voting for him to be gamechanger for ea ufc 3.

Here you go. Watch this. I want to see such things in UFC licensed game. Too much to ask?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2016, 12:37 PM   #82
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spc Garza
Wow i dont know what to say about your video from what i can tell you just want every single spinning kick to be a 1 hit KO? Your not setting anything up in a real manner and not playing the game in a realistic manner.
I think what he was trying to show is just how much damage fighters are able to take, even after getting rocked. Also the game only lets you play realistically to a certain extent cuz certain strikes in the game lack hit stun, pretty much limiting the strikes you can use and forcing you to want to use things like the combo multiplier and modified strikes more often to get desired effects. For example, without the help of perks, high move levels, reach advantage or combo multiplier, I cant use moves like a teep kick to the body or a switch leg kick. Why? Cuz without the stipulations mentioned above, the moves are useless cuz they lacks hit stun. At that point it's only good for allowing your opponent to tag you with a few free strikes while your strike animation is in play. There are a few moves in the game like this. This kind of thing caters to spammers and brawlers and kinda limits the game of ppl who wanna fight realistically, by not allowing them to use a more full arsenal of moves by themselves. Moves that should get a bit of hit stun realistically, but have none in the game without the help of the things mentioned above.

Last edited by WarMMA; 05-03-2016 at 12:39 PM.
Old 05-03-2016, 12:40 PM   #83
Banned

GUCCI's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by info0

Here you go. Watch this. I want to see such things in UFC licensed game. Too much to ask?
When I watch this video it reminds me of playing unfisputed 3
Old 05-03-2016, 12:45 PM   #84
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by info0

We cant have it both ways though.

Take the Evans/Salmon fight highlight. In that fight, Evans was actually losing the fight. He lost the first round and was looking much better in the second. Evans landed the head kick and the fight was over.

Now I would love to see that in UFC 2. The problem is half of the people here would call that kick random and bitch about the KO if that happened to them.

"I was dominating the fight and he landed one head kick and won the fight. This game ****ing sucks".

This is one area where I preferred UFC Undisputed 3. I can play that game right now and if I face Cro Cop and he kicks me in the head 2-3 times...im in trouble. It wasnt one head kick but you werent able to take massive strikes and walk through them.
Old 05-03-2016, 12:56 PM   #85
Banned

GUCCI's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32

Take the Evans/Salmon fight highlight. In that fight, Evans was actually losing the fight. He lost the first round and was looking much better in the second. Evans landed the head kick and the fight was over.

Now I would love to see that in UFC 2. The problem is half of the people here would call that kick random and bitch about the KO if that happened to them.

"I was dominating the fight and he landed one head kick and won the fight. This game ****ing sucks".

This is one area where I preferred UFC Undisputed 3. I can play that game right now and if I face Cro Cop and he kicks me in the head 2-3 times...im in trouble. It wasnt one head kick but you werent able to take massive ystrikes and walk through them.
I agree.

The competitive players say they want a sim game but what they really want is everything balanced. They hate 1 shot ko's, rocks through there block etc..

I think they need to focus more on realism and what the offline players want.

I'm more an online player but I prefer realism over everything balanced.

Idc if I would lose a fight by 1 perfect timed head kick. That would be awesome imo.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2016, 01:04 PM   #86
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

Quote:
This is one area where I preferred UFC Undisputed 3. I can play that game right now and if I face Cro Cop and he kicks me in the head 2-3 times...im in trouble. It wasnt one head kick but you werent able to take massive strikes and walk through them.
I haven't played UD3 in ages, but if I remember right, it felt a little harder to land high kicks in that game, but when you did, they were pretty brutal.

Man, I used to play that game soooooo much. Getting all nostalgic lately.
Super random, but I loved that you could wear a Gi top to the cage during your walkout in that game!!

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports
Old 05-03-2016, 01:17 PM   #87
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by GUCCI
I agree.

The competitive players say they want a sim game but what they really want is everything balanced. They hate 1 shot ko's, rocks through there block etc..

I think they need to focus more on realism and what the offline players want.

I'm more an online player but I prefer realism over everything balanced.

Idc if I would lose a fight by 1 perfect timed head kick. That would be awesome imo.
I would love to see that I just dont think its ever gonna happen. Even though the numbers show that the game is still played offline primarily, the focus seems to be online.

For example, I loved the leg kick damage in the beta. I thought it could be toned down a little but I thought it was realistic. You could take someone like Thiago Alves and do real damage with leg kicks offline.

The problem was people online were exploiting the leg kick rocks and the majority of online players complained. So they nerfed the damage significantly.
Old 05-03-2016, 01:20 PM   #88
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Quote:

Exactly. That's how it should be. UD3 damage wasn't perfect cuz they still had accumulitive damage, but the damage delt by strikes was more realistic and stopping power and hit stun was consistent. You were not gonna be walking and swinging through stuff. Even the smaller moves like push kicks to the body, body kicks or hard leg kicks had a little hit stun, which made them more useful. And if you got tagged by a hard shot you took decent damage and could only take a few before you ended up getting rocked. This game you can eat hard shot after hard shot.

Last edited by WarMMA; 05-03-2016 at 01:25 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »