Home

Still NO real STOPPING POWER in EA UFC 2

This is a discussion on Still NO real STOPPING POWER in EA UFC 2 within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-02-2016, 01:51 PM   #65
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Still NO real STOPPING POWER in EA UFC 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by norml
Do you really think they would publicly admit it if they did? I doubt it.
They were pretty open about the issues they had with the grappling system in UFC 1 before they even announced the grappling changes for UFC 2.

They have been very transparent about their issues with the AI in UFC 1 and Skynet has been very straightforward about the challenges that he still faces with it in UFC 2.

I'm not expecting them to say "We hate the striking system in UFC 1" but I wouldnt be shocked if the devs said "There are still some things that we'd like to tweak about striking and we hope to address those through patches and in a new game if its released." The fact is they havent said much about it.

Now that doesnt mean that they are 100% happy with the striking but they havent indicated that the system they put in place isnt working how they intended.

Thats my point. I dont think the system is broken. I just dont think the system is the best one for an MMA game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2016, 01:56 PM   #66
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalformedDC2009
Back on the old forums, it was implied by GPD that the discrepancy between ground and standing strikes could be changed down the road. But he wanted to wait for additional feedback first. I heard him enter this discussion on the old forums twice, and he asked which way we wanted to fix this discrepancy. Either by tuning GNP or standing strikes.

My vote is still, and always has been, for increasing stopping power in standing strikes. I will play much more again when they fix this broken stand up game.
Yup I remember this

I (and many others) pleaded that they do NOT touch ground damage; as it's just about perfect!

Instead, up the standup damage!

And (just as importantly) --- decrease the amount of damage your block can absorb --- STANDING that is. It's perfectly tuned for the ground IMO --- you can block a few big strikes, but not 7 or 8! Whereas standing...people can block dozens of significant strikes, per round, with little to NO bleedthru.
FNR4 Gamestop Vegas Tournament Qualifier
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

UFC 3 LEC: 2x Diamond; 6x Plat.
@Boiler569 on Twitter & Twitch
Old 05-02-2016, 02:02 PM   #67
MVP

Bigg Cee's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boiler569
Yup I remember this

I (and many others) pleaded that they do NOT touch ground damage; as it's just about perfect!
Instead, up the standup damage!

And (just as importantly) --- decrease the amount of damage your block can absorb --- STANDING that is. It's perfectly tuned for the ground IMO --- you can block a few big strikes, but not 7 or 8! Whereas standing...people can block dozens of significant strikes, per round, with little to NO bleedthru.
The ground is perfect!
Old 05-02-2016, 02:47 PM   #68
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

The one thing I would REALLY love to see is a real deteriorating block in stand up.

It really aggravates me that everyone just holds high block constantly. Not only does it look extremely stupid, but it can be hard to actually hit these guys if they have alright movement, and you just end up whiffing your body strikes.

Obviously you can clinch/take them down, or cut the cage off and then your body strikes will land, but it doesn't make sense that high block just gives you a force field with no drawbacks whatsoever.

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports
Old 05-02-2016, 03:04 PM   #69
MVP

I would love if they get rid of the combo multiplier... i get really mad with those guys playing like king of fighter... just landing pre made combos
Old 05-02-2016, 03:59 PM   #70
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrbluray
Perhaps EA UFC just isn't your type of game. I mean, it's the type of game that EA Sports generally makes. They're not going to make a type of game that is outside their specialty.
Perhaps. I still enjoy the game though. I just hate the fact that horrible players can get away with certain things cuz of how the striking is. Like literally certain strikes in this game are only good for allowing your opponent free strikes.

Last edited by WarMMA; 05-02-2016 at 04:58 PM.
Old 05-02-2016, 11:27 PM   #71
Handling it

fishingtime's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haz____
The one thing I would REALLY love to see is a real deteriorating block in stand up.

It really aggravates me that everyone just holds high block constantly. Not only does it look extremely stupid, but it can be hard to actually hit these guys if they have alright movement, and you just end up whiffing your body strikes.

Obviously you can clinch/take them down, or cut the cage off and then your body strikes will land, but it doesn't make sense that high block just gives you a force field with no drawbacks whatsoever.
Already gave a suggestion on this. Make holding block like that fatigue the arms. (Redden them) UFC 1 they made you lose stamina for holding block. That didn't work so great, but it wasn't bad because weak block was so strong that you needed them to lose stamina for sitting on it. The block here is a bracing block. Which means you would actually tire your arms out from bracing for impact. Hold your block up and act like someone is going to punch you and you are bracing for it. Now hold this for what would be long periods of time due to the accelerated clock. Now tell me your arms aren't tired from bracing yourself for extended periods of time. If you say they aren't, then you would be lying. You don't see fighters holding their block like this. Roy Nelson has, but he would only brace when a strike would come in. Fatiguing the arms for doing this would make the block break down quicker. Allowing you to damage their head more through the block.

If you change the strike values, you make Ultimate Team unplayable without a higher OVR fighter. Which means people who already take damage easier from lower stats will have that much more of a problem trying to fight these higher OVR players. Ultimate Team is basically dead now. Why? Because they changed something that effected another aspect negatively. Which would essentially kill the mode for any new players. That is already being done enough by allowing people to delete fighters and start back off in Division 1. Adding more damage to strikes would essentially kill Ultimate Team for any new players who aren't willing to shell out a lot of money just to compete.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2016, 12:21 AM   #72
Banned

MalformedDC2009's Arena

They just need to implement smarter matchmaking in UT.
The stats of your fighter should, to some degree, determine the division you are in so that there aren't hugely mismatched fights. Also, lowering the stat caps in UT would be another option if they can't implement smarter matchmaking.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »