Home

Still NO real STOPPING POWER in EA UFC 2

This is a discussion on Still NO real STOPPING POWER in EA UFC 2 within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-01-2016, 08:08 PM   #41
MVP

SUGATA's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Still NO real STOPPING POWER in EA UFC 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyboi207
It depends who's throwing the punch, whether or not I can see it coming etc. It's not easy to land a perfect strike to the liver to "stun" someone.

It's also possible to hit someone after getting caught with a head kick. Should it happen everytime? Of course not. I still agree that single damage strikes should be buffed so that we get more hit stuns for heavier strikes. But the idea that all these strikes should have consistent striking power is ridiculous. Robbie Lawler can walk through a punch easier than CM Punk would be able to.
In aadition to hit stun from damage you will get hit stun by kinetic energy which is pushing you away so to perform a strong strike you need time to regain a balance.
In EA UFC 2 you can to respond with a strike immediately because in 80% you dont loose your balance.

I am not talking about the constant _identical all the time_ stopping power/hit stun for one type of strike, no. I agree that there are many factors which take a role in summary results so the same strike may cause different effects in different conditions.
But in EA UFC 2 we in 90% have the same strike with the same effects in different conditions, and this effect has not stopping power. This is the problem.
EA needs to make new striking mchanic which is TRULY based on real world physics and dynamic, strikes with amplitude (F=m*a).
But now EA UFC 2 mechanic is based on scripts scenarios (ex. punch is crushing kicks) not on real time physics.

Last edited by SUGATA; 05-01-2016 at 08:11 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2016, 09:06 PM   #42
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Exactly. That's what is needed. Real consistent stopping power. Meaning the stopping power is tied to the strikes themselves and not stamina. That's silly to tie it to stamina only. If a hard shot lands flush it should cause hit reaction consistently. Also there are certain strikes that hardly ever cause hit stun in this game that should. The teep to the body, the switch leg kick, rear leg kick, ect. All these strikes do nothing and basically allows the opponent to freely swing at you while your strike animation plays out.
Old 05-01-2016, 09:27 PM   #43
Banned

MalformedDC2009's Arena

Real consistent stopping power. Meaning the stopping power is tied to the strikes themselves and not stamina.

This is what I want.
Old 05-01-2016, 10:54 PM   #44
MVP

SwedishTouch76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarMMA
Exactly. That's what is needed. Real consistent stopping power. Meaning the stopping power is tied to the strikes themselves and not stamina. That's silly to tie it to stamina only. If a hard shot lands flush it should cause hit reaction consistently. Also there are certain strikes that hardly ever cause hit stun in this game that should. The teep to the body, the switch leg kick, rear leg kick, ect. All these strikes do nothing and basically allows the opponent to freely swing at you while your strike animation plays out.
I have a 5 star spinning body kick in UT that essentially gives my opponent 2 free shots when I land it. Huh?
Old 05-02-2016, 05:56 AM   #45
MVP

SUGATA's Arena

2 main problems in EA UFC because of lack of stopping power:
1) Early landed strike does not crush/interrupt starting opponent strike:
- as a result after successfully landed strike (clear hit) i am getting in "reward" still continued opponent's strike in my recovery phase (returning limb).

2) Just after getting clear hit opponent can immediate;y w/o delay launch his strike because there are no hit stun from strikes:
- so you can not to plan your strikes and series because you never know what you will get after it in exchange

How to fix it:
- Strike stopping power must depends on: stats, stamina, endurance, amplitude (short reach has advantage on short distance, long - on long), may be a bit on combo multiuplier (for gameplay), from counter opportunity for single strikes (more multiplier after parry/evade (whiff strike)/counter on opponent startup phase).
- More stopping power deals more damage and Hit stun (pause before opponent will be possible to action)
- When opponent in hit stun - he can immediately to Block but not to launch strike
- successful Block deals opponent a Block stun, for him - an advantage for his actions.
> NEW striking Gameplay:
- block or evade opponent actions for more advantage for your follow up strikes
- then start striking series
- but if your strikes where blocked or whiff - you in disadvantage and stop striking and go to block to regain advantage.
= this will solve ALL problems with eternal threads about striking issues in EA UFC 1-2: Hook spam, no stopping power, dicbalance between short and long reach fighters!

Devs, if you read this - please react to this thread and post your comments about currnet striking mechanic and how are you going to fix it! Thanks in advance.

Last edited by SUGATA; 05-02-2016 at 06:07 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2016, 09:52 AM   #46
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

I doubt the devs are going to go into much depth about future striking changes. Especially if most of those changes are planned for a future version of the game. With that said, it doesnt hurt to ask. I'd be interested to hear what they are going to do.
Old 05-02-2016, 10:50 AM   #47
Banned

drinklime's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I doubt the devs are going to go into much depth about future striking changes. Especially if most of those changes are planned for a future version of the game. With that said, it doesnt hurt to ask. I'd be interested to hear what they are going to do.
I sincerely hope not. This needs fixed.
Old 05-02-2016, 11:23 AM   #48
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Honestly it's annoying as hell that they have taken this approach 2 games in a row. For two games it's been this brawly striking to appease casuals when alot of them don't even like it this way tbh. We asked for stopping power and they gave us a spam catering version of it. It's almost as if they looked for a way to add it, while still looking for a way to allow the casuals to "brawl"(spam and button mash) to their hearts content. Thus we dont have true consistent stopping power in strikes and we have certain strikes in the game that pretty much do nothing and allow your opponent free strikes lol. The striking is also very floaty and clunky in this game too...aside from the constant trips, it didn't feel so much like this in UFC 1.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »