Home

EA UFC Stat Change Request Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on EA UFC Stat Change Request Discussion Thread within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-01-2018, 12:11 PM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: EA UFC Stat Change Request Discussion Thread

Lyoto Machida:
Endurance should be 90-92
Heart should be 88-90
Blocking/Head Movement should probably go down to a bit but I'm unsure how much is competitively character damaging.
Counter Punching Perk should be 3-4
Marathoner Perk could be at lvl 2-3

Why endurance: He has been to 14 decisions in his career, 3 of which went the full 5 rounds. While he did begin to fade in the Weidman/Shogun fights, those were primarily down to the damage he received. Even then, in the Weidman fight he was fighting fresher than Chris was, unloading combos until the final bell. Weidman comparatively has 90 cardio. In the Mousasi fight, he was still fresh by the end of the 5th.

Why heart: Refusing to tap in the Jones fight, hurt multiple times in the Weidman fight and still coming forward even when he was down 3 rounds he burst out of the gates for r4. Took a beating from Rockhold R1 and still kept in there.

Why blocking/head movement: Lyoto rarely blocks, you just don't see it at all. The rare exception is the Bader KO where he had learned from the Jones fight, but he is more about darting in and out and not getting hit, rather than parrying or taking the shot. Just look at how he lunges back from strikes. The same applies for head movement as he doesn't roll with the punches. He may move his head or do weird little movements, but they are normally setups/tricks for other strikes. See the Jones fight where he moves a bit, lunges in without taking his head off center and gets clocked.

Why counter punching: Its the focus of his entire fight style, hit and not get hit. While he has definitely lost several steps of speed as of late, his style is driven on making people miss and then countering with fast shots - just see his Bader fight for example.

Why marathoner: You don't see Machida stand still in a fight, he is always on the move. This style of fighting the game is not well represented, and I've found trying to mirror this style doesn't work so well without this perk.
Old 02-01-2018, 12:18 PM   #74
MVP

Figher: Marlon Moraes

Basically all of his striking stats need a little buff, like 1-2 points, basically bumping him from 88-89 across the board to 90-91 across the board. This would bring him into line with the guys like Dodson and Assuncao who he was at the very least competitive with and quite cleanly beat in my opinion. Other than that I think his stats are okay, although his takedown defence might need a little bump of 2-3 points to 90-91 as well.

I assume this is already on the devs radar though, as I think the ratings were locked before his 2 UFC wins.
Old 02-01-2018, 12:27 PM   #75
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Player2793
Lyoto Machida:
Endurance should be 90-92
Heart should be 88-90
Blocking/Head Movement should probably go down to a bit but I'm unsure how much is competitively character damaging.
Counter Punching Perk should be 3-4
Marathoner Perk could be at lvl 2-3

Why endurance: He has been to 14 decisions in his career, 3 of which went the full 5 rounds. While he did begin to fade in the Weidman/Shogun fights, those were primarily down to the damage he received. Even then, in the Weidman fight he was fighting fresher than Chris was, unloading combos until the final bell. Weidman comparatively has 90 cardio. In the Mousasi fight, he was still fresh by the end of the 5th.
Machida doesn't need high cardio stats, he throws 6 strikes a minute in most of his fights, which is a similar pace (It's actually slightly lower than their pace) to Woodley and Romero. Even in the last 2 rounds of the Weidman fight he only threw at 9 strikes per minute after being at a 4 strikes per minute pace the rest of the fight. Machida doesn't fade because he doesn't throw anything, not because he's got great cardio.

I think the rest of your comment is fine though
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2018, 12:56 PM   #76
Rookie

^ I would disagree a bit, in that there is more to cardio than just swinging shots. He is constantly feinting, darting in and out and setting his strikes up before committing.

It is parroted consistently that it takes a lot more energy to fight moving backwards, and its very rare that he isn't on the backfoot the entire fight prepping his strikes.

This seems to be true in EA UFC 3, although I could be mistaken, where I feel like my dashes/strikes moving back take more stamina. In which case, just the movement alone would get most people tired, but Lyoto keeps it consistent.
Old 02-01-2018, 01:05 PM   #77
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Player2793
^ I would disagree a bit, in that there is more to cardio than just swinging shots. He is constantly feinting, darting in and out and setting his strikes up before committing.

It is parroted consistently that it takes a lot more energy to fight moving backwards, and its very rare that he isn't on the backfoot the entire fight prepping his strikes.

This seems to be true in EA UFC 3, although I could be mistaken, where I feel like my dashes/strikes moving back take more stamina. In which case, just the movement alone would get most people tired, but Lyoto keeps it consistent.
Movement in UFC 3 takes very little stamina if you're diligent about staying off the fence and don't have to chain dashes, I just think that putting Machida's stamina up would allow him to fight at an unrealistically high pace.

And as for there being more to cardio than just throwing strikes, that's correct, but fighters who throw volume feint, dart and set things up too, they just also throw more, like Wonderboy and Gustaffson throw almost double what Machida does and they move and feint a lot too, which is why I think output is the best way to look at cardio, although you're obviously entitled to disagree.
Old 02-02-2018, 04:43 AM   #78
Banned

Derrick Lewis deserves gamechanger level 3 or 4.

His overhand is ridiculous

He also deserves “to your feet” level 3 or 4.

His ability to get up is amazing. Dude just stands up when he feels like it and is done resting on his back. Being able to just get up against a grappler like Roy Nelson is no joke.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MMA/comment...D3&sh=5622936c

Max Holloway also deserves at least 95 striking stamina. Fights at an insane pace and does not get tired at all

Garbrandy deserves untouchable level 4. His head movement is ridiculous. I know he just got KO’d but it happens against an opp like TJ

Last edited by Phillyboi207; 02-02-2018 at 04:48 AM.
Old 02-02-2018, 07:28 PM   #79
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

It's official, me and Haz deserve gift baskets. Got a problem with it, take it up with Kelvin.

Old 02-02-2018, 10:16 PM   #80
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Its an 87. A 90 would make him 6th in the division which is pretty high for someone coming off of a KO and who hasnt fought an elite striker in his career (unless you consider Ponz and Jouban elite).

87 doesnt make him "brittle chin man" though. It puts him in the middle of the division.
He currently has 19 guys with stronger chins dude. That's absurd. Diaz was koed by Thompson but his is a 95 (totally warrented). Just saying guys get caught. I stand by Gunner being a 90 chin. I can't recall another time he was rocked.

Then you compound that with his 85 head movement... 83 blocking... dude gunner doesn't get hit much. I just feel he's not justified in the stand up game. He's a pretty slick striker man.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »