Home

EA Sports UFC 3 Patch Adds New Fighters, Gameplay Additions, Fixes, AI Tuning & More

This is a discussion on EA Sports UFC 3 Patch Adds New Fighters, Gameplay Additions, Fixes, AI Tuning & More within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-06-2018, 12:37 PM   #153
Former EA Sports UFC Gameplay Developer

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: EA Sports UFC 3 Patch Adds New Fighters, Gameplay Additions, Fixes, AI Tuning & M

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJamesKraus
It was risky though because if you kept exiting out to one side, your opponent would read it and land a strike which would rock you.

I’d also argue that a lot of top level guys in the UFC can circle off the cage relatively easy. It could tie into the footwork.

There does need to be balance though since atm when you get put against the cage, you are basically trapped until your opponent stops throwing strikes.

The footwork is all in straight lines which doesn’t reflect these high level fighters at all.
The advanced lunge is not straight line at all, it's circular.

And with a footwork rating of 100, you'll circle out a full 90 degrees.
Old 03-06-2018, 12:38 PM   #154
Pro

TheJamesKraus's Arena

Re: EA Sports UFC 3 Patch Adds New Fighters, Gameplay Additions, Fixes, AI Tuning & M

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesbenz1993
Yeah I’m scared to go the distance cause you can be dominating and the judges won’t see it 😂
Yeah I’ve had a few shady decisions for and against me lol.

Adalaide Byrd must have been a secret addition into the patch.
Old 03-06-2018, 12:40 PM   #155
Pro

TheJamesKraus's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
The advanced lunge is not straight line at all, it's circular.

And with a footwork rating of 100, you'll circle out a full 90 degrees.
Is the advanced lunge the signature one?

You can feel the footwork with the top level guys but I still feel like it should be more apparent.

Take Wonderboy vs Hendricks as a prime example.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2018, 12:42 PM   #156
North of 60

Morgan Monkman's Arena

can someone descirbe the differences in lunges and how to do them?

thought i understood that there was a short lunge and far lunge?
Old 03-06-2018, 12:45 PM   #157
Rookie

I just do not understand the stamina mechanics in this game . I like the addition of losing stamina after a knockdown , but overall output of strikes does not reflect a real MMA fight at all. For example, in the Mcgregor vs Diaz 2 fight Mcgregor threw 322 strikes and Diaz threw 435 in a 5 round fight. Conor Mcgregor can throw about 120 strikes in the first round and still have a full bar of stamina going into the second and will keep that pace up the entire fight. What happen to stamina management?
Old 03-06-2018, 12:45 PM   #158
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan Monkman
can someone descirbe the differences in lunges and how to do them?

thought i understood that there was a short lunge and far lunge?
There are flick lunges just by flicking the movement stick (very short, I have campaigned for more range on these)

Advanced lunges by flicking the movement stick plus a technique modifier (longer)

Signature by flicking the movement stick plus a technical modifier (only certain people have this, they are mostly switch stance lunges)
Old 03-06-2018, 12:47 PM   #159
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyboi207
But that’s how easy it should be(assuming your fighter has high footwork). Just give lunges ridiculous vulnerability if you lunge into a strike.

Show me any clips of fighters with great footwork being stuck against the cage

It doesnt happen because they’re one lunge away from turning the corner.
My problem with 2 was that it lacked the high footwork caveat you just gave, literally any fighter could get around the opponent and off the fence in a single lunge when the vast majority of MMA fighters aren't great at that IRL. Like, Stefan Struve is awful at getting of the fence, as are Pettis, JDS and Rockhold, but they'd all circle the whole way around you with a single lunge in 2. The only problem I had with James Kraus' comment was "UFC 2 had this down", because I think it was too easy to get most fighters off the fence

Obviously it should be harder to keep fighters like Aldo, Wonderboy and Joanna against the cage than it currently is in 3, but I think it's about right for the Pettis' and JDS' of the world, you know?
Old 03-06-2018, 12:52 PM   #160
MVP

Knee spam still there and very effective ...

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »