Home

EA Sports UFC 3 Patch Adds New Fighters, Gameplay Additions, Fixes, AI Tuning & More

This is a discussion on EA Sports UFC 3 Patch Adds New Fighters, Gameplay Additions, Fixes, AI Tuning & More within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-07-2018, 06:55 AM   #233
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: EA Sports UFC 3 Patch Adds New Fighters, Gameplay Additions, Fixes, AI Tuning & M

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
Most of the people new to the series are playing career mode.
Do devs have the tools nowadays to analyse this?

Anyhow: Good that there's a patch that introduces some new stuff but there's still some painful points that haven't been fixed:

- Side saddle TKO's don't count as TKO's which is frustrating for the UT challenges.

- I can't watch ads anymore: they freeze all the time.

There were also several good suggestions I read for career mode that shouldn't take long to implement and haven't been included. Like extending the sparring mode optionally. 1 minute is nothing and if you want to train for a specific matchup, you'll have to quit career just to practice certain positions. Why not give the user the option to continue sparring? Why not give the option to keep on going after retirement? I just don't get it. I get that UT is the new focus point because it brings in more money, but even the content there is really lackluster compared to the previous game or FIFA.
Old 03-07-2018, 07:46 AM   #234
Pro

MeowingForVengeance's Arena

Re: EA Sports UFC 3 Patch Adds New Fighters...

Quote:
Originally Posted by xFINISHxHIMx
Maybe it's time for me to try career mode out finally. Could be fun after the newest patch... Playing the AI is really more fun than online players.
Career mode, while not perfect, is a lot of fun. Even more so since the patch. Give it a shot!
Old 03-07-2018, 07:57 AM   #235
Rookie

Re: EA Sports UFC 3 Patch Adds New Fighters, Gameplay Additions, Fixes, AI Tuning & M

I think the judging for decisions is super messed up right now. I had a fight where it was a 3 round fight, my opponent had 2 knockdowns on me catching me coming in for a takedown, that's it, barely any other strikes, but I had like 7 takedowns, multiple leg kicks, had complete ground control the whole fight, tons of ground and pound, transitioned to whatever position I wanted to, maintained top control through every round, multiple submission attempts that almost worked.

I thought it was obvious I was going to win I barely thought about it. Then I saw that it gave me a loss!? It was unbelievable. I've had a few other really screwed up decisions as well.

Also, I don't think they added enough stopping power to the jabs/straights to create space. It's basically still just as difficult to maintain distance against pressure fighters as it was pre-patch. They need to improve on that concept. Players also have already figured out ways around the ducking uppercut spam. So they didn't really fix that at all.

Basically, the changes they made to counter pressure inside fighters haven't really done anything.

That and the whole gameplay just feels a lot slower and sluggish, something I've been hearing everyone saying.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2018, 08:20 AM   #236
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serialboxeur
At the beginning we were 30 K and now only 6 K...
When did you see 30k on UFC 3?
Old 03-07-2018, 08:27 AM   #237
Banned

Quote:
Imagine jacare marching forward spamming body kicks. you catch them, and he blocks the strike.

You don't dare ever take him down, that's what he wants.

That would be a nightmare.

You need to be able to punish a caught body kick somehow, without the only option being a 50/50 option between head damage and a TD.
Make body kicks cost more stamina.

Right now it’s waaay too easy to catch and get free damage. Plus kicks are easily disrupted by punches. Right now body kicks arent very viable.

Edit: plus two easy counters to that scenario are just walking into punching range and knocking him out of the kick. Or if the footwork ever gets fixed we could stay at kick range and simply back dash to make him whiff.

Last edited by Phillyboi207; 03-07-2018 at 08:31 AM.
Old 03-07-2018, 09:32 AM   #238
Former EA Sports UFC Gameplay Developer

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyboi207
Make body kicks cost more stamina.

Right now it’s waaay too easy to catch and get free damage. Plus kicks are easily disrupted by punches. Right now body kicks arent very viable.

Edit: plus two easy counters to that scenario are just walking into punching range and knocking him out of the kick. Or if the footwork ever gets fixed we could stay at kick range and simply back dash to make him whiff.
It's a strike who's primary purpose is draining the opponents stamina. Making it cost more stamina is a bad idea. Makes the payoff for landing it less.

What you need is a punishment for someone who uses it predictably, not an extra penalty for people who use it correctly.

Sent from my Pixel using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 03-07-2018, 09:37 AM   #239
MVP

The stamina system is to broke cant accept a guy coming foward spamming hooks on the body and head and lose almost nothin just because hit the guard...its like the game encourages you to became a head movement spammer and brawler... I don’t like to play this way... so I’m done
Old 03-07-2018, 09:42 AM   #240
MVP

Quote:
It's a strike who's primary purpose is draining the opponents stamina. Making it cost more stamina is a bad idea. Makes the payoff for landing it less.

What you need is a punishment for someone who uses it predictably, not an extra penalty for people who use it correctly.

Sent from my Pixel using Operation Sports mobile app
It's not like catching it is the only way to punish predictable body kicks though, you can lean/duck through them and counter or you can time the wind up and counter or you can block it and counter or you can step slightly out of range and throw a counter kick during their recovery. In addition to all those counters, you can also catch them pretty easily and get a guaranteed heavy strike or almost guaranteed top position since nobody defends the takedowns (including the AI btw), that seems a little excessive to me and it makes body kicks not worth using a lot of the time IMO

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »