Home

EA Sports UFC 3 Patch Adds New Fighters, Gameplay Additions, Fixes, AI Tuning & More

This is a discussion on EA Sports UFC 3 Patch Adds New Fighters, Gameplay Additions, Fixes, AI Tuning & More within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-07-2018, 09:56 AM   #241
MVP

Serengeti1's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: EA Sports UFC 3 Patch Adds New Fighters, Gameplay Additions, Fixes, AI Tuning & M

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrindFactor
Also, I don't think they added enough stopping power to the jabs/straights to create space. It's basically still just as difficult to maintain distance against pressure fighters as it was pre-patch. They need to improve on that concept. Players also have already figured out ways around the ducking uppercut spam. So they didn't really fix that at all.

Basically, the changes they made to counter pressure inside fighters haven't really done anything.
Yup. Agreed. I feel like you shouldn't be able to move as fast holding block in general. People are still able to follow you around and stick to you like glue. Lunges should be better and more effective. There's a reason so many people say that. They're not very good for circling off the cage.

Last edited by Serengeti1; 03-07-2018 at 09:59 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2018, 10:13 AM   #242
MVP

Re: EA Sports UFC 3 Patch Adds New Fighters, Gameplay Additions, Fixes, AI Tuning & M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serengeti95
Yup. Agreed. I feel like you shouldn't be able to move as fast holding block in general. People are still able to follow you around and stick to you like glue. Lunges should be better and more effective. There's a reason so many people say that. They're not very good for circling off the cage.
And is even worse because now they get the stamina advantage even pressuring missing everything
Old 03-07-2018, 10:36 AM   #243
Rookie

Steez On Lock's Arena

What happened to Gracie's overhand/haymaker? I was able to be a threat with him standing up but it's tough without it
Old 03-07-2018, 10:46 AM   #244
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
When did you see 30k on UFC 3?
On xbox most I saw was 12k. Just jumped on to play a match before work and only 2400 were on. Took ten minutes to find a fight.
Old 03-07-2018, 10:50 AM   #245
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmlimo
The stamina system is to broke cant accept a guy coming foward spamming hooks on the body and head and lose almost nothin just because hit the guard...its like the game encourages you to became a head movement spammer and brawler... I don’t like to play this way... so I’m done
Exactly man this the root for a lot of the things people are complaining about
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2018, 11:15 AM   #246
Rookie

Too much work fighting on the outside. Guess im going to have to become an inside brawler like everyone else.
Old 03-07-2018, 07:03 PM   #247
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
I'd actually like to bring parries back, but it's not top priority right now.

I saw Evil97 post about the catch kick 50/50.

Trust me, it's way better with the free strike.

If we add the ability to block, we'd have to really nerf body kicks a ton.

And the 50/50 would be horrible for strikers. They'd have no option to punish while standing on the feet.

A catch kick would essentially mean a stamina hit while throwing into the block, or nothing.

We had the block working and it sucked.

Add a leg kick from there. Scale it to the legs and give it the same damage value as the punch to the head. Add an option to “block the kick” by hopping away or pushing with the caught foot.

Also, his community consists of a band of reactionary babies. “This patch is awesome! Sorry for giving up.” “No wait, it sucks and can’t be fixed. I’m leaving forever.” *Continues to play and actively post*

I’m hoping this is an age thing because I often forgot many of you just hit puberty and maybe that’s why you’re struggling to be reasonable. Believe me, we’ve all been there.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 03-07-2018, 07:09 PM   #248
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
It's a strike who's primary purpose is draining the opponents stamina. Making it cost more stamina is a bad idea. Makes the payoff for landing it less.

What you need is a punishment for someone who uses it predictably, not an extra penalty for people who use it correctly.

Sent from my Pixel using Operation Sports mobile app
That’s fair enough

Can the free strike do less damage? Especially now that rocks drain long term stamina. Body kicks are waaaay too dangerous to throw

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »