Home

EA Sports UFC 3 Patch Adds New Fighters, Gameplay Additions, Fixes, AI Tuning & More

This is a discussion on EA Sports UFC 3 Patch Adds New Fighters, Gameplay Additions, Fixes, AI Tuning & More within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-07-2018, 12:26 AM   #225
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: EA Sports UFC 3 Patch Adds New Fighters, Gameplay Additions, Fixes, AI Tuning & M

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
Imagine jacare marching forward spamming body kicks. you catch them, and he blocks the strike.

You don't dare ever take him down, that's what he wants.

That would be a nightmare.

You need to be able to punish a caught body kick somehow, without the only option being a 50/50 option between head amage and a TD.
Couldn't block break play a factor? Like say the 3rd or 4th caught kick will have a lower break threshold so you still have the free shot but it's not automatic.

Ahh I get what you mean by 50/50 in regards to a caught kick, now that makes more sense.

As for the caught kick..

Something for a future game with more counter the counter of the counter scenarios.

Also this is what I was referring to as prone earlier. I don't know what else the real technical term for this position is?

It seems we can't check kicks from here any more. I have tried but maybe the input is different or I am doing something wrong.. or it's just gone.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2018, 12:46 AM   #226
Banned

Re: EA Sports UFC 3 Patch Adds New Fighters, Gameplay Additions, Fixes, AI Tuning & M

Quote:
Imagine jacare marching forward spamming body kicks. you catch them, and he blocks the strike.

You need to be able to punish a caught body kick somehow, without the only option being a 50/50 option between head damage and a TD.
Why not give certain fighters body kicks from caught kick? Leg kicks? Guard pulls if your kick gets caught? There are so many things that can happen in that position.
Old 03-07-2018, 01:30 AM   #227
Banned

Will the next patch also take 35 days to be released? Cause that might put the final nail in the coffin for the game. Only 5K online post patch and literally every second match is a cheese fest with Conor or other combo spammers and sway here and there spammers. I can only imagine how people who are new to the series feel. Must be a crushing feeling. Well at least the ground game is better now. So much more cheese to kill.
Old 03-07-2018, 01:38 AM   #228
Former EA Sports UFC Gameplay Developer

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by xFINISHxHIMx
Will the next patch also take 35 days to be released? Cause that might put the final nail in the coffin for the game. Only 5K online post patch and literally every second match is a cheese fest with Conor or other combo spammers and sway here and there spammers. I can only imagine how people who are new to the series feel. Must be a crushing feeling. Well at least the ground game is better now. So much more cheese to kill.
Most of the people new to the series are playing career mode.
Old 03-07-2018, 01:41 AM   #229
MVP

Quote:

You need to be able to punish a caught body kick somehow, without the only option being a 50/50 option between head damage and a TD.
How about the ability to stand right back up before the defender can stop it, giving to the guy a takedown on the scorecard. Or maybe a leg trip option that can deal big leg damage.
I understand what you're getting at, and thought about it myself. I forget the lengths that some people will go through to possibly exploit it. Tough one.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Operation Sports mobile app

Last edited by Evil97; 03-07-2018 at 01:54 AM.
Old 03-07-2018, 01:55 AM   #230
Banned

Maybe it's time for me to try career mode out finally. Could be fun after the newest patch... Playing the AI is really more fun than online players.

I've said this many times imo its not the Devs fault. You guys are working hard to fix all cheese. It's those "Im so desperate to win" guys that don't fight with any realism. I'm hoping so much to run into Martial Mind just because I think he plays the game as it should be played. I would get dusted.... probably.... but still.
Old 03-07-2018, 02:11 AM   #231
Rookie

I promise if the stamina was more realistic there would be none of this spamming, in your face non stop 100+ strikes a round. A lot of the cheese would be gone. The guys throwing like this need to gas out a lot quicker. I'm hanging back defending slipping but yet he still has the same stamina as me, where is the logic in that man?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2018, 05:11 AM   #232
Rookie

Quote:
Most of the people new to the series are playing career mode.
At the beginning we were 30 K and now only 6 K...

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »