Home

EA Sports UFC 3 Patch Adds New Fighters, Gameplay Additions, Fixes, AI Tuning & More

This is a discussion on EA Sports UFC 3 Patch Adds New Fighters, Gameplay Additions, Fixes, AI Tuning & More within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-05-2018, 07:02 PM   #65
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: EA Sports UFC 3 Patch Adds New Fighters, Gameplay Additions, Fixes, AI Tuning & M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skynet
I could have sworn that was in this one...have you still been seeing it?
I don't know about anyone else but simple submissions are a nightmare to get out of no matter how many times I press X.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2018, 07:08 PM   #66
EA Sports UFC Developer

Re: EA Sports UFC 3 Patch Adds New Fighters, Gameplay Additions, Fixes, AI Tuning & M

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmangala
I don't know about anyone else but simple submissions are a nightmare to get out of no matter how many times I press X.
If I recall correctly, simple submissions won't ever go above a pro AI level of capability, even if you've maxed out the button pressing speed. This was done because we didn't actually want to give simple subs the ability to consistently beat a legendary AI. If you're fighting that high up, you need to learn the submission meta as well.

That being said, this change will effect all AI at pro/legendary, which means the simple subs will also suffer slightly, as the AI itself has suffered and it is playing for you.
Old 03-05-2018, 07:08 PM   #67
Banned

I'm finding this patch to be frustrating. Takedowns suck way worse than I expected.
Old 03-05-2018, 07:08 PM   #68
Banned

i gave this game plenty of **** at launch so it is only fair i compliment it when a patch fixes things

great work Geoff
Old 03-05-2018, 07:13 PM   #69
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skynet
If I recall correctly, simple submissions won't ever go above a pro AI level of capability, even if you've maxed out the button pressing speed. This was done because we didn't actually want to give simple subs the ability to consistently beat a legendary AI. If you're fighting that high up, you need to learn the submission meta as well.

That being said, this change will effect all AI at pro/legendary, which means the simple subs will also suffer slightly, as the AI itself has suffered and it is playing for you.
Hmm interesting. But with the standard subs I can get out pretty often.

But with simple submissions, it's like if they get you in a sub the fight is generally over no matter how much I press x.

So basically it would be more about denying the sub than getting out of a sub with simple subs?
Old 03-05-2018, 07:15 PM   #70
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExOicho
I'm finding this patch to be frustrating. Takedowns suck way worse than I expected.
You have to find the sweet spot, or right range now. TD speed scales with distance so being in the right range will speed up your TDs and vice versa.
Old 03-05-2018, 07:21 PM   #71
MVP

- Added ability to queue takedowns and clinch attempts after strikes
- Added ability to quick transition to takedown attempts after ducking and striking

takedowns are more useful if you utilize these

Last edited by tissues250; 03-05-2018 at 07:30 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2018, 07:34 PM   #72
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmangala
You have to find the sweet spot, or right range now. TD speed scales with distance so being in the right range will speed up your TDs and vice versa.

Double leg has been working for me and it seemed way easier. Only difference is I stayed at arms length. Threw a jab or two and shot for the takedown.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »