Home

EA Sports UFC 3 Patch Adds New Fighters, Gameplay Additions, Fixes, AI Tuning & More

This is a discussion on EA Sports UFC 3 Patch Adds New Fighters, Gameplay Additions, Fixes, AI Tuning & More within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-05-2018, 11:23 PM   #97
Former EA Sports UFC Gameplay Developer

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: EA Sports UFC 3 Patch Adds New Fighters, Gameplay Additions, Fixes, AI Tuning & M

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmangala
Pressure fighters have defensive armor which allows them to pressure forward so much.

You don't see anyone lunging forward, or much lunging in general at all, but head movement is ubiquitous now because it's relatively safe with none of the stamina tax of lunges.

The best bet now are the actual patch changes like the slowdown of block etc, they help a lot but there is still more to be done.
How is head movement safe? That's the part I don't understand.

Aside from the obvious head vulnerability, there's huge leg vulnerability on any fwd moving head movement.

With the ability to create space, I don't understand how it's still not being punished.

Gonna hop online soon myself to try it out.
Old 03-05-2018, 11:30 PM   #98
MVP

Re: EA Sports UFC 3 Patch Adds New Fighters, Gameplay Additions, Fixes, AI Tuning & M

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
How is head movement safe? That's the part I don't understand.

Aside from the obvious head vulnerability, there's huge leg vulnerability on any fwd moving head movement.

With the ability to create space, I don't understand how it's still not being punished.

Gonna hop online soon myself to try it out.
Don't get me wrong, it's much easier to punish with this patch. I am just saying there can still be more improvements.

Head movement objectively give you the greatest defensive edge without much tax in this game.

It's been head movment > block > footwork for a while. When it should be the reverse imo.

The vulerability is good for single telegraphed sways, but people can be really slippery with stationary head movement and cycle through the various armors fast.

It is definitely punishable, but it's so prevalent in the game- more than irl- because it has so many defensive advantages vs risks.

A counter for this is apparently the back lunge counter, but that costs stamina.
Old 03-05-2018, 11:33 PM   #99
Former EA Sports UFC Gameplay Developer

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

Quote:
Don't get me wrong, it's much easier to punish with this patch. I am just saying there can still be more improvements.

Head movement objectively give you the greatest defensive edge without much tax in this game.

It's been head movment > block > footwork for a while. When it should be the reverse imo.

The vulerability is good for single telegraphed sways, but people can be really slippery with stationary head movement and cycle through the various armors fast.

It is definitely punishable, but it's so prevalent in the game- more than irl- because it has so many defensive advantages vs risks.

A counter for this is apparently the back lunge counter, but that costs stamina.
It does cost stamina, but a slipped slip strike costs way, way more. It's a highly profitable thing to do.
Old 03-05-2018, 11:37 PM   #100
MVP

Serengeti1's Arena

Okay so forward moving head movement seems fine. You can punish it. What isn't is stationary head movement. It's still silly. 1. because it can be spammed like crazy with no stamina tax.. 2. The vulnerability on it doens't always register. 3. It's still too easy to slip a jab and punish but it's much better.

I agree that there should be an ever so slight stamina tax on head movement. I'll post a fight I just had with Nate Diaz in ranked in a second. He was spamming head movement on the outside. I beat him but it was really lame. Forced me to fight on the inside because I was losing so much stamina as he stood there spamming sways. It's fine that we lose stamina for missing. The issue is he can stand there spamming them when I'm not even throwing at him and not lose any at all.

I also don't have much faith in vulnerability on stationary head movement. I'll try and get several examples in a video.

The game is playing much better in general though. I don't think there's any issue with head movement while moving thus far.
Old 03-05-2018, 11:37 PM   #101
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
It does cost stamina, but a slipped slip strike costs way, way more. It's a highly profitable thing to do.
Which is what I am advocating for head movement. Good head movment will still profit you stamina on whiffed strikes etc, but excessive head movement would result in a net tax.

I mean imagine lunges without a stamina tax and see how effective they would be at gassing your opponent for whiffed strikes.

That's basically where head movement is at now. It's why it was so prevalent for so long, even if it took a big dent with this patch, there are still ways to go.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2018, 11:45 PM   #102
MVP

Serengeti1's Arena

Quote:

This is exactly right. I'm so gutted right now because the fight I just had in ranked with a player doing this didn't save on shareplay for some reason and it was such a good example. He was just cycling through the frames. left/right/duck/back etc. It's way more effective than it should be. And he'd be doing it even when I wasn't punching him so he's just moving his head in space. He's not doing it 100% of the time without stopping obviously as i'd get the timing on him a lot easier but it's not easy enough to punish these guys right now considering what they're doing.
Old 03-05-2018, 11:49 PM   #103
Pro

TheJamesKraus's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serengeti95
This is exactly right. I'm so gutted right now because the fight I just had in ranked with a player doing this didn't save on shareplay for some reason and it was such a good example. He was just cycling through the frames. left/right/duck/back etc. It's way more effective than it should be. And he'd be doing it even when I wasn't punching him so he's just moving his head in space. He's not doing it 100% of the time without stopping obviously as i'd get the timing on him a lot easier but it's not easy enough to punish these guys right now considering what they're doing.
Did you go to the body or kick his legs?
Old 03-05-2018, 11:57 PM   #104
Rookie

OVR: 2

GREAT PATCH !! Love the fact EA is trying to make it more realism and take away the abusive cheap tactics that are used in rank matches.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »