Home

EA Sports UFC 3 Patch Adds New Fighters, Gameplay Additions, Fixes, AI Tuning & More

This is a discussion on EA Sports UFC 3 Patch Adds New Fighters, Gameplay Additions, Fixes, AI Tuning & More within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-06-2018, 12:00 AM   #105
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: EA Sports UFC 3 Patch Adds New Fighters, Gameplay Additions, Fixes, AI Tuning & M

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
How is head movement safe? That's the part I don't understand.

Aside from the obvious head vulnerability, there's huge leg vulnerability on any fwd moving head movement.

With the ability to create space, I don't understand how it's still not being punished.

Gonna hop online soon myself to try it out.
The challenge is the amount of damage a landed sway strike causes. I can catch them with hooks when they sway and uppercuts when they duck all round but they slip one and land and I am rocked. I have to predict every move they make all round but they only need to predict me throwing an uppercut once to sway and rock me.

A small stamina tax on the head movement would make a huge difference. I trust your perspective on the game and value your insight but to me if the head movement isn't OP than why is it the strategy of every non ground fighter in the top 100? Also on a side note thank you for the crucifix fix, it has changed the meta massively for the ground guys in the top 100 and i can actually defend myself on the ground now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2018, 12:00 AM   #106
MVP

Serengeti1's Arena

Re: EA Sports UFC 3 Patch Adds New Fighters, Gameplay Additions, Fixes, AI Tuning & M

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJamesKraus
Did you go to the body or kick his legs?
Yeah. That's how I won. But it was still gross lol. If somebody is being overly predictable with it it's pretty easy to beat them but when they're a little smarter about it it becomes a problem. I was trying to kick him in the head and got a couple rocks like that too but sometimes it doesn't register. He would be ducking too so sometimes I whiffed on the head kicks. Playing against someone doing this ruins the fun though because it makes the fight really unrealistic.

Seriously so annoyed the shareplay didn't save it. Once it happens again I'll post it. I'll try messaging the player and get him to fight me again now too.
Old 03-06-2018, 12:05 AM   #107
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serengeti95
This is exactly right. I'm so gutted right now because the fight I just had in ranked with a player doing this didn't save on shareplay for some reason and it was such a good example. He was just cycling through the frames. left/right/duck/back etc. It's way more effective than it should be. And he'd be doing it even when I wasn't punching him so he's just moving his head in space. He's not doing it 100% of the time without stopping obviously as i'd get the timing on him a lot easier but it's not easy enough to punish these guys right now considering what they're doing.
I even do practice mode and just record a basic sway and 2 hooks followed by a ducking uppercut to hook and it is so hard to punish even when I know exactly what is coming. The hook on sways and uppercut on ducks is like 50/50 on actually working effectively. Dodging all four strikes requires knowing exactly what is coming and it is still super hard to get the timing right. As you have said in the past it isn't them reading you it is sway and pray and it works ten times better than the counters against it do.
Old 03-06-2018, 12:16 AM   #108
Rookie

Loving the patch,now AI on Normal difficulty is blocking head shots more and not coming forward constantly like before the patch and is best suited for the casual player. I am still finding Hard difficulty pretty hard to win even though i seem to be getting more strikes in now but still constantly get rocked with counters from the AI. Don't get me wrong i still love the patch it will just take time to get the timing of moving in and striking.
Old 03-06-2018, 12:38 AM   #109
Pro

Any grapplers find takedowns are a little slow? I can duck a headkick and shoot and still be denied.. trying to do something like jab, lead hook, shoot(single or double) the hud fills slowly, takes roughly a second and I get denied... what has anyone found that works well, distance wise and such for takedowns?

Only time I can get one majority of the time is if I can get them to the cage, or right after a rock then theyre newr instant
Old 03-06-2018, 01:26 AM   #110
Sassy

MacGowan's Arena

Yeah, casual fighting the AI on normal is a dream now.
Old 03-06-2018, 02:07 AM   #111
MVP

Serengeti1's Arena

Not sure if anyone else is experiencing this but whether someone loses stamina from being knocked down or rocked seems kinda random. Sometimes your stamina drains tons and sometimes you can knock a guy down twice and it doesn't have much effect. Not sure why. It's frustrating when you have a back and forth fight but for whatever reason you end up with much less stamina than your opponent though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2018, 02:20 AM   #112
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slickrick_csc
Fingers crossed for a new finish the fight w ref interaction haha. God how awesome would that be. Either that or online support for sub n stand n bang modes. Those are my 2 biggest wants right now.

Can’t wait to see the new fighters too. I’m thinking Perry, Colby n saki

HELL YEAH! haha 3/4 in my predictions

only thing I messed was the Perry prediction. Lovin the patch notes. Haven’t had a chance to play yet but looking forward to playing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »