Home

EA Sports UFC 3 Patch Adds New Fighters, Gameplay Additions, Fixes, AI Tuning & More

This is a discussion on EA Sports UFC 3 Patch Adds New Fighters, Gameplay Additions, Fixes, AI Tuning & More within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-05-2018, 04:36 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: EA Sports UFC 3 Patch Adds New Fighters, Gameplay Additions, Fixes, AI Tuning & M

Just did a few matches but I already want to play more than a few hours ago... The game after this patch feels so much better. Striking seems crisper, fighters less floaty, the changes to discourage cheese are great so far, chaining takedowns is really smooth and ref interactions are AWESOME !

Huge thanks to GPD, you did an amazing work here. I really hope that this trend to put new animations / significant gameplay additions in big patches will be kept, that would be amazing too.

Excellent improvement once again. Bravo.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2018, 05:19 PM   #42
Rookie

Re: Patch notes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seymorslash
Patch made me crack and buy the guy game.
Welcome to the sugar show! (Hopefully Sugar Sean is added )
Old 03-05-2018, 05:19 PM   #43
Rookie

Re: EA Sports UFC 3 Patch Adds New Fighters, Gameplay Additions, Fixes, AI Tuning & M

What exactly is the difficulty change?
Old 03-05-2018, 05:21 PM   #44
Pro

Yeah Pappy and I had a pretty good match, Cruz is so difficult to use tho especially with the lack of forward ability when it comes to jab/straights. Gonna take some time to figure out the takedowns, they still seem a little slow..

One thing I did notice is I found a sway to hook counter felt sluggish, I’d sway a strike, go to pop off a counter hook and he’d block it almost every time. Not sure if I just wasnt quick enough, but felt like a delay on the counter strike was noticeable
Old 03-05-2018, 05:29 PM   #45
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmangala
My bad, I mean when the devs are done with releasing patch for this game and start moving on to EA UFC 4.

I meant when the patches stop not patch stop.

So yeah within a year or so. No guarantee it makes it either tho, so don't keep your hopes up.
Fair enough
Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2018, 05:30 PM   #46
MVP

I don't think a counter after sway feels sluggish now. Its normal. It was unrealistic fast before the patch.
Old 03-05-2018, 05:32 PM   #47
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
It's a fine balance, but they should still be fast enough to hit the counter window as effectively.

There's a bit more i could do to further speed them up when used appropriately, but it was too much work to get in for this update and the problem seemed severe enough to risk this side effect.

If it proves to be a problem I can always put in the time to do that extra work, but it will have to be balanced with other priorities.

This was a fantastic update, man. Beyond my expectations.

I do want to ask you about something. When I knock a fighter down, and he falls on his side, it seems like I can’t quickly get to his side to reign down strikes. My opponent fell right on his side and kinda laid there and I couldnt do much. I had to go up to his legs, where he then centered, and I was standing guard, then I had a choice to go into side control. From there I could then land punches.

Am I missing something or is what I want not possible.... yet?

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 03-05-2018, 05:44 PM   #48
EA Sports UFC Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincinnati30
This was a fantastic update, man. Beyond my expectations.

I do want to ask you about something. When I knock a fighter down, and he falls on his side, it seems like I can’t quickly get to his side to reign down strikes. My opponent fell right on his side and kinda laid there and I couldnt do much. I had to go up to his legs, where he then centered, and I was standing guard, then I had a choice to go into side control. From there I could then land punches.

Am I missing something or is what I want not possible.... yet?

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Diving on top of guys is possible, but not as often as most people would like. This is due to animation constraints at the moment, and improves over time. There's also three different kinds of knockdowns, of which only the most severe allows for you to jump on them.

Active KO is when the fighter automatically springs right back up, alert KO is when the guy recovers really quickly onto his back, and finally health KOs are when the other guy is almost passed out for a few seconds and you have a window to jump on him for Finish The Fight.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »