Home

Ref Interactions: Amazing new feature that needs to be utilized more

This is a discussion on Ref Interactions: Amazing new feature that needs to be utilized more within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-05-2018, 04:53 PM   #9
EA Game Changer

Solid_Altair's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Ref Interactions: Amazing new feature that needs to be utilized more

I think playing the AI has a lot to do with it getting more straight up KOs.
Old 03-05-2018, 08:36 PM   #10
Banned

Am I the only one who doesn't care what so ever about the refs? They serve no purpose in the game yet people complain constantly about them! I'd take improved crowd reactions improvements over ref animations any day.
Old 03-05-2018, 08:42 PM   #11
Banned

I think what they’ve done with ref interactions is unbelievable in the amount of time they had to do it, I’ve also noticed ref stand ups while stalling on the mat and in clinch. I got caught stalling on the ground at one point and the ref stood us up quick and I wasn’t mad about it I actually liked it it seemed quicker and more reasonable which was awesome also my opponent was holding me in the clinch and the ref separated us I LOVE what you guys have done so far with the interactions

Last edited by UFCFreak1220; 03-05-2018 at 11:33 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2018, 09:04 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitch is my homeboy
Am I the only one who doesn't care what so ever about the refs? They serve no purpose in the game yet people complain constantly about them! I'd take improved crowd reactions improvements over ref animations any day.
Some people would say the same thing about "crowd reactions improvements".
Old 03-05-2018, 10:27 PM   #13
Banned

Rolltide1980's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
One step at a time.

Getting even this change in this quickly was no small feat.
Man,y'all did such a good job on the ref interaction with FTF,now you spoiled us and we want MORE!!!!!! OK but seriously, it's awesome, I'm happy with what we got, but.......You won't make me upset if even more ref interaction is added later,just saying !!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 03-06-2018, 04:48 PM   #14
Banned

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Impressions

I was holding off from buying this game until the patch dropped to see what could be done with the gameplay and most importantly for me what they were going to do if anything with FTF. I actually cannot believe that in 1 months time-frame the the developers have managed to put in 50 changes and add in ref interactions which i was insanely pleased with when it was revealed.

They seriously look incredible and ultra realistic in terms of the animations , way way better than UFC undisputed actually. What i love is that the ref continues to cover the fighter and wave the doctors in while the victorious fighter gets up and walks off to celebrate. Whereas after the ref separation in undisputed the animation just hung for a few seconds with the fighter just standing there shaking his fist and the ref just blankly starting at the crowd.

Thank you to GPD and the other developers because this FTF issue was a major concern for me with the game. But i can now rest assured that the game will become the best MMA game ever in a few patches due to the care being taken to enhance the game.

The Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinfarcements
These were big reasons why the crew decided to do away with Finish the Fight after KOs. Now that conditions are better surrounding this area of the game, I am requesting Finish the Fight gets added back to being an option after KOs.
Now we have such as strong base for ref interactions in the game i can 100% agree with this quote and in terms of the future i with out a doubt would like to see this extended to all finishes not just TKO scenarios like you said. I think the very best way to implement this would be to allow the player 1 at 2 max follow up shots after the KO before the ref steps in to separate; with just one leaping hammer fist and another single follow up shot or just two grounded follow up shots.

That's just a suggestion but im sure GPD has plans for this at some point, especially now that the amazing addition of ref interactions essentially dissolves any controversy surrounding the previous games FTF mechanics.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyways sorry for rambling on but i will definitely be buying this game on the PS4 once im done with Shadow Of The Colossus and if i could i would donate tenfold the amount to the development team. This is truly appreciated and i don't think there is any other development studio that currently engages with fans like this and then implements the changes so fast.

Regards
AB541

Last edited by ab541; 03-06-2018 at 05:00 PM.
Old 03-06-2018, 05:29 PM   #15
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

I damn near wanted to shed a tear when the ref stood up an opponent who was just laying on top of me doing nothing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2018, 05:34 PM   #16
Sassy

MacGowan's Arena

the ref interaction looks amazing! Hoping they'll add it to GnP. finish from full mount/half guard/turtle etc. oh and in the replay ref seem kinda gone, or cut out of the ending.

The replays have always bugged me the most with lack of interaction. The fighter is straight out cold, no hands blocking. 3 accurate, vicious slow motion hits straight to the cranium of a completly unconscious opponent looks absolutly disgusting. The ref would cut in the moment the fighter hits the canvas out cold, and definetly after first hit lands. Imagine Hendo getting 2 more hammerfists in on Bispin in their first fight.

So either they should cut out the 2 extra hits (which would make it pretty much like a walk off KO)
OOOR make the sequence longer, but with an animation of a fighter actually curled up, blocking the strikes, but not intelligently, looking at the ref for help.

That would feel pretty satisfying, and not so brutal.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »