Home

There is not enough power outside of vulnerability.

This is a discussion on There is not enough power outside of vulnerability. within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-29-2018, 08:52 AM   #25
EA Game Changer

Solid_Altair's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: There is not enough power outside of vulnerability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyboi207
The problem I have is the current vulnerability while in theory is “organic” isnt actually in practice

The way you can slightly move away from a headkick to mitigate almost all damage is an issue.

You do make a good point about auto rocks which I dont think should be a thing outside of ducking /swaying into knees/headkicks.

Is it possible to tune exactly how much vulnerability(im assuming it’s essentially a damage multipler) exists in a normal state?

Just throwing this out there since I dont know if it’s a binary thing(either you’re vulnerable or you’re not) or if it can be tuned.

So like add 20% vulnerability when standing still. But leave the extra 50% or w/e when walking into a shot.

If it’s binary however then yeah we cant change the baseline. But I’d still love the inclusion of a power modifier
It's not binary. It's very very organic.

20% vulnerability when standing still is kinda meaningless. We could tell you that it's the case and that the baseline, the zero vuln, would be the current level of a small mitigation. When we say being iddle gives zero vuln at the head it just means that we're considering iddle as baseline. It's a matter of perspective.

What actually has meaning and should be discussed is the auto rock issue. I'm glad you agree with it. And as such, I assure you the base damage is as high as can be. There is also relevance in talking about the comparison between the baseline and the max vuln. The base damage is, as I said, as high as possible, while avoiding auto rocks. So, the question that remains is if the high end of vuln is in a good place. It's all about the relations and the breakpoints.

We could also talk about the different elements of vuln, like the sheer vuln, the stamina and the counter bonus. The recent patch reduced the counter bonus a lot, which I really liked. It places more emphasis on sheer vuln, which is more fair, imo. You have more control over how much sheer vuln you concede, but whether or not you'll be dodged (and concede a counter bonus) is very much out of your hands.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2018, 09:13 AM   #26
Banned

Im not sure I follow when you say added stand still vulnerability is meaningless?

Unless you’re saying you’d have to increase vulnerability for everything else

I think a big part of the problem is counter strikes do too much damage in relation to regular strikes. Shortening that gap by increasing idle vulnerability would be ideal.
Old 03-29-2018, 09:37 AM   #27
EA Game Changer

Solid_Altair's Arena

Quote:
Im not sure I follow when you say added stand still vulnerability is meaningless?

Unless you’re saying you’d have to increase vulnerability for everything else

I think a big part of the problem is counter strikes do too much damage in relation to regular strikes. Shortening that gap by increasing idle vulnerability would be ideal.
Can't do that without introducing "auto-rocks".

And can't reduce the counter vuln a lot, without removing sudden KOs.

But much can be done about the details of vuln. And much has being done, such as the reduction of the counter bonus and the increase of the sheer vuln of some attacks (leg side kicks and the rear body knee).
Old 03-29-2018, 09:44 AM   #28
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid_Altair
Can't do that without introducing "auto-rocks".

And can't reduce the counter vuln a lot, without removing sudden KOs.

But much can be done about the details of vuln. And much has being done, such as the reduction of the counter bonus and the increase of the sheer vuln of some attacks (leg side kicks and the rear body knee).
Can the rocking threshold be tuned?

Most agree they happen too often anyway

Increase baseline and make it harder for rocks

Leave the rest alone.

But i guess then it’s another can of worms to tune rocks/ KDs
Old 03-29-2018, 09:56 AM   #29
EA Game Changer

Solid_Altair's Arena

Quote:
Can the rocking threshold be tuned?

Most agree they happen too often anyway

Increase baseline and make it harder for rocks

Leave the rest alone.

But i guess then it’s another can of worms to tune rocks/ KDs
Rocks already require a lot of damage. I think it's 60% of the health bar or more. If you increase that, you'll lose variety on the severity of the rocks. Right now, there is a good variety in ending up with 40% or 5% of your health left, when you're rocked. This variety helps to make things organic. If the threshold changed to 80%, the everytime people would get rocked, they'd be pretty much on the door of a KND, which would suck.
Old 03-29-2018, 10:02 AM   #30
Former EA Sports UFC Gameplay Developer

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

The most impactful changes would be health regen rate and health regen cooldown.

Both of those have the ability to drastically increase the KD rate, making damage feel higher.

They both currently scale with max health, which is why a lot of these "you can eat X number of this kind of strike before a KD" test cases are kind of pointless, because they are always done at full health.

Base damage does not need to go up at all, and never will.
Old 03-29-2018, 01:39 PM   #31
Pro

Increase damage, Increase stamina tax, Increase speed of movement(walking, lunging) slightly. All problems solved
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2018, 01:39 PM   #32
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
The most impactful changes would be health regen rate and health regen cooldown.

Both of those have the ability to drastically increase the KD rate, making damage feel higher.

They both currently scale with max health, which is why a lot of these "you can eat X number of this kind of strike before a KD" test cases are kind of pointless, because they are always done at full health.

Base damage does not need to go up at all, and never will.
why does base damage not need to go up?

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »