Home

Scoring Bias

This is a discussion on Scoring Bias within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2018, 01:52 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Scoring Bias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugget7211
You only look at the next criteria if the previous is "100% even/equal" (the criteria uses equal and even interchangeably)

http://www.abcboxing.com/wp-content/...ng_rev0816.pdf

Duration and dominance only appear in the language for deciding between 10-9s and 10-8s, you still have to win the round on the actual criteria which are laid out on the first page of that document.

Also, just in case people are still looking at them, the criteria on UFC.com are 6-7 years out of date and are basically irrelevant to scoring fights today.
Dominance/duration are a part of “effective” striking /grappling.

Big John also makes it clear that if a round consists of mostly grappling that the grappling exchanges should be weighed more heavily.

But i’ll just restate. Damage is #1. If damage is roughly equal you look at who was more effective on the feet or on the ground.

10-8s can be given out with ONLY dominance and duration.

11:24 of that video. Big John talks about a 10-8 occuring without damage.
Old 07-24-2018, 01:55 PM   #18
Rookie

If we try to do the same "tybura vs struve" fight in ufc 3, struve won easily only with his few front kick/leg kick/hook.

But 2 judge gave 30/27 for tybura who was on woobly leg because of takedown/control/short half guard punches.

In ufc 3 ground strike are 95% baby punches who count for nothing except grappling adavantage.

Double/single leg doing almost no damage, i doubt it count with your system.
Old 07-24-2018, 08:44 PM   #19
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyboi207
Dominance/duration are a part of “effective” striking /grappling.

Big John also makes it clear that if a round consists of mostly grappling that the grappling exchanges should be weighed more heavily.

But i’ll just restate. Damage is #1. If damage is roughly equal you look at who was more effective on the feet or on the ground.

10-8s can be given out with ONLY dominance and duration.

11:24 of that video. Big John talks about a 10-8 occuring without damage.
By this logic if the first 4 minutes are mostly grappling and dominated by the grappler without much damage but the striker does more damage within that last minute after getting to his feet than the grappler did in 4 minutes who wins the round?
Old 07-24-2018, 09:04 PM   #20
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papadoc60
By this logic if the first 4 minutes are mostly grappling and dominated by the grappler without much damage but the striker does more damage within that last minute after getting to his feet than the grappler did in 4 minutes who wins the round?
It will depend the severity of the damage

If he almost finishes the fight he could possibly steal the round

If he just does damage but doesnt come close to a finish or hurting the grappler that much then it would go to the grappler.

Plus remember “dominance” means dominant positions. Being in guard as a position doesnt score. Grappler would need to mount, take side control, back mount ect to score. Going for subs would also help secure the round for the grappler
Old 07-25-2018, 12:50 PM   #21
Rookie

I had read that submissions aren't considered in decisions.

Whilst I'm aware submission attempts aren't on the stats, I can't help but feel a flying guillotine on the final gate edged it for me in a decision win.

Sent from my HTC Desire 530 using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2018, 12:58 PM   #22
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyboi207
It will depend the severity of the damage

If he almost finishes the fight he could possibly steal the round

If he just does damage but doesnt come close to a finish or hurting the grappler that much then it would go to the grappler.

Plus remember “dominance” means dominant positions. Being in guard as a position doesnt score. Grappler would need to mount, take side control, back mount ect to score. Going for subs would also help secure the round for the grappler
Being in closed guard isnt dominant. But postureing uo and landinh shots is seen as dominant. Same with other positions. Its more to do with forcing your oppenent to defend and not mount an attack for grappling.
Old 07-25-2018, 02:28 PM   #23
EA Sports UFC Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimLeiper
I had read that submissions aren't considered in decisions.

Whilst I'm aware submission attempts aren't on the stats, I can't help but feel a flying guillotine on the final gate edged it for me in a decision win.

Submissions definitely count, as they do inflict decent damage. However, they're scaled by the gate you get to.

Entering subs buys you almost nothing, while sinking a sub deeper and deeper buys you increasingly more points.
Old 07-25-2018, 02:45 PM   #24
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skynet
Submissions definitely count, as they do inflict decent damage. However, they're scaled by the gate you get to.

Entering subs buys you almost nothing, while sinking a sub deeper and deeper buys you increasingly more points.
That's how I thought it worked - the deeper the sub earns more "points"

Thanks for confirming.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »