Home

EA UFC 3 Random Thoughts Thread

This is a discussion on EA UFC 3 Random Thoughts Thread within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-10-2019, 06:16 PM   #169
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: EA UFC 3 Random Thoughts Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomeroXVII
Watching how Tim Elliot struck DJs body from Bottom Side Control with Knees, and how he 'held the phone's with one hand and trapped DJ with his leg and arm to nullify damage from Top Side Control, I feel like if we had this in game Side Control wouldn't be so broken and would lead to having to earn the Crucifix rather than a simple pass after one denial.
Speaking of positions and how easy is to attain or hold them, I kinda feel attaining Full mount is too easy and losing it is also too easy. Yes, it is a dominant position in that it allows you to damage the block and eventually the head but I feel it's a bit too easy to lose it. The instant get up transition is slow enough but the ones to half-guard are a bit too fast in my opinion. The not overly difficult arm-traps also contribute to this. Don't get me wrong, a skilled or even competent player can make a lot out of the position, but so can an equally skilled player on bottom escape it like it's nothing. I also feel that holding a position like Side Control or Back Side is often far more rewarding and far more difficult to escape in comparison than the Mount which is supposed to be one of the most dominant positions. I wonder if you agree and to what extent.
Old 07-10-2019, 09:49 PM   #170
MVP

RomeroXVII's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingslayer04
Speaking of positions and how easy is to attain or hold them, I kinda feel attaining Full mount is too easy and losing it is also too easy. Yes, it is a dominant position in that it allows you to damage the block and eventually the head but I feel it's a bit too easy to lose it. The instant get up transition is slow enough but the ones to half-guard are a bit too fast in my opinion. The not overly difficult arm-traps also contribute to this. Don't get me wrong, a skilled or even competent player can make a lot out of the position, but so can an equally skilled player on bottom escape it like it's nothing. I also feel that holding a position like Side Control or Back Side is often far more rewarding and far more difficult to escape in comparison than the Mount which is supposed to be one of the most dominant positions. I wonder if you agree and to what extent.
Well, statistically speaking there's only been 6% of finishes in Mount in the UFC.

But yeah, makes no sense for Side Control to be more rewarding than Mount or Crucifix for sure.

Another random thought: Players in this community are weird, whenever they execute whatever they execute they don't really say anything or complain, but when somebody does something similar to them they'll call it spam and complain (I e. Jab, Leg kick, body kick strategy)

Last edited by RomeroXVII; 07-10-2019 at 09:53 PM.
Old 07-12-2019, 01:16 PM   #171
Rookie

I’d like to have the ability to play against yourself in the next game. Anyone who played NFL 2k5 knows what I’m talking about. It would be a good tool to have for improvement not to mention a good challenge in trying to beat yourself.

To the people that give up during fights and either stand there, or taunt until a decision or until your opponent decides to hit you, why? I somehow feel like this is lower than rage quitting.

The rage that people get over this game will forever blow my mind. It gets even crazier after noting that many of these people are grown adult men, many of which have entire families. how and why do you let yourself reach the point of yelling to the top of your lungs or sending out vulgar messages over a video game? It never fails to make me laugh, especially over stream. Time and time again I fail to understand, feels like im playing MW2 lmao

Hopefully in the next game, constantly circling and side stepping doesn’t alter the camera so much.

Howcome after every patch, devs continually refused to take away the shot after the bell? At least let us defend if they can still throw. Along with that, I would really love to be able to toggle on/ off my opponents hud in quick match and offline. that’s something that needs to happen especially considering esfl
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2019, 09:35 PM   #172
MVP

TheGentlemanGhost's Arena

EA UFC 3 Random Thoughts Thread

The more I think about it, the more this combo system has to go. We traded in one combo gimmick for another basically, and that was a fear of mine back when playing the beta. Basically everyone has an effective jab to body kick combo as if that’s even a practical combo, esp with as fast as the kick comes out for people who don’t even throw kicks regularly. Just give us kick and punch combo speed ratings for the love of god or implement them within this system because the combo system alone basically has a mind of its own lol. It feels so detached from the regular striking.

So if need be, keep this system but add those ratings. If someone has a high punch combo but low punch combo rating, then they can’t chain punch/kick combos quickly.

And also for the love of MMA, use the entire scale of the ratings system we have. If someone is poor in a certain aspect of MMA, let them be poor. Rating everyone 80 and up in a 0-100 or scale just makes everyone good to great at everything. This is even more important for offline play.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Last edited by TheGentlemanGhost; 07-13-2019 at 09:41 PM.
Old 07-14-2019, 09:31 AM   #173
MVP

RomeroXVII's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGentlemanGhost
The more I think about it, the more this combo system has to go. We traded in one combo gimmick for another basically, and that was a fear of mine back when playing the beta. Basically everyone has an effective jab to body kick combo as if that’s even a practical combo, esp with as fast as the kick comes out for people who don’t even throw kicks regularly. Just give us kick and punch combo speed ratings for the love of god or implement them within this system because the combo system alone basically has a mind of its own lol. It feels so detached from the regular striking.

So if need be, keep this system but add those ratings. If someone has a high punch combo but low punch combo rating, then they can’t chain punch/kick combos quickly.

And also for the love of MMA, use the entire scale of the ratings system we have. If someone is poor in a certain aspect of MMA, let them be poor. Rating everyone 80 and up in a 0-100 or scale just makes everyone good to great at everything. This is even more important for offline play.

Look at the gif that Martial posted on Edson and Masvidal executing the same sequence of strikes. He asked me who's switch kick was better, and Edson's was the better kick, however Masvidal's punches were the better of the two.
Old 07-14-2019, 10:52 AM   #174
MVP

Quote:

Yeah, I agree... combo system doesn’t feel organic, i like the idea of hard combos only gives fighters the possibility to chain strikes in a fluid way...right now it feels like an arcade game combo, a lot faster than single strikes
Old 07-15-2019, 12:57 PM   #175
MVP

TheGentlemanGhost's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomeroXVII
Look at the gif that Martial posted on Edson and Masvidal executing the same sequence of strikes. He asked me who's switch kick was better, and Edson's was the better kick, however Masvidal's punches were the better of the two.

Not sure what you’re talking about, but what I’m saying is it shouldn’t be a practical/basic combo every fighter has. I’d say it’s more of a MT combo and not a lot of fighters are this capable of issuing it, that’s another issue with just having tiered off combo sets.

I honestly can’t say this combo system improved the gameplay. It’s not a feature I look at and say “I wish all MMA games have this feature” whatsoever. I don’t go back and play UD3 or EA MMA wishing it was in those games or anything like that. I can definitely live without this feature.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2019, 01:18 AM   #176
MVP

RomeroXVII's Arena

Quote:
Not sure what you’re talking about, but what I’m saying is it shouldn’t be a practical/basic combo every fighter has. I’d say it’s more of a MT combo and not a lot of fighters are this capable of issuing it, that’s another issue with just having tiered off combo sets.

I honestly can’t say this combo system improved the gameplay. It’s not a feature I look at and say “I wish all MMA games have this feature” whatsoever. I don’t go back and play UD3 or EA MMA wishing it was in those games or anything like that. I can definitely live without this feature.

I'm agreeing with you, and I'm using that as an example for why fighters should have different strike animations based on their ability to do certain things, rather than having a wrestle boxer throw kick combinations at the same fluidity as a Kickboxer.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »