Home

ALL CAFS LOST

This is a discussion on ALL CAFS LOST within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-28-2019, 09:09 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: ALL CAFS LOST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skynet
XBox can use cloud saves, but PS4 cannot if I recall correctly. Aydin is right, those are steps we suggested users take after we made a fix to the save/load mechanisms a few patches back. If you're not able to boot the game at all though, that's a different beast :\

We've never been able to repro this behavior (the old CAF issues or this new one) so it's really hard to guess what's going on.

If there's any error codes or messages that pop up, please make note of them and let me know. Not sure what we can do to help, but sending us all the info you can gives us the best chance of doing so. Console, exact repro steps, behavior you experience, behavior you expect, etc.

I turn on the game. it does the Connor Eddie video. goes to connor screen . once I hit a button I get this error. Game will not start anymore if I have my caf saves on.. pretty annoying cause I have a full slot of guys who I spent Multiple hours on each one creating.. I only play the game for offline universe mode and each created character is a big part of the mode... with stats and records kept . If This is lost, I can't see myself playing again.. Im on Ps4. I had played the game about 2 hours before (used a caf in the match) switched over to another game -nba 2k for one game of that and when I went to switch back to ufc I got this error. I had recently added a new game face online (was going to create Ryan Bader after the Fedor win) in between starting ea ufc back up (i have all the newest game updates installed)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 51137450_1994340427345903_8333784121151062016_n.jpg (30.5 KB, 37 views)

Last edited by Falseperception; 01-28-2019 at 09:21 PM.
Old 01-28-2019, 10:12 PM   #10
Pro

TheUFCVeteran's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skynet
XBox can use cloud saves, but PS4 cannot if I recall correctly. Aydin is right, those are steps we suggested users take after we made a fix to the save/load mechanisms a few patches back. If you're not able to boot the game at all though, that's a different beast :\

We've never been able to repro this behavior (the old CAF issues or this new one) so it's really hard to guess what's going on.

If there's any error codes or messages that pop up, please make note of them and let me know. Not sure what we can do to help, but sending us all the info you can gives us the best chance of doing so. Console, exact repro steps, behavior you experience, behavior you expect, etc.
Can only speak for PS4 but you are able to back them up to PS Plus' online storage, just did this so I don't lose all 22 CAFs (please can we have more CAF space next game).
Old 01-28-2019, 10:39 PM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUFCVeteran
Can only speak for PS4 but you are able to back them up to PS Plus' online storage, just did this so I don't lose all 22 CAFs (please can we have more CAF space next game).
I backed mine up , but the game won’t start with the back up saves being active. Basically when i delete the saves i get no error code and the game works , but when i active the back up saves i get that error code . So basically backing them up is pointless
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2019, 11:05 PM   #12
Pro

TheUFCVeteran's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falseperception
I backed mine up , but the game won’t start with the back up saves being active. Basically when i delete the saves i get no error code and the game works , but when i active the back up saves i get that error code . So basically backing them up is pointless
Make sure your CAFs are backed up, then try re-installing the game? Just delete the app tile from the front end and re-download/put the disc in again and try then.
Old 01-29-2019, 12:04 AM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Make sure your CAFs are backed up, then try re-installing the game? Just delete the app tile from the front end and re-download/put the disc in again and try then.
Will give that a shot now
Old 01-29-2019, 12:58 AM   #14
Rookie

Quote:

lol... whelp this happened

Last edited by Falseperception; 01-29-2019 at 01:02 AM.
Old 01-29-2019, 01:28 AM   #15
Pro

TheUFCVeteran's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falseperception
lol... whelp this happened
What. The. ****.

Okay, this makes me think it may be a HDD issue. Do you have an external lying around anywhere? If you do, test it on that and see what happens.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2019, 01:39 AM   #16
Rookie

- now even after clearing out the saves, the game will still not download (was playing previously when I cleared the saves). So, now I have no option to play the game with or without the CAFs . Pretty lame - getting this again (CE-30005-8)

Last edited by Falseperception; 01-29-2019 at 01:45 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »