Home

EA UFC 4 survey

This is a discussion on EA UFC 4 survey within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-27-2019, 04:47 AM   #17
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: EA UFC 4 survey

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticJack541
I really hope they add some older models of certain fighters. You can have current Jorge Masvidal model with long hair and full beard, or older model with short hair and wolverine beard. They could do this with several fighter models and add some replay value. Also I hope we can change the style of shorts and color of every roster fighter. This might seem minor in the big picture, but these things make a difference after a year into the games life cycle.
I hope they add AI, moveset and stat changes between the models to go with this.

Example is Anthony Pettis. Nowadays he has a much more muay thai style guard and stance whereas before he was more flashy with a different stance.

Create A Fighter Content:
YouTube -> AydinZero

Music:
https://aydin-jewelz123.newgrounds.com/
Old 03-27-2019, 11:49 AM   #18
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarsP
Yeah I was hoping there would be something for us sim guys, but instead we get aliens and vampires..
This happens every time with EA games here at OS. People see the survey and they assume that there will be limited or no new sim options. I wouldnt assume anything based on this survey. These are just things they are kicking around that may or may not be added.
Old 03-27-2019, 01:47 PM   #19
Rookie

The more that I think about it, the more I feel this wacky crap is a tactic being used to steal the WWE 2K fanbase. Think about it. EA is on a losing battle in basketball, and every year 2K is leaning towards the Madden route of $60 roster updates in the form of a new game.
What's the appeal of WWE 2K anymore besides showcase mode (Which I think we could use in the future). the Create A Wrestler mode is nothing but goofy fun putting Goku against Colonel Sanders against spiderman against Mario in a steel cage match (crossover pun intended). I'm sure those guys are feeling stale playing essentially the same game for the past 4 years
So now EA wants to reel them in with something different but also fills that hole of combat using ridiculous characters. They can limit this to certain modes while also keeping the hardcore fans here by continuing the deeper Sim route to gameplay and sharpening game modes like ranked and career and creating modes that both casual and hardcores will enjoy
However the only problem I see with this, is the casual media. I feel they will give the game bad publicity because of the ridiculousness of it all, not giving the deep gameplay a chance, and that could stifle some sales
Old 03-27-2019, 02:39 PM   #20
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
The survey is legit, I filled it out yesterday. I almost wanted to roll my eyes when I read about the monsters and vampires stuff, but if it's kept to the wildlands of Ultimate Team, it's whatever. I think the tournaments idea sounds like fun, though. And we can only hope the grappling is better.
I was just gonna ask if this was real. Keeping my fingers crossed about grappling. Especially the clinch. Love the sound of online gyms and the tournaments though. That other stuff is probably just to appeal to the casuals tbh.

Last edited by WarMMA; 03-27-2019 at 02:42 PM.
Old 03-27-2019, 04:44 PM   #21
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gion
The more that I think about it, the more I feel this wacky crap is a tactic being used to steal the WWE 2K fanbase. Think about it. EA is on a losing battle in basketball, and every year 2K is leaning towards the Madden route of $60 roster updates in the form of a new game.
What's the appeal of WWE 2K anymore besides showcase mode (Which I think we could use in the future). the Create A Wrestler mode is nothing but goofy fun putting Goku against Colonel Sanders against spiderman against Mario in a steel cage match (crossover pun intended). I'm sure those guys are feeling stale playing essentially the same game for the past 4 years
So now EA wants to reel them in with something different but also fills that hole of combat using ridiculous characters. They can limit this to certain modes while also keeping the hardcore fans here by continuing the deeper Sim route to gameplay and sharpening game modes like ranked and career and creating modes that both casual and hardcores will enjoy
However the only problem I see with this, is the casual media. I feel they will give the game bad publicity because of the ridiculousness of it all, not giving the deep gameplay a chance, and that could stifle some sales
It's absolutely not true that the game's appeal is Showcase mode and squaring off goofy fictional characters. Showcase mode only returned in 2k19 after a longish absence, and the game's creation and sharing suite allows for players to create and download countless wrestlers, arenas and attires that are not originally in the game with astonishing accuracy. This, along with a very adequate AI, makes for a lot of replayability. The gameplay is quite fun, in my opinion the only knock on it is that it's been the same for a long time and some people may need something new in the way of that. Universe and Career are half-baked and bad, respectively. But the game has the best creation and sharing features I've ever experienced. Don't underestimate that.

Last edited by Kingslayer04; 03-27-2019 at 05:22 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2019, 06:29 PM   #22
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingslayer04
It's absolutely not true that the game's appeal is Showcase mode and squaring off goofy fictional characters. Showcase mode only returned in 2k19 after a longish absence, and the game's creation and sharing suite allows for players to create and download countless wrestlers, arenas and attires that are not originally in the game with astonishing accuracy. This, along with a very adequate AI, makes for a lot of replayability. The gameplay is quite fun, in my opinion the only knock on it is that it's been the same for a long time and some people may need something new in the way of that. Universe and Career are half-baked and bad, respectively. But the game has the best creation and sharing features I've ever experienced. Don't underestimate that.
I did not mean the draw was ONLY for squaring off goofy characters but it's the smaller painting in the big picture of character creation. If UFC were to adopt this depth of creation and give people the ability to go so deep as to make completely ridiculous characters (or create, stone cold Steve Austin for example), that is a tactic to steal some 2k fans. I'm complimenting the WWE games for their player freedom of creation and fan service, so I believe EA will attempt to steal some thunder from them because their gameplay has been roughly the same for a long time. EA can lure their fans with something familiar yet different
Old 03-28-2019, 02:49 AM   #23
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gion
I did not mean the draw was ONLY for squaring off goofy characters but it's the smaller painting in the big picture of character creation. If UFC were to adopt this depth of creation and give people the ability to go so deep as to make completely ridiculous characters (or create, stone cold Steve Austin for example), that is a tactic to steal some 2k fans. I'm complimenting the WWE games for their player freedom of creation and fan service, so I believe EA will attempt to steal some thunder from them because their gameplay has been roughly the same for a long time. EA can lure their fans with something familiar yet different
Yeah but you focused on the goofiness, which is definitely not the main appeal of that series in my opinion. On that note, what the **** were these zombies and big heads in the latest game, I thought these were awful.

Anyway, EA would do very, very well to allow for real fighter customisation which would let us have bald Jon Jones, Jones with hair, Jones with tight shorts, board shorts, etc. It would be great if that can be done freely though. Or at least not through too much effort or god forbid - microtransactions. I hate the vampire part and I hope I can choose not to engage with that kind of people online. And obviously that they address the gameplay issues and not spend their limited budget on nonsense.
Old 03-28-2019, 09:24 AM   #24
MVP

SeaTownGamer's Arena

No universe mode, no buy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »