Home

Circling Out --- Sprint Option For UFC 4

This is a discussion on Circling Out --- Sprint Option For UFC 4 within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2019, 05:41 PM   #777
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Circling Out --- Sprint Option For UFC 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Ok, I dont. You happy now? Can people go back to their discussion with out you referencing your rank or their rank?

I would absolutely debate the pros and cons with someone who is capable of having a discussion with some depth. You dont fall in that category so I wont.
In fact, I discussed things like what to take from UD3, movement improvements, stamina tax for blocked strikes, practice mode and the overall direction of the series before you even a member of OS. I was talking with the devs about that stuff in 2016-2017 and most of those ideas were mentioned by people (not you) on this forum.

Just because an idea pops up in your head, it doesnt mean you were the first to think of it or discuss it when it comes to the game. I know thats tough for your ego but its true. The few ideas that you have presented that I would agree with on its surface tend to be flawed once you drill down...and thats when you get frustrated and lash out.

You have a rigid view that realism is the cure all for this game. My view (and many others here) is a bit more nuanced because we recognize the game has to appeal to many different players. I believe realism should always be considered in every aspect of the game and that it should be a higher priority than balance in most areas. I just recognize that doesnt apply to EVERY area and there are some areas where balance is just as or more important.

Nuance. Now if that means you think I dont care about realism....cool. If you think that I'm actively working against more realism in the game...thats fine too. I dont care because as I said earlier, I dont respect you as a poster so I'm not going to waste time trying to convince you.
Your pandering to the bias some have torwards good players. Youve created the notion I am egotistical which is a flat out lie. Again you said my ideas aren't good which ones? Dont dodge the question. Big long paragraphs. No solid rebuttals. Most people by your admission share my thinking. So the community is wrong and only you are right. More strawman fallacies and no solid reason why my ideas are bad? Pure hypocrisy.

Last edited by 1212headkick; 05-31-2019 at 05:47 PM.
Old 05-31-2019, 06:00 PM   #778
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1212headkick
Your pandering to the bias some have torwards good players. Youve created the notion I am egotistical which is a flat out lie. Again you said my ideas aren't good which ones? Dont dodge the question. Big long paragraphs. No solid rebuttals. Most people by your admission share my thinking. So the community is wrong and only you are right. More strawman fallacies and no solid reason why my ideas are bad? Pure hypocrisy.
You really have trouble reading sometimes. You are so quick to respond that you dont actually comprehend what you are reading. For example, I said this:

You have a rigid view that realism is the cure all for this game. My view (and many others here) is a bit more nuanced because we recognize the game has to appeal to many different players.

Somehow you read that as me saying that "most people by your admission share my thinking". Huh? Thats the exact opposite of what I said. I said many others have a more nuanced view UNLIKE you.

As I explained to you before: I could go into depth about why some UD3 mechanics are great for the game OVERALL and some arent. I could discuss why an increased stamina tax may not have the effect that you think it will and actually make the game worse. I could talk about how increasing the body hook speed is a bad idea and more.

But why would I with you? You dont really want that. You dont want a discussion. You want people to agree with you, to like your posts and to get credit with coming up with some idea. It feeds your ego and your ego (pride) is tied to your performance in this game.

Others have presented solid reasonable rebuttals to many of your points and you flat out ignore them or change the subject or attack them personally and I'm not interested in playing that game. Primarily because if you take the last path and personally attack me, I will go too far and really embarrass you and we will both get banned.

Thats not good for either of us. So I'm willing to just move on.
Old 05-31-2019, 06:43 PM   #779
Banned

Quote:
You really have trouble reading sometimes. You are so quick to respond that you dont actually comprehend what you are reading. For example, I said this:

You have a rigid view that realism is the cure all for this game. My view (and many others here) is a bit more nuanced because we recognize the game has to appeal to many different players.

Somehow you read that as me saying that "most people by your admission share my thinking". Huh? Thats the exact opposite of what I said. I said many others have a more nuanced view UNLIKE you.

As I explained to you before: I could go into depth about why some UD3 mechanics are great for the game OVERALL and some arent. I could discuss why an increased stamina tax may not have the effect that you think it will and actually make the game worse. I could talk about how increasing the body hook speed is a bad idea and more.

But why would I with you? You dont really want that. You dont want a discussion. You want people to agree with you, to like your posts and to get credit with coming up with some idea. It feeds your ego and your ego (pride) is tied to your performance in this game.

Others have presented solid reasonable rebuttals to many of your points and you flat out ignore them or change the subject or attack them personally and I'm not interested in playing that game. Primarily because if you take the last path and personally attack me, I will go too far and really embarrass you and we will both get banned.

Thats not good for either of us. So I'm willing to just move on.

First your making assumptions as a way to deflect actually debating what Ive been saying for 80+ pages now. What I want I clearly described. I dont care about likes. I care about a proper representation of the sport and because its missing many of the things I listed It in my view and others doesnt represent MMA accurately. You continue to strawman me because you know you really don't have any solid arguments at all and to debate the ideas would show this.

One minute your with the sim crowd. The next your with the "balance" crowd (balance comes from realism not chaotic arcade game mechanics). If you were able to actually debate my ideas and not be triggered by the fact my arguments are more solid and thought out then yours we'd have no problem. Since your incapable of refuting me you attack my character in hopes noone listens counting on that to shut me down. All the while you escape actually being confronted with arguments based on realism.

Your sole goal here is to avoid and deflect situations where examples are given to prove you're wrong. Ive done nothing but present ideas based on facts. Your the one making personal attacks on not just me but others as well. So again which of my ideas are bad? R6 seige didnt improve till it became more realistic. The balance came from realism
Old 05-31-2019, 06:46 PM   #780
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomitomitomi
Is "putting pressure on someone they never knew existed" a measurable and objective fact that you can test yourself? You forgot to include "Boom roasted" and "10-7 outside fighting", btw.

Pretty poor defense. I've had civil interactions in this thread with Romero, Rommel and phillyboi just to name a few.
Not it all I just think we were having a productive conversation about the game and what things they could do better for UFC 4, but u guys like to make a discussion about everything...

Ps. Don’t need to quote me, I’m focus only in the thread again.

Last edited by bmlimo; 05-31-2019 at 07:00 PM.
Old 05-31-2019, 07:25 PM   #781
Pro

Can yous not both ignore each other? Just shut the **** up and actually speak about the game. Let's just refresh and start again, no need response to each other, you know who I am talking too.

Anyways I think another angle that needs to be considered is accuracy, the accuracy is far far higher in the game compared to real life.

A few previous ideas on this topic:

Lower the range of moving strikes

IRL most people do not throw strikes while moving an awful lot. Limiting the distance normal moving strikes cover could help people adjust to proper range while fight and cause a lot more shots to miss by a fraction.

Change the command off lunging strikes
Changing the command from a flick, which is unreliable, to something else will make people consciously use these strikes more often creating a dynamic where peolple would choose to mix up stationary, moving and lunging strikes more often.

Decrease accuracy of moving strikes
Increase the chances of strike moving slighly off from the selected target and for it to land just off.

Add better hit detection for shots to hit shoulders, chests and gloves
Allow shots to hit these areas more often lowers the percantage of people getting hit in a realistic manner.

Change small lunges command from stick flick to something more reliable
Increases the chances of these being used more, also make the animation slightly more pronounced to encourage use as well as confirm use.

Add a greater benefit to using stationary strikes
By making these strikes far more accurate and somewhat faster will encourage people to use them more, this decreases chance of peopme getting hit as they arent covering as much distance, but will be more used due to the reasons given.

Add a parry system
Give a new tool that can be used to defence against combos and block breaking, encourages mix ups and more creative combos.

Add arm health decrease
Arm health should decrease over time making blocking less viable. The more you use block the less blocking health you will have in the long run. This is a very realsitic change as fighters deliberately throw high kicks to damage fighters fore arms, which lowers power, speed and there ability to block over time.

Add RT+RB lateral movement
Angling off is essential to not getting hit, currently we can only move back to not get hit. Would work similar to lunges but not as pronouced, would work similarly to multiple small lunges cause the fighter to reset to be able to land.

Add better wresting and takedowns
By making takedowns and wrestling closer to reality it will make people throw less as even if they defend the enitial takedown they still could get taken down.

Add more vulnerabilty for blocking wrong
Blocking wrong should creste a vulnerbailty spike, or at least a greater one. This decreases people from blocking as they would more likely use the other defensive tools.

Greatly reduce the stamina cost of using special movement
Activity encourage people to move more, this would be balanced by giving higher vulnerbailty as well as consistent use be given a long term stamina tax, would have to be worked on a × system rather than active decrease.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2019, 07:30 PM   #782
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1212headkick
First your making assumptions as a way to deflect actually debating what Ive been saying for 80+ pages now. What I want I clearly described. I dont care about likes. I care about a proper representation of the sport and because its missing many of the things I listed It in my view and others doesnt represent MMA accurately. You continue to strawman me because you know you really don't have any solid arguments at all and to debate the ideas would show this.

One minute your with the sim crowd. The next your with the "balance" crowd (balance comes from realism not chaotic arcade game mechanics). If you were able to actually debate my ideas and not be triggered by the fact my arguments are more solid and thought out then yours we'd have no problem. Since your incapable of refuting me you attack my character in hopes noone listens counting on that to shut me down. All the while you escape actually being confronted with arguments based on realism.

Your sole goal here is to avoid and deflect situations where examples are given to prove you're wrong. Ive done nothing but present ideas based on facts. Your the one making personal attacks on not just me but others as well. So again which of my ideas are bad? R6 seige didnt improve till it became more realistic. The balance came from realism

Again....you don’t read. In my last post, I mentioned 3 of your ideas that I have issues with. I’m just not going to discuss them in depth because you aren’t capable of responding with any depth.

Everyone of their points you made have been addressed by other people here and youve shown u aren’t capable of having a straightforward discussion about any of them.

Also the fact that I clearly explained to you my position and your response is some “sim crowd” bull**** is a prime example why I don’t see the benefit and having a real discussion with you about the game.

Nothing you have stated here in your year and a half at OS has resulted in anything in the game. Nothing. I’m serious. Absolutely nothing.

The things that you think may have been added because of you were the result of discussions that predate you and or had nothing to do with you.

Your approach and inability to discuss the game in a reasonable way is the primary reason for that (along with your bad ideas). So keep banging your head against the wall. Keep doing the same thing you always do. You will continue to get the same results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 05-31-2019, 07:32 PM   #783
Pro

Quote:
Again....you don’t read. In my last post, I mentioned 3 of your ideas that I have issues with. I’m just not going to discuss them in depth because you aren’t capable of responding with any depth.

Everyone of their points you made have been addressed by other people here and youve shown u aren’t capable of having a straightforward discussion about any of them.

Also the fact that I clearly explained to you my position and your response is some “sim crowd” bull**** is a prime example why I don’t see the benefit and having a real discussion with you about the game.

Nothing you have stated here in your year and a half at OS has resulted in anything in the game. Nothing. I’m serious. Absolutely nothing.

The things that you think may have been added because of you were the result of discussions that predate you and or had nothing to do with you.

Your approach and inability to discuss the game in a reasonable way is the primary reason for that (along with your bad ideas). So keep banging your head against the wall. Keep doing the same thing you always do. You will continue to get the same results.

Just stop man, you don't need to reply. Just ****ing stop.
Old 05-31-2019, 07:32 PM   #784
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

I’ll respond as long as he does. I’ve been trying to end this for a while but he’s unwilling so I’ll continue to respond.

Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »