Home

Circling Out --- Sprint Option For UFC 4

This is a discussion on Circling Out --- Sprint Option For UFC 4 within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2019, 07:32 PM   #785
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Circling Out --- Sprint Option For UFC 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1212headkick
First your making assumptions as a way to deflect actually debating what Ive been saying for 80+ pages now. What I want I clearly described. I dont care about likes. I care about a proper representation of the sport and because its missing many of the things I listed It in my view and others doesnt represent MMA accurately. You continue to strawman me because you know you really don't have any solid arguments at all and to debate the ideas would show this.

One minute your with the sim crowd. The next your with the "balance" crowd (balance comes from realism not chaotic arcade game mechanics). If you were able to actually debate my ideas and not be triggered by the fact my arguments are more solid and thought out then yours we'd have no problem. Since your incapable of refuting me you attack my character in hopes noone listens counting on that to shut me down. All the while you escape actually being confronted with arguments based on realism.

Your sole goal here is to avoid and deflect situations where examples are given to prove you're wrong. Ive done nothing but present ideas based on facts. Your the one making personal attacks on not just me but others as well. So again which of my ideas are bad? R6 seige didnt improve till it became more realistic. The balance came from realism
Shut up, you and Aholbert are ruining this thread, stop replying to him. I've told him the same now move the **** on.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2019, 10:08 PM   #786
EA Game Changer

MartialMind's Arena

Quote:
Shuffle step is a bad idea?
Rhythm manipulation is a bad idea?
Increasing body hook speed is a bad idea?
Framing is a bad idea?
Increasing the utility of dominick cruz lunges is a bad idea?
Better footwork is a bad idea?
Having three stances - orthodox, neutral and southpaw is a bad idea?
Using more from ud3 is a bad idea?
Removing frame tax from taller fighters is a bad idea?
Being more esports minded is a bad idea?
Making practice mode better is a bad idea?
Stamina tax for blocked strikes is a bad idea?

Funny several people here agreed with these ideas. Stop claiming you support realism. You clearly don't.
All the ideas in bold are bad ideas. We'll discuss why they are bad ideas later, but for now.... i'd like to ask you a few specific questions and I'd like you to explain them to me/us.

- What is "Rhythm manipulation"
- What is "Framing"
- What do you mean by "Neutral" when you ask for 3 stances
- What is "More" when you ask for "More from UD3".

Looking forward to your answers.
Old 06-01-2019, 01:48 AM   #787
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartialMind
All the ideas in bold are bad ideas. We'll discuss why they are bad ideas later, but for now.... i'd like to ask you a few specific questions and I'd like you to explain them to me/us.

- What is "Framing"

Rhythm manipulation is where you throw hard or soft strikes to play with your opponents timing in conjuction with pauses and footwork. Lets take a look at the 112 combination. I could come in and throw the combo like this the first time

fast fast fast

Conditioning them to that rhythm the next time i could come in and throw

hard fast hard.

Next time i could come in. And go
Fast pause fast hard.

Instead of trying to throw all punches powerfully, you throw the jabs super fast and then smash in the right hands. Instead of bam-BAM-bam-BAM, your combination sounds more like baBAM!-baBAM! You can even throw your harder shots between the faster 1s. Fast hard hard fast. We cannot do anything like this in the game. We can pause but we cannot throw hard or fast strikes (like fnc or ufc 2). You can win entire fights throwing nothing but the 1-2 over and over if you use different rhythms. Hell, that’s exactly what some world champions did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTAvtQciyGw

Framing or Hand fighting.

Where i can come in and push on your lead arm to guage distance, be defensive and setup shots. Similar to how the long guard is in this game only you can do this stationary. You can slow opponents down doing this and be offensive and create angles and circle out. Your a muay thai practitioner so you already knew this. Its been talked about numerous times here. Weird asking questions you know the answers to but okay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTfbze3Uq3o

More as in cage seated positions rocked states on the ground butt scooting to the cage. Takedown struggles. Clinch locomotion. Pride mode. The tutorial system. The ability to drill one position at a time. Simulation mode. Etc.

Neutral Stance - the stance you return to when preparing to shuffle and v step or disguise your stance and create angles. This is what we should be able to do before we circle (shuffle step ). (trick questions?)

In short this was probably your attempt to try and clown me as well. Hopefully you actually listen without bias. I doubt that will happen or that youll treat me with the respect I deserve

Last edited by 1212headkick; 06-01-2019 at 04:00 AM.
Old 06-01-2019, 06:15 AM   #788
Pro

Quote:
Rhythm manipulation is where you throw hard or soft strikes to play with your opponents timing in conjuction with pauses and footwork. Lets take a look at the 112 combination. I could come in and throw the combo like this the first time

fast fast fast

hard fast hard.

Fast pause fast hard.

Instead of trying to throw all punches powerfully, you throw the jabs super fast and then smash in the right hands. Instead of bam-BAM-bam-BAM, your combination sounds more like baBAM!-baBAM! You can even throw your harder shots between the faster 1s. Fast hard hard fast. We cannot do anything like this in the game. We can pause but we cannot throw hard or fast strikes (like fnc or ufc 2). You can win entire fights throwing nothing but the 1-2 over and over if you use different rhythms. Hell, that’s exactly what some world champions did.

Where i can come in and push on your lead arm to guage distance, be defensive and setup shots. Similar to how the long guard is in this game only you can do this stationary. You can slow opponents down doing this and be offensive and create angles and circle out. Your a muay thai practitioner so you already knew this.

More as in cage seated positions rocked states on the ground butt scooting to the cage. Takedown struggles. Clinch locomotion. Pride mode. The tutorial system. The ability to drill one position at a time. Simulation mode. Etc.

Neutral Stance - the stance you return to when preparing to shuffle and v step or disguise your stance and create angles. This is what we should be able to do before we circle (shuffle step ).
Fixed it for you, stick to this from now on! I'm am agreeing with your points here, no need for anything other than that please.

Last edited by Lauriedr1ver; 06-01-2019 at 07:26 AM.
Old 06-01-2019, 01:38 PM   #789
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartialMind

- What is "Framing"

Looking forward to your response
Old 06-01-2019, 02:09 PM   #790
MVP

RomeroXVII's Arena

Quote:

fast fast fast

hard fast hard.

Fast pause fast hard.

Where i can come in and push on your lead arm to guage distance, be defensive and setup shots. Similar to how the long guard is in this game only you can do this stationary. You can slow opponents down doing this and be offensive and create angles and circle out. Your a muay thai practitioner so you already knew this. Its been talked about numerous times here. Weird asking questions you know the answers to but okay.

Neutral Stance - the stance you return to when preparing to shuffle and v step or disguise your stance and create angles. This is what we should be able to do before we circle (shuffle step ). (trick questions?)

In short this was probably your attempt to try and clown me as well. Hopefully you actually listen without bias. I doubt that will happen or that youll treat me with the respect I deserve

1212, you literally did a good job listing your points, there was no need to throw shade or an assumption that Martial was trying to 'clown' you. Stick to listing your points that way without trying to take jabs at people, and more people will actually take the time to listen to you than write you off as an egomaniac.

For me, everybody gets treated with respect, it's disrespect that gets earned based on that individuals actions.

The framing and hand fighting part is cool, but I'm not too sure that would work well in the game.

The rhythm manipulation is what I currently do in terms of playing with somebody's block if they have a tendency to always block low after the 2nd or 3rd strike, but a power modifier would low-key help differentiate there i.e. like Dustin Poirier's performance against Max Holloway.
Old 06-01-2019, 02:32 PM   #791
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomeroXVII
1212, you literally did a good job listing your points, there was no need to throw shade or an assumption that Martial was trying to 'clown' you. Stick to listing your points that way without trying to take jabs at people, and more people will actually take the time to listen to you than write you off as an egomaniac.

For me, everybody gets treated with respect, it's disrespect that gets earned based on that individuals actions.

The framing and hand fighting part is cool, but I'm not too sure that would work well in the game.

The rhythm manipulation is what I currently do in terms of playing with somebody's block if they have a tendency to always block low after the 2nd or 3rd strike, but a power modifier would low-key help differentiate there i.e. like Dustin Poirier's performance against Max Holloway.
Assumption was fairly made due to the fact every time someone talked **** he liked the comments and 20+ pages of out right attacks on my character when I was discussing the game. Blame aholbert for derailing the thread and starting a **** storm. Im completely willing to only talk about this game. Funny retracted was never called an egomaniac and he constantly belittled others Im a nice guy I hate bullys. I also hate my words being twisted.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2019, 02:52 PM   #792
MVP

RomeroXVII's Arena

Quote:
Assumption was fairly made due to the fact every time someone talked **** he liked the comments and 20+ pages of out right attacks on my character when I was discussing the game. Blame aholbert for derailing the thread and starting a **** storm. Im completely willing to only talk about this game. Funny retracted was never called an egomaniac and he constantly belittled others Im a nice guy I hate bullys. I also hate my words being twisted.
People ALWAYS criticized Retracted. That dude isn't even here any more, the conversation is about the parties involved now.

From what I read, the only attacks on your character came after you felt the need to brag, boast about being top 50, and shutting down solid counter responses with disrespect, and attacking people first, you called aholbert a waste and claimed that he doesn't help the community when you have NO IDEA on what he does behind the scenes like I do, or like others do.

For example, I would have exchanges with SUGATA on things we didn't agree about, but I will never go out and say he does nothing considering he takes a lot of his time out figuring out frames and guides for players who are into finding out in-depth data with counter windows and what not.

I think it's high time that this thread is shut down, somebody copy and paste the solid points that were made earlier in this thread before it was derailed, because this went from being a mature discussion to a high school lunchroom roast session.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Operation Sports mobile app
E-Sports Summer Series EA UFC Champion (Season 1)
ESFL UFC 4 Las Vegas 2022 World Champion
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »