Home

UFC 4 can look like this ???

This is a discussion on UFC 4 can look like this ??? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-17-2019, 08:30 PM   #9
EA Sports UFC Developer

OVR: 0
Re: UFC 4 can look like this ???

Not sure how much you know about animation technology, but we don't use canned animations in UFC 3's locomotion or striking. Not in the way old games used to be made that you're likely thinking of.

Our loco and striking animations use a relatively new and developing technology akin to motion fields and motion matching. For Honor actually had a really good talk at the Game Developer Conference (GDC) a few years back about similar techniques: https://www.gameanim.com/2016/05/03/...bisofts-honor/

I'm pretty sure there's GDC talk about our implementation and use as well, but I think it's still locked in their vault behind a login requirement. Hopefully it hits youtube like the UFC 1 & 2 talks GPD did.
Old 06-17-2019, 08:35 PM   #10
EA Sports UFC Developer

Oh, and to confirm, those videos for the Mike Tyson game are 100% not live gameplay. That's canned animations being played back in a pre-rendered environment.

There's a ton of techniques that can increase apparent fidelity of the graphics render, and indeed if we had PC builds they'd be closer to this. However even those have their limitations, and it's not always as straight forward as more power = better game. There's a reason it takes 100+ people a few years to make games like this...but damn, I can't wait for the day when tech and tools get to a point where making something like that is feasible as a video game!

But that's a wholly different topic
Old 06-17-2019, 10:28 PM   #11
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skynet
Not sure how much you know about animation technology, but we don't use canned animations in UFC 3's locomotion or striking. Not in the way old games used to be made that you're likely thinking of.

Our loco and striking animations use a relatively new and developing technology akin to motion fields and motion matching. For Honor actually had a really good talk at the Game Developer Conference (GDC) a few years back about similar techniques: https://www.gameanim.com/2016/05/03/...bisofts-honor/

I'm pretty sure there's GDC talk about our implementation and use as well, but I think it's still locked in their vault behind a login requirement. Hopefully it hits youtube like the UFC 1 & 2 talks GPD did.
Okay well I’m 1000 percent positive every punch in the game is thrown the same way. The same jab for each fighter is the only one that plays(if that makes any sense) it only changes based on movement. I’m not a dev but you can look with your own eyes and see the canned animations. Every body kick looks the same(a level 3 body kick will always be a level 3 body kick.) you can test this yourself
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2019, 10:45 PM   #12
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1212headkick
Okay well I’m 1000 percent positive every punch in the game is thrown the same way. The same jab for each fighter is the only one that plays(if that makes any sense) it only changes based on movement. I’m not a dev but you can look with your own eyes and see the canned animations. Every body kick looks the same(a level 3 body kick will always be a level 3 body kick.) you can test this yourself
Are you serious?

No bull****, GPD himself has posted here before saying the same thing Skynet did. I was going to post that earlier but at this point (and as your response proves) its useless because you refuse to acknowledge when you are wrong.

You have a developer who took the time to respond to your false statement. A developer who really has no reason to lie (it isnt like less people are going to buy the game because you think its 100% canned) and your response is...he's wrong?

You arent a dev. Neither am I. So how about you let the dev talk about dev stuff. You can go on and talk about the meta or haptic feedback or knee spam or whatever "high level" online ****, you talk about.

When it comes to things like graphics or animation engines, you can have an opinion (or an observation) but if someone in the know gives you info....maybe you should just accept it and move on.
Old 06-18-2019, 03:26 AM   #13
Pro

LarsP's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RematchKing
I’ve seen games that look like this or better. This would easily be achievable on a PC but the devs love to ignore us so it’s whatever. If they would stop developing for the weakest link, these games could be far better. It may also come down to the engine they’re using. To my knowledge, this engine is the same one used for things like Madden, which I don’t think was a good choice. They either need to design their own engine specifically for UFC games, or they need to just use another one with more capabilities than the one they’re using and I’m not entirely sure of the capability of this engine, I’m just making a guess.
Please show me the games that look better.
Old 06-18-2019, 11:38 AM   #14
Pro

Wait y'all think this looks good?
Old 06-18-2019, 12:42 PM   #15
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomitomitomi
Wait y'all think this looks good?
The punches look like feints kkkk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2019, 01:23 PM   #16
EA Game Changer

MartialMind's Arena

Apart from the graphics... This looks like pure utter ****e. I said it the first time I saw it and I'll say it again.

If the punch animations in EA Sports UFC 3 looked anything like those obnoxious swinging garbage in those clips, I'd be screaming at the top of my lungs.

Again... Apart from the graphics, that looks like pure trash.

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »