Home

What strikes do you feel need changes?(besides knee elbow)

This is a discussion on What strikes do you feel need changes?(besides knee elbow) within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-12-2019, 11:16 PM   #41
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: What strikes do you feel need changes?(besides knee elbow)

- Agreed with the stockton slap. It’s embrassingly slow and useless now, almost like a taunt. It should be like any other strike.

- I think the teep to the body should be 3x faster - yes you read that right, THREE TIMES FASTER. The slowass, “I just learned how to throw this kick last Tuesday, so let me... make sure... I’m doing... this right” teep they have in the game right now is horrible. If you’re using Jones and attempting to stab a quick front kick to the body, you might has well go grab some pop corn and a cool beverage. Because you’ll be watching a full length documentary on the throwing of a front kick.

- Check hooks. Like in Undisputed 3. The only “off the block” strike we really have right now is the jab. I’d like to be able to land a super fast hook of the block.
ALMOST like parrying, but without sending my opponent into a state of defenselessness. Just a brief period where I can throw a fast hook. Or rear straight.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2019, 01:31 AM   #42
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Grappler
- Agreed with the stockton slap. It’s embrassingly slow and useless now, almost like a taunt. It should be like any other strike.

- I think the teep to the body should be 3x faster - yes you read that right, THREE TIMES FASTER. The slowass, “I just learned how to throw this kick last Tuesday, so let me... make sure... I’m doing... this right” teep they have in the game right now is horrible. If you’re using Jones and attempting to stab a quick front kick to the body, you might has well go grab some pop corn and a cool beverage. Because you’ll be watching a full length documentary on the throwing of a front kick.

- Check hooks. Like in Undisputed 3. The only “off the block” strike we really have right now is the jab. I’d like to be able to land a super fast hook of the block.
ALMOST like parrying, but without sending my opponent into a state of defenselessness. Just a brief period where I can throw a fast hook. Or rear straight.

This reminds me of the Jones oblique kick. It should be much faster. I think it already has good stopping power when they move forward. But yeah, it should be much faster. That's his jab. He can throw 2 of them the way people throw a double jab. Has to change.

https://youtu.be/kcerBvftLHc

This is one of the best highlight videos you'll see.
Old 09-13-2019, 02:17 AM   #43
Banned

Uhem... The flying knees seem to be really weird and unbalanced. It also feels like your are a little bit stuck in the mud when performing them. Johnny Walkers flying knee in real life is so explosive, powerful and he can cover a great distance with it. UFC 2 flying knees were a little bit too much distance, if we are honest, but we should find something in the middle, for UFC 4.
Old 09-13-2019, 01:25 PM   #44
EA Game Changer

Solid_Altair's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Ragdoll Guy
Uhem... The flying knees seem to be really weird and unbalanced. It also feels like your are a little bit stuck in the mud when performing them. Johnny Walkers flying knee in real life is so explosive, powerful and he can cover a great distance with it. UFC 2 flying knees were a little bit too much distance, if we are honest, but we should find something in the middle, for UFC 4.
This is good feedback. I'd like to know what others think about this.

Do yall think increasing its range and speed would make it OP, for instance?

(This does not mean a change will necessarily be made.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Grappler

About the teep, do you mean the rear stationary one?

We have a check hook counter of the block. It was added late in UFC 3. Romero has video about it (about his favorite counters). I think one, too. After you block a hook or overhand with your lead arm, you can throw a supper fast lead hook that can interrupt the opponent's combinations and which he doesn't have time to block (though he can still slip it).
_________

(That Ragdoll Guy, sorry for adding stuff to the post after you had liked it.)

Last edited by Solid_Altair; 09-13-2019 at 01:31 PM.
Old 09-13-2019, 01:46 PM   #45
Banned

I have some more input if yall dont mind.

As it is right now... performing a flying knee in UFC 3 is more dangerous for me, the attacker, than for my defending opponent. You are extremely vunerable when performing the move. You rarely see somebody get knocked out trying to perform a flying knee in real life.

The move is dangerous when somebody leans into it or gets caught trying a takedown, but other than that, its really useless in UFC 3. It also has no combos attached to it, you cant chain this move with a jab or something. Its slow and predictable. I think all other moves besides showtime kicks and cage knees have a combo in the set. But I hope we are going away from UFC 3s chaín combos in UFC 4 anyway so...

Last edited by That Ragdoll Guy; 09-13-2019 at 01:48 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2019, 03:16 PM   #46
Banned

I absolutely detest the forward moving body jab. it looks like it came from the drunken monkey martial art. No clue who mocapped it and where they learned to jab. The lunging body jab looks 1000x better

Forward moving uppercuts are terrible as well

We need the clean overhand from UFC 2 back.
Old 09-13-2019, 05:16 PM   #47
EA Game Changer

Solid_Altair's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyboi207
I absolutely detest the forward moving body jab. it looks like it came from the drunken monkey martial art. No clue who mocapped it and where they learned to jab. The lunging body jab looks 1000x better

Forward moving uppercuts are terrible as well

We need the clean overhand from UFC 2 back.
Which forward moving upper is bad? Lead or rear? And could you go into detail as to why they're bad?

And... strange. I really didn't like UFC 2 overhands.
Old 09-13-2019, 07:03 PM   #48
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid_Altair
Which forward moving upper is bad? Lead or rear? And could you go into detail as to why they're bad?

And... strange. I really didn't like UFC 2 overhands.
While i have your attention.

Stockton slap 32f to 14f
stopping power .8 to .4

Fwd moving body hooks need the whiff penalty cut in half(irl your not punishing one with rolling thunder). Noobs cryed about body spam and got their way. Needs a 4 frame speed up as well

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »