Home

What strikes do you feel need changes?(besides knee elbow)

This is a discussion on What strikes do you feel need changes?(besides knee elbow) within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-13-2019, 10:50 PM   #49
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: What strikes do you feel need changes?(besides knee elbow)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid_Altair
Which forward moving upper is bad? Lead or rear? And could you go into detail as to why they're bad?

And... strange. I really didn't like UFC 2 overhands.
Both

It’s the slide involved before the strike. The way it’s thrown there isnt much hip torque but they have ridiculous power.

I dont mind the overhands we have now but UFC 2 had a perfect overhand. I specifically remember Anthony Johnson having it.
Old 09-14-2019, 10:48 AM   #50
MVP

Feint jab body cross.

I think Martial is the only top guy who doesnt make this a major part of his arsenal.

Every other guy has this coming out almost every 10 seconds.

You’d think the UFC fighters would pick up on the amazing success of this strike
Old 09-14-2019, 06:51 PM   #51
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyboi207
I dont mind the overhands we have now but UFC 2 had a perfect overhand. I specifically remember Anthony Johnson having it.
Not even trying to argue or anything but the Overhands we have in UFC 3 aren't even Overhands. Theyre like huge "casting punches" aka the Fedor/Big Country Haymaker.

That's not an Overhand Punch though. A true Overhand has waaaay less extreme range of motion.

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2019, 02:35 AM   #52
MVP

RomeroXVII's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFCBlackbelt
Feint jab body cross.

I think Martial is the only top guy who doesnt make this a major part of his arsenal.

You’d think the UFC fighters would pick up on the amazing success of this strike
It's not a part of mine, seldom used. Only against specific people, and even then I try to avoid using it because it breaks the immersion of the game for me.

It breaks the body strike range reduction after a head strike (because you need to reset your feet) that they implemented in the game when the strike is timed after the feint, and I HATE IT with a fiery passion since it basically allows somebody to stay glued to you if you back up.

It tracks you if you back lunge + deals damage to long term and short term stamina.

Tracks you when you lunge to the SIDE, EVEN THOUGH IT'S A FORWARD MOVING STRIKE, and deals damage to long term and short term stamina.

It's the corniest thing in the game, if you input a regular jab body cross while a guy is backing up, the cross should miss, but if you do the feint and time the strike; suddenly the dude used a hidden Jutsu to slide across the Octagon and hit your belly. It brings things back to Season 2-3 when this was the main meta when you could actually stay glued to somebody with four piece combinations even when backing up.

It is one of the FEW things I truly believe that is actually spammable in game, because the way it's sped up because it's in a combo for most fighters, makes the reward outweigh the risks.

The only things I've found that technically beat it, is firing a knee when they get close to your body.

With Ed, we found out that the retreating Uppercut beats it with regards to trading damage.

If you block it on time, sometimes you have frame advantage to land an Uppercut.

Side stepping and landing an Uppercut.

Last edited by RomeroXVII; 09-15-2019 at 02:37 AM.
Old 09-15-2019, 06:41 AM   #53
MVP

@Haz

So I've tried using the stationary teep the way McGregor uses his stab, didn't feel the same. I guess it's still what you gotta do if you want to replicate that strategy but it's not the same. GoodGrappler makes a good point though, if it's sped up you could get that effect even with that kick. Maybe the animation is just bad. Ultimately though, maybe they can speed the teep up a little bit while also giving us the toe stab for offense.
Old 09-16-2019, 03:42 AM   #54
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFCBlackbelt
Feint jab body cross.

Yeah I see many top players using it a lot, it makes for very ugly fights to watch...I refuse to use it even though may be effective
Old 09-16-2019, 10:14 AM   #55
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomeroXVII
It's not a part of mine, seldom used. Only against specific people, and even then I try to avoid using it because it breaks the immersion of the game for me.

It breaks the body strike range reduction after a head strike (because you need to reset your feet) that they implemented in the game when the strike is timed after the feint, and I HATE IT with a fiery passion since it basically allows somebody to stay glued to you if you back up.

It tracks you if you back lunge + deals damage to long term and short term stamina.

Tracks you when you lunge to the SIDE, EVEN THOUGH IT'S A FORWARD MOVING STRIKE, and deals damage to long term and short term stamina.

It's the corniest thing in the game, if you input a regular jab body cross while a guy is backing up, the cross should miss, but if you do the feint and time the strike; suddenly the dude used a hidden Jutsu to slide across the Octagon and hit your belly. It brings things back to Season 2-3 when this was the main meta when you could actually stay glued to somebody with four piece combinations even when backing up.

It is one of the FEW things I truly believe that is actually spammable in game, because the way it's sped up because it's in a combo for most fighters, makes the reward outweigh the risks.

The only things I've found that technically beat it, is firing a knee when they get close to your body.

With Ed, we found out that the retreating Uppercut beats it with regards to trading damage.

If you block it on time, sometimes you have frame advantage to land an Uppercut.

Side stepping and landing an Uppercut.
A romero front kick also beats it😁
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2019, 04:59 AM   #56
MVP

RomeroXVII's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1212headkick
A romero front kick also beats it😁
It does, but I'm trying to find more stamina efficient ways to consistently beat it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »