Home

Geoff Harrower, AKA GameplayDevUFC, Leaving EA Sports UFC to Pursue New and Exciting Opportunity

This is a discussion on Geoff Harrower, AKA GameplayDevUFC, Leaving EA Sports UFC to Pursue New and Exciting Opportunity within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2020, 04:33 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Geoff Harrower “GameplaydevUFC” Leaving EA Sports UFC to pursue new and exciting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skynet
This is indeed a significant loss to our team, but an incredible opportunity for GPD so we're all stoked for him on that front (I'm also kind of jealous of the team he's going to...). He's been the driving force behind more change and growth on this title than anyone on these boards can guess and has championed community involvement and ideas every chance he could. I can only imagine that he'll have just as much an impact where he's going and look forward to seeing what comes of it.

UFC was the first team I ever joined at EA, and working with Geoff has been quite a privilege, and his involvement and openness on these boards and others is what convinced me to try and do the same (used spoons aside). He'll be sorely missed.

Thanks Geoff!
Does this mean I get to bug you about practice mode more now? Lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2020, 04:35 PM   #26
Pro

TheUFCVeteran's Arena

Re: Geoff Harrower “GameplaydevUFC” Leaving EA Sports UFC to pursue new and exciting

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1212headkick
I'm hoping this means you guys can get an undisputed dev or someone who loves mma like geoff does. Itll be hard to deal with a new gpd. I'm so sad. #feelsbadman
This is the best case scenario in my eyes - and something that should've been done earlier, honestly. Not that Geoff should've been replaced, not at all, but as an addition to the existing team. A few of the lead developers from UD3 would be a huge bonus for the EA guys.
Old 01-28-2020, 05:05 PM   #27
Former EA Sports UFC Gameplay Developer

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGowan
I mean, the fact that the lead developer quits close to game release is worrying to say the least.
There's never a good time.
Old 01-28-2020, 05:10 PM   #28
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
There's never a good time.
Whoever takes your place will take the role of the new step dad who the children (us) have resentment for

Sent from my SM-G960U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 01-28-2020, 05:15 PM   #29
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGowan
I mean, the fact that the lead developer quits close to game release is worrying to say the least.
I wonder if the rest of development time is mapped and locked in. I wouldnt want another lead developer to distort Geoff's vision for the game, multiple heads often lead to a conflicted direction when creating art.
Particularly in mid development I imagine EA has shoved somebody into the role, somebody without the deep passion and understanding geoff has

Sent from my SM-G960U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 01-28-2020, 05:15 PM   #30
Former EA Sports UFC Gameplay Developer

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skynet
This is indeed a significant loss to our team, but an incredible opportunity for GPD so we're all stoked for him on that front (I'm also kind of jealous of the team he's going to...). He's been the driving force behind more change and growth on this title than anyone on these boards can guess and has championed community involvement and ideas every chance he could. I can only imagine that he'll have just as much an impact where he's going and look forward to seeing what comes of it.

UFC was the first team I ever joined at EA, and working with Geoff has been quite a privilege, and his involvement and openness on these boards and others is what convinced me to try and do the same (used spoons aside). He'll be sorely missed.

Thanks Geoff!
Old 01-28-2020, 05:20 PM   #31
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

Re: Geoff Harrower, AKA GameplayDevUFC, Leaving EA Sports UFC to Pursue New and Excit

Noooooo

Our #1 Ally at EA is gone.

GPD...thanks so much for all your patience with us, I know it took a lot But I really think your efforts paid off in spades and brought this franchise back from the brink.

Really, REALLY was hoping to see how you could implement a better ground/BJJ game into UFC 4 since I know that's one of your favorite parts of MMA....

Good luck in the future I'll be sure to keep following you on Twitter/etc. to see where ya land

FNR4 Gamestop Vegas Tournament Qualifier
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

UFC 3 LEC: 2x Diamond; 6x Plat.
@Boiler569 on Twitter & Twitch
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2020, 05:24 PM   #32
Banned

this was outta no where. wish you the best geoff.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »