Home

POSSIBLE Release Date Info Tomorrow (1/30)

This is a discussion on POSSIBLE Release Date Info Tomorrow (1/30) within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-31-2020, 01:04 PM   #41
Sassy

MacGowan's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: POSSIBLE Release Date Info Tomorrow (1/30)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
My bad. I didnt read his whole question. I blew right past the word "new"

We dont know if they are EA UFC shorts because i cant see the EA logo. Could be standard old scholl UFC brand trunks.
Yes, you can. picture 4. And they look old. I would say maybe EA UFC 1.

Quote:
Thank you for doing this.
You're welcome. One of these days I should really put my nerdiness to better use.

The information I found has me a bit stumped. Going in I thought I'd find some proof that UFC 4 is in serious troubles. Forbes estimated earlier that UFC 4 would be out January 2020. Which means EA seem to now be behind schedule. on top of that the lead developer just quit and there hasn't been a mention of UFC at the EA earnings results conference calls since spring of 2018.

But. Looking through the archives it seems UFC has always been pretty low on EA's list of priorites. Which is concerning in it's own right. Also, why would EA pull the plug on the last game they have on the contract?

In any case, it's not good news.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-31-2020, 01:38 PM   #42
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGowan
Yes, you can. picture 4. And they look old. I would say maybe EA UFC 1.

You're welcome. One of these days I should really put my nerdiness to better use.

The information I found has me a bit stumped. Going in I thought I'd find some proof that UFC 4 is in serious troubles. Forbes estimated earlier that UFC 4 would be out January 2020. Which means EA seem to now be behind schedule. on top of that the lead developer just quit and there hasn't been a mention of UFC at the EA earnings results conference calls since spring of 2018.

But. Looking through the archives it seems UFC has always been pretty low on EA's list of priorites. Which is concerning in it's own right. Also, why would EA pull the plug on the last game they have on the contract?

In any case, it's not good news.
I can say this. Over the last 7-8 mos or so that I've been learning things about the game, the devs have never given us any indication that the game was going to be released this month. Forbes estimate is likely based simply on speculation because EA has released a game in the past every 20-24 mos and UFC 3 was released at the end of the January 18.

Its all speculation but again, Geoff leaving has nothing to do with the release of the game. He got a job offer and he took it. Happens every day in every field. Now its reasonable to speculate about how this will affect the quality of the game and post release support but as I said in Geoff's thread....a gameplay designer leaving isnt going to delay the release of the game.

Geoff was an important part of the gameplay team and a leader but he wasnt the only gameplay dev. He was just the most visible one.

I think EA has just gone away from mentioning unannounced games on its calls. We all know that they plan to release Madden and Fifa in the summer/fall and the new versions of those games arent mentioned in the slides.

There is a game. Given all the work thats the team has done this far, it would be a financial disaster to not release it. This isnt a Live situation where there is a competitor who is just dominating the market. Based on some of the posts I've seen here, they could take UFC 3, add some new fighters, a few new animations and modes....and still outsell every other EA Sports game other than FIFA and Madden.
Old 01-31-2020, 02:02 PM   #43
MVP

Macgowan thanks for the information .

For me I don't know what to think anymore . I don't have anymore energy to worry about this franchise anymore .

At some point news will come out.

Sent from my Infinix X604 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 01-31-2020, 02:03 PM   #44
Sassy

MacGowan's Arena

Quote:
I think EA has just gone away from mentioning unannounced games on its calls. We all know that they plan to release Madden and Fifa in the summer/fall and the new versions of those games arent mentioned in the slides.
No, But both franchises are mentioned in the conference call. Also games that are years away are mentionef. UFC 4 is not mentioned once. Hell, UFC 3 hasn't been mentioned once since early 2018.
Quote:
There is a game. Given all the work thats the team has done this far, it would be a financial disaster to not release it. This isnt a Live situation where there is a competitor who is just dominating the market. Based on some of the posts I've seen here, they could take UFC 3, add some new fighters, a few new animations and modes....and still outsell every other EA Sports game other than FIFA and Madden.
I hear you. I'm just saying looking at the reports it does not seem that UFC is on anyone of these Executives or analysts minds.

Not saying is cancelled. Just saying it's not good news.
Old 01-31-2020, 02:12 PM   #45
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
POSSIBLE Release Date Info Tomorrow (1/30)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGowan
No, But both franchises are mentioned in the conference call. Also games that are years away are mentionef. UFC 4 is not mentioned once. Hell, UFC 3 hasn't been mentioned once since early 2018.

I hear you. I'm just saying looking at the reports it does not seem that UFC is on anyone of these Executives or analysts minds.

Not saying is cancelled. Just saying it's not good news.

But as your data showed....its never been on anyone's mind, right?

In the last 5 years, EA has mentioned UFC 15 times during their calls. They mentioned Fifa 31 times during yesterday's call.

**** even the time it was mentioned 6 times that was because the call landed on the same day UFC 3 was being released and the primary focus of those mentions was how they were going to grow UFC Ultimate Team revenue.

So my point is its basically the status quo. The CEO rarely mentions the game and the game still comes out and sells what it sells. Not good news and not necessarily bad news.

Last edited by aholbert32; 01-31-2020 at 03:01 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2020, 12:11 AM   #46
Banned

They want to dual release it on current and next gen guys. Stop worrying
Old 02-01-2020, 02:37 AM   #47
MVP

Anyone have an idea of when the UFC License with EA will expire ?

Old 02-01-2020, 04:26 AM   #48
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitfistssaipailo
Anyone have an idea of when the UFC License with EA will expire ?

After UFC 4 I believe. Now that I think about it, that may be why this dev cycle is so long. They might want a fully completed product with good reviews/sales so they dont lose the license to somebody like 2K

Sent from my SM-G960U using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »