Home

What do you want most from UFC 4?

This is a discussion on What do you want most from UFC 4? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-20-2020, 07:40 AM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: What do you want most from UFC 4?

I want ufc ea 4 for the nintedo switch or pc
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2020, 11:32 AM   #42
Banned

I want there to be more blood cuts, and gashes. I want to see a bloody war if you get into a war in ufc 4. Right now you get in a absolute 5 round war in ufc 3 and get a bruise and 2 small cuts with a little blood dripping out. A 5 round war should look like this. https://www.google.com/search?q=colb...UFC3KG2u1tFdBM

Also i want there to be a consequence to getting cut and a reward for cutting up your opponent. If you cut the opponent above there eye,their accuracy attribute should go down. Not much but a little.

The blood is good to look at and makes the game feel real. But it does not change anything about the fight. And what i said above will have that change.
Old 03-20-2020, 12:26 PM   #43
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHADOW_UFCMMA
I want there to be more blood cuts, and gashes.
I completely agree. Just for the sake of realism. I threw out an idea of having Cut/Bleed levels 1-5.

Depending on multiple factors. Every fighter should have a cut rating. Guys like Nate Diaz or Diego Sanchez should have poor cut ratings as they have a lot of scar tissue and get cut up frequently.

Next, depending on the strike, it could open up a cut level 1-5. The higher the level the more it bleed, the more it bleeds the more it impacts the fighters block attributes and accuracy. If you initially open up a level 1 or 2 cut, it might not be bad, but if it gets continually hit it will develop into a 3,4 or 5 level. So an early cut in a 5 rounder could be a problem later.

Also, Level 5 cuts would be subject to Doctor stoppages.

Finally - all of this would be under the hood. We wouldn’t have a meter telling us anything about what level the cut is. We only have the fighter visual and the bleeding to get an idea.
Old 03-20-2020, 12:30 PM   #44
Rookie

A cut/blood system like this also makes certain strikes more dangerous. If I’m sitting in top-guard, my posture is held down and my opponent is landing multiple elbows from bottom, I should be really worried about that and get out.

Watch GSP vs Bisping for an example. GSP has Bisping down in guard, Bisping cut him up with vicious elbows. It wound up being worse for GSP than Bisping being on bottom.

Last edited by DCowboys22; 03-20-2020 at 12:33 PM.
Old 03-20-2020, 01:46 PM   #45
Rookie

The grappling absolutely has to be revamped. It’s such an equaliser just to practically get a free win out of one transition denial when you knock them around the cage and they survive all sorts of punishment, even multiple knockdowns.

Holding R2/RT and flicking the right stick to a win is just wrong. Like some positions you’ve a 1 in 3 or in certain ones a 1 in 2 chance of just guessing the transition if you pre-deny and that denial could effectively end the fight. It’s probably more of a 50/50 in a lot of cases since you can rule out 1 transition as it’s extremely slow and it’s very rare anyone even tries it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2020, 03:04 PM   #46
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinfarcements
This is why I still think RNG of old but built around the vulnerability system we have now would be AMAZING. But RNG is the devil around these parts, I guarantee that idea wouldn't get far on these forums. (But I'm just saying Fight Night Champion still feels great)
RNG isnt needed, consistency is needed. RNG could be used for striking accuracy only as i feel it would make sense here the most. But specific scenario should have consistent results.
Old 03-20-2020, 04:28 PM   #47
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4H Recognize
I want ufc ea 4 for the nintedo switch or pc
For the switch would be sweet
Old 03-20-2020, 05:10 PM   #48
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCowboys22
I completely agree. Just for the sake of realism. I threw out an idea of having Cut/Bleed levels 1-5.

Depending on multiple factors. Every fighter should have a cut rating. Guys like Nate Diaz or Diego Sanchez should have poor cut ratings as they have a lot of scar tissue and get cut up frequently.

Next, depending on the strike, it could open up a cut level 1-5. The higher the level the more it bleed, the more it bleeds the more it impacts the fighters block attributes and accuracy. If you initially open up a level 1 or 2 cut, it might not be bad, but if it gets continually hit it will develop into a 3,4 or 5 level. So an early cut in a 5 rounder could be a problem later.

Also, Level 5 cuts would be subject to Doctor stoppages.

Finally - all of this would be under the hood. We wouldn’t have a meter telling us anything about what level the cut is. We only have the fighter visual and the bleeding to get an idea.
I also in one of my threads brought up scar tissue for a health attribute. But i made it out of ten. Someone like khabib will be on the lower side and someone like daren elkins will be on the higher side.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »