Home

Are there any plans to fix these issues?

This is a discussion on Are there any plans to fix these issues? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-04-2021, 03:34 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Are there any plans to fix these issues?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TapOrSnap
Hi

1) We wanted to allow the player to queue inputs for the responses to be as quick as possible on the ground. We spent a lot of time going back and forth regarding the appropriate length for the queue. However if you need to cancel your queued up strikes you can do so by pulling the right trigger just like in standup.

2) This has been mentioned by other commenters. If your opponent is diving in they should be stopped by an up kick. I will have our folks take a look at the possible exploit on a getup from full guard postured.

3) As someone mentioned this is likely the strike being input while the block input is still lingering.

4) We have removed randomness from our game in order to give our players as much control as possible, however this means that when a strike is thrown there comes a point where we decide whether a strike will land or not. Usually this works out well but sometimes it means a punch tracks in a weird way or a kick that looks like it should land doesn't.

TLDR Block input clears ground and pound strike queue is the only really useful thing the dev wrote in his post.

Thanks for this information. Are you currently planning on keeping the postured up striking in a queue based system? I'm really not a fan but understand the reasoning.

Also any chance of an option to remove the auto pull down on holding block (R2) when you're the sub in a postured striking position? Removing this would offer a larger amount of control and the player could still use R1 + Up to pull the attacker down.

Thanks
Old 01-04-2021, 03:47 PM   #10
EA Sports UFC Gameplay Developer

TapOrSnap's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurkeyOfJive
Thanks for this information. Are you currently planning on keeping the postured up striking in a queue based system? I'm really not a fan but understand the reasoning.

Also any chance of an option to remove the auto pull down on holding block (R2) when you're the sub in a postured striking position? Removing this would offer a larger amount of control and the player could still use R1 + Up to pull the attacker down.

Thanks
If we remove the strike queue the game will feel more sluggish as the queue allows us to transition from strike to strike more intelligently and now that everyone (at least everyone who reads this forum) knows that they can clear it with Right Trigger there is no need.

The auto pull down is there to provide an automatic out for very inexperienced players who do nothing but block in GnP. If it wasn't there those folks would get stuck there with no obvious way out.
Old 01-04-2021, 04:06 PM   #11
MVP

Quote:
If we remove the strike queue the game will feel more sluggish as the queue allows us to transition from strike to strike more intelligently and now that everyone (at least everyone who reads this forum) knows that they can clear it with Right Trigger there is no need.

The auto pull down is there to provide an automatic out for very inexperienced players who do nothing but block in GnP. If it wasn't there those folks would get stuck there with no obvious way out.
These are the kinds of things I'd love to see get an on/off option.

I play offline against nobody but the CPU. I suck at getting up so theoretically you're helping me out.

Except what I hate more than getting stuck on the bottom is being forced into a game plan I dont want to execute because when I'm on top I know I'll get pulled down no matter what.

That's not giving a player control that's taking it away.

I understand it's a give and take, but when you talk about giving players control by eliminating randomness in one breath and then say this in the next, it sends mixed messages to a guy like me.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2021, 04:10 PM   #12
Rookie

Quote:

I understand it being there for inexperienced players which is why I'm interested in there being a toggle for it. I really dislike that I cannot use some of the sweeps/transitions (and see those cool animations) simply because I'm blocking. This would also force the DOM postured player to consider when they should drop back down so they aren't risking being swept. Would love for there to be a toggle!
Old 01-04-2021, 04:10 PM   #13
MVP

Quote:

Imo it's the auto pull down is a terrible idea.

In UFC 3 we had the manual transition and plenty of people escaped just fine. In fact there were transitions that got you quickly out of GNP if you momentum transition, all those are gone + arm trap subs, which was great in stopping GNP spam.

If nothing else the reason gnp is so strong in this game is because of the damage, it's more than ufc 3. I say bring back the manual transitions, arm trap subs, and reduce GNP damage so it works like ufc 3.
Old 01-04-2021, 08:44 PM   #14
EA Sports UFC Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRizzzle
Except what I hate more than getting stuck on the bottom is being forced into a game plan I dont want to execute because when I'm on top I know I'll get pulled down no matter what.
Wait, are you saying you don't like that the AI pulls you down when you're on top? Or that you don't like pulling them down and would rather keep getting punched until you wanted to pull them down?

If it's the first option then there's nothing 'automatic' about it, they AI is choosing to pull you down and it costs them to do so. If you're not blocking, and don't use the transition options, then the DOM stays postured up. The posture down isn't the DOM choosing to go down, it's the SUB pulling them.

If you mean the second option... why do you want to stay in that longer while blocking strikes?
Old 01-04-2021, 09:10 PM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skynet
Wait, are you saying you don't like that the AI pulls you down when you're on top? Or that you don't like pulling them down and would rather keep getting punched until you wanted to pull them down?

If it's the first option then there's nothing 'automatic' about it, they AI is choosing to pull you down and it costs them to do so. If you're not blocking, and don't use the transition options, then the DOM stays postured up. The posture down isn't the DOM choosing to go down, it's the SUB pulling them.

If you mean the second option... why do you want to stay in that longer while blocking strikes?
I actually agree with this. I would want to use a combination of block and head movement and posting to lower my opponent's stam and leave them open for advanced transitions, but I can't block at all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2021, 10:08 PM   #16
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skynet

Let me try again.

Why does the AI need this mechanism? They'll never not block, which means if I'm on top I'll always have a clock on how long I'll be postured up.

Now for when I'm on the bottom. When I say I suck at getting up, that's relative to people who are good at the game.

I dont enjoy that it's as easy as holding block and knowing that I will eventually get to pull them down. It's too simple.

While it might be more challenging for me to maneuver off the ground than others, the challenge is why it should be fun. If I know that all I've got to do is hold block, what incentive do I have to try anything else?

Thats a legit question. Are there other ways to do it? I haven't even attempted to seek them out knowing this way is so easy to pull off. If there is more depth to being on the bottom while someone is postured up and punching me, I haven't even thought to look for it because of this mechanic.

I imagine most competitive gamers, if given the option, would turn off the auto pull down. If I had a friend over and his struggle with getting pummeled on was influencing the fun he was having, I'd say let's turn it on.

It should be a setting that can be turned on and off, no different than some other sliders.

Is it frustrating to not be as good at a game as others? Yeah, sometimes I look at some YouTubers and for the life of me can't figure out how they have the reflexes to block stuff, or stuff a takedown or do the things they do.

But the balancing act is that having the game pacified to a guy like me isn't that much fun either. Sometimes I feel like this game is either too easy or too hard.

The striking game is challenging to me, in a fun way. The takedown are infuriating to me. I cant stop them no matter what. I'm not saying change anything, but I swear I'm not that bad at timing a denial, but all evidence says I am.

The ground game? Too easy. It feels like if all else fails I can just take it to the ground and win every time. That's not fun cause it's too easy.

I know that sounds like I'm going in all sorts of directions, but that's my experience with the game. One moment I love it. The next minute I'm kind of bored and ready to move onto a different game.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »