Home

Are there any plans to fix these issues?

This is a discussion on Are there any plans to fix these issues? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-06-2021, 12:46 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Are there any plans to fix these issues?

Weakening GNP is one of the worst takes for competitive gameplay I've seen. Sure, pre-patch 1 GNP was insanely overpowered, but now it's in a perfect state. Can't KO someone without them being damaged first. If you had full health, it'd probably take like 10 straight GNP scenarios from half guard to KO you. If you made GNP any weaker, no one would go for it unless they dropped you because you already have a good chance of getting swept or stood up from someone swaying or posting a strike. Are people really out here getting beat up from GNP? You almost have to try to get yourself KO'd.

Back side is the only position where I'd say GNP is overpowered in relation to other positions. You do more from back side than in mount or back mount. It's crazy. Back side is like, you either kill the guy on bottom (or get just close enough to blow all your stamina but you can instantly get up to avoid consequences) or you get swept cause they got lucky and posted a hook.

GNP does just enough damage to make it dangerous to not defend properly, but you CAN defend properly. You can GSP or Khabib dudes in this game with GNP because it's powerful, but it'd still take consistent work to damage someone enough to really put them in some danger.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-06-2021, 12:59 PM   #26
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetractedMonkey
Weakening GNP is one of the worst takes for competitive gameplay I've seen. Sure, pre-patch 1 GNP was insanely overpowered, but now it's in a perfect state. Can't KO someone without them being damaged first. If you had full health, it'd probably take like 10 straight GNP scenarios from half guard to KO you. If you made GNP any weaker, no one would go for it unless they dropped you because you already have a good chance of getting swept or stood up from someone swaying or posting a strike. Are people really out here getting beat up from GNP? You almost have to try to get yourself KO'd.

Back side is the only position where I'd say GNP is overpowered in relation to other positions. You do more from back side than in mount or back mount. It's crazy. Back side is like, you either kill the guy on bottom (or get just close enough to blow all your stamina but you can instantly get up to avoid consequences) or you get swept cause they got lucky and posted a hook.

GNP does just enough damage to make it dangerous to not defend properly, but you CAN defend properly. You can GSP or Khabib dudes in this game with GNP because it's powerful, but it'd still take consistent work to damage someone enough to really put them in some danger.
That's actually wrong. I have koed people without rocking them with only GNP just recently, mount and knee on belly can do that- especially with the baby strikes but I have done it before I learned about it.

It doesnt have to be nerfed to the ground, it could even go without changing the damage but remove the posture duration and add back the momentum transitions.
Old 01-06-2021, 03:48 PM   #27
MVP

No one past division 13 is getting KO'd in knee on belly without first being dropped. It is the easiest position to escape.

I'm okay with most of the defensive options for GNP, but I'm still not sold that free transitions and subs from postured up are balanced. I also think that you shouldn't have to let go of block and eats shots to transition from the bottom. So, obviously the auto pull down needs to go. Offensively, we need more strikes added (elbows can just be blocked with the post mechanics and hammerfists can be swayed).
Old 01-06-2021, 04:15 PM   #28
MVP

I did that to a purple icon player. But I dont care if they do or dont nerf damage, I only suggested that if that were the only way to remove the posture duration and undeniable transitions.

But yeah I agree the posture duration and undeniable transitions has to go- bring back the deniable momentum transitions. Those transitions pop up depending on stamin difference I think, if you do not block they can pace themselves and never allow the transitions to pop up, this has happened to me.
Old 01-07-2021, 02:24 AM   #29
Rookie

Removing auto pull down on block would go a long way to creating a more engaging GNP mini game. The duration of being postured would naturally be a little longer as the pull down is no longer automatic and requires player interaction but also many people would try to work for a sweep/transition and delay the pull down as long as possible - giving the person on top a chance to work a bit longer also.

I really dislike the queueing strikes system but I can't see that being removed now but removing auto pulldown on block (or at least getting the option to toggle it though I think it should be removed for everyone) is something I can see happening!
Old 01-08-2021, 02:41 PM   #30
Banned

Irish0331's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurkeyOfJive
Removing auto pull down on block would go a long way to creating a more engaging GNP mini game. The duration of being postured would naturally be a little longer as the pull down is no longer automatic and requires player interaction but also many people would try to work for a sweep/transition and delay the pull down as long as possible - giving the person on top a chance to work a bit longer also.

Thats not fun for me. I try to play realistically (or at least my perception of it lol)

I really dislike the queueing strikes system but I can't see that being removed now but removing auto pulldown on block (or at least getting the option to toggle it though I think it should be removed for everyone) is something I can see happening!
I feel like I'd finish every single fight I'm in via the new GnP system if I had no time limit on being postured up. I'm not a very good player (i dont even have PSN) but I have good success against AI (Pro) GnP defense. I feel like i do alot of damage in that position even with auto pulldown. If I could just hang up there and block escapes/transitions i believe (with the que'd strike system) i'd be finishing every fight in the first.

Last edited by Irish0331; 01-08-2021 at 02:44 PM.
Old 01-08-2021, 04:17 PM   #31
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish0331
I feel like I'd finish every single fight I'm in via the new GnP system if I had no time limit on being postured up. I'm not a very good player (i dont even have PSN) but I have good success against AI (Pro) GnP defense. I feel like i do alot of damage in that position even with auto pulldown. If I could just hang up there and block escapes/transitions i believe (with the que'd strike system) i'd be finishing every fight in the first.
The posture length shouldn't be increased without significant other changes to the system. The auto pull down should definitely be removed though. That wouldn't increase the finishing rate, it just allows you to choose when to pull them down. The novelty of that (besides player agency) is that it allows you to use the bottom fighter transitions without letting go of block and getting punched in the head.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2021, 02:50 AM   #32
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish0331

The posture length wouldn't be increased - the user would be given the option to pull the DOM down at the same moment they could previously they would just have to actively choose to do this. This one small change would freshen up the GNP a little bit by allowing the SUB to execute some of the more interesting transitions and being able to block but would likely give the DOM a little more time to work because most people won't pull them down the second they're able to.

Previously I've said I think this should be an option (you can choose to keep the auto pulldown on block or disable it) but after thinking about it I think everyone should have auto pull down on block removed - some newer players might get beaten through GNP to begin with but there's a transition UI with the buttons to press on the screen like all other ground interactions!

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »